Media Day 2018

10 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Yuzu talking about watching Plushy's performances over and over again and he stil does! And he watches ice dance and pairs more now....(sorry if this already posted, didn't see it??)

Awwww so while we're up all night watching Yuzu videos on youtube, he's up all night watching Plushy's videos on youtube... 

(and probably Plushy watches Yuzu's videos too...) 

5 minutes ago, Maya said:

Doesn't Yuzu's leap here look reminiscent of a delayed single axel?

it looks like a delayed single axel with helicopter legs lol

Maybe it's a single hanyu lol (it'd work well to have an axel variation named after him lol)

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

it looks like a delayed single axel with helicopter legs lol

Maybe it's a single hanyu lol (it'd work well to have an axel variation named after him lol)

It would be hard to do anything but a single with that air position though! This jump already has a short life xD 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

It would be hard to do anything but a single with that air position though! This jump already has a short life xD 

Admittedly. So a Hanyu Axel? And I don't think it actually counts as delayed, since he starts rotating almost right away - unlike his actual delayed axel.

I was looking at some axel variations, namely the open axel and tuck axel. But neither really fits... or maybe a combination... since the open axel seems to have both legs straight, but he actually bends one...

6 minutes ago, mercedes said:

that jump is a back attitude leap in ballet....and i can't stop watching the beauty of it

Same!! It doesn't matter to me what it is called, when I see Yuzuru do it in that clip, it's beautiful :img_20:

(but thank you so much for letting us know the name :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:!!)

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic