Major Competitions in Yuzu's Skating Life Streaming Parties

robin

Off-season is coming which means it's time to fill the emptiness with streaming parties :9:

Since there are alot of new fans who may want to understand Yuzu's struggles and the importance of his achievements better @Fay had the idea to make season streaming parties but with a twist. We will be watching the last groups of some major events in Yuzu's skating life instead of just picking out his performances. It will give a much better idea of Yuzu's achievements to watch him in the full context of the mens field of the time, to see where his competitiors were standing in comparison to him, how they fueled him and how he ended up dominating the sport for such a long time. We count on both older fans and newer fans to participate so that it can become a learning experience! (I also count myself as a new fan here because I admittedly have only selectively watched other skaters' programs of earlier seasons and haven't been an FS fan for very long.)

So we thought we would start with Nice 2012 and see what competitions we can find in the following seasons. (If you know of competition uploads of full groups make sure to link them below.)

Since we will be busy for the coming weeks we thought it would be good to start after the parade end of April/beginning of May.

List of our streaming parties:

World Championships in Nice 2012

This is a great idea!

I've been trying to do it myself and have watched some full competitions on my own, although I tend to skip some of the skaters when I lose my patience, so doing it together with others might be a better (and more fun!) option :biggrin:

I've been using this list for full groups/full events; https://app.box.com/v/fullfslinks

this channel is the one that has most of the uploads actually :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwIjQbpQ-PsiZ6TSsINb7Kw/videos

(here's Nice, though it is in French, is that important?) 

EDIT nvm I see that robin has linked that one :)

20 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

This is a great idea!

I've been trying to do it myself and have watched some full competitions on my own, although I tend to skip some of the skaters when I lose my patience, so doing it together with others might be a better (and more fun!) option :biggrin:

I've been using this list for full groups/full events; https://app.box.com/v/fullfslinks

this channel is the one that has most of the uploads actually :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwIjQbpQ-PsiZ6TSsINb7Kw/videos

(here's Nice, though it is in French, is that important?) 

EDIT nvm I see that robin has linked that one :)

Those are great resources thanks!!

(I'm on the boat of too impatient to rewatch whole groups so this will help by making it more fun)

This sounds great, I'm looking forward to it! 

I've recently watched the full GPF 2015 for the first time and it was very interesting (it's on Youtube with B.ESP commentary). 

I think we should watch these too (I haven't seen them yet!):

I can't find the GPF 2013 full video but I'd love to see that one  especially since Yuzu was the unexpected winner :9:

This sounds awesome! I won't count on being able to participate in all the streaming events (school's awful ;-;) but i'd love to make it to as many as possible haha! I'll admit i don't watch a lot of Yuzu's competitors closely, even though i've done so more the last couple of months, i'm excited to see and understand the circumstances of his wins more (:

19 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

This sounds awesome! I won't count on being able to participate in all the streaming events (school's awful ;-;) but i'd love to make it to as many as possible haha! I'll admit i don't watch a lot of Yuzu's competitors closely, even though i've done so more the last couple of months, i'm excited to see and understand the circumstances of his wins more (:

Last off season we tried to have two dates to stream per week so that everyone could join across timezones :) And we only did it on weekends which we will keep on doing this time, as well. Hope you can make it to many!

Never been on a streaming party before. Will join in if timing works with my schedule. What kind of technical "tools" is required? I'm too lazy to repair my PC which is spoilt since last October and is now surviving purely on tablets (but I have both IOS and Android!)

14 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Never been on a streaming party before. Will join in if timing works with my schedule. What kind of technical "tools" is required? I'm too lazy to repair my PC which is spoilt since last October and is now surviving purely on tablets (but I have both IOS and Android!)

It's called rabbit, there's an app but you can view it on your mobile browser too