Team Canada

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Various Team Canada news. Looks like the pairs are back on the ice, carefully staying, according to Trennt Michaud, 2 meters apart. Gonna make training lifts and throws a bit tricky, although it looks like Mike has a plan. It's also a gravity optional day for Keegan, apparently

ice dancers also back on the ice:

Including some honorary Canadians:

Did Olivia and Adrian stay here the whole time? Does anyone know?

Katia Kurokova is also back on the ice, but the rink isn't TCC so I'm wondering if she's still over in Europe...not sure what her home base is, whether Poland or Russia.

https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1273284463783526400?s=20

I don't understand why pairs and ice dancers should stay 2m apart. It is like close family, it is well traceable in case one should catch it...

It is not the same as coach/student, as a coach has many students, or a hockey team.

Asher Hill is going to join skateproud's live-chat

I've been waiting for Asher to join this sort of project and share his experiences in a conversation with someone willing to listen... instead of news show hosts that constantly cut him off mid-sentence since I watched a live-chat between Mae and Kiira. I think, in his situation, sharing his experiences and being understood would help a lot. I've watched some of the other live-chats hosted by skateproud (the ones invited Jorik, Amber, and Jordan) and Raya has been doing a very good job. The chats were inclusive and done in a relaxed manner and giving us chances to know the guests more as athletes and as people. (Honestly, I admire Raya for doing this by using a second language for him...)

• 4 weeks later...

it does make me uneasy, but for a different reason - a beauty context isn't exactly where I hoped to see her next, after her previous eating disorders and issues with her body image.

Sure, it might be that she's taking on this challenge because she now feels confident in her body, and if that's the reason, kudos to her, but... idk, I'm just worried that this might be, instead, her way to search for confirmation.

She is gorgeous and she is worthy inside out, and I hope she knows, and she believes this

7 hours ago, LadyLou said:

it does make me uneasy, but for a different reason - a beauty context isn't exactly where I hoped to see her next, after her previous eating disorders and issues with her body image.

Sure, it might be that she's taking on this challenge because she now feels confident in her body, and if that's the reason, kudos to her, but... idk, I'm just worried that this might be, instead, her way to search for confirmation.

She is gorgeous and she is worthy inside out, and I hope she knows, and she believes this

Yeah that too. :(

On 7/13/2020 at 9:33 PM, Paskud said:

insert huh emoji

mm, it seems like you have to pay to vote, and you can vote as many times as you're willing to pay? didn't think i'd find a judging system more corrupt than figure skating (jk, jk)...but still, this form of validation seems very...fake and unhealthy. JMO.

12 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I agree. I hope she's just doing it for fun and doesn't take the results too seriously. My mom loves watching beauty pageants, and I used to watch them all the time with her when I was a youngster. There's even more politicking that goes on in pageants than in FS. I remember Miss USA always made it into the top 10, and usually the top 3 or 5. It's like they reserved a spot for her already. :idk:

The judging panel was pretty fakey too, with one or two random celebrities thrown in. I haven't watched in decades though, so maybe things have changed, but it doesn't sound like it if you have to pay to vote!

It's been tough for Gabby, and I want her to just have fun with this and not take things to heart if the results turn out not to be what she is hoping for.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Fay said:

Joseph Phan and Bruce Waddell jumping side by side 4S. 

Quick correction: that's _Conrad_ and Joseph jumping, not Bruce.  Bruce is the one cheering them on at the end.  Bruce is in ID, which is why I hurried over to look at the video in surprise:laughing:  Regardless, it's lovely to see!

On 7/24/2020 at 9:53 PM, Fay said:

Joseph Phan and Bruce Waddell jumping side by side 4S. 

You gave me a heart attack for a moment with Bruce:13877886: because I knew he also competed in singles, but...a quad was a bit too wild 🤯

Glad to see Joseph and Conrad are having fun😁