Team Canada

On 5/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

I think there must be some kind of special visa class for entertainers and sportspeople, because otherwise we'd never get big American or international music acts etc coming here, but what it is I have no idea. It'd be fairly limited I would think. 

The foreign skaters at TCC are definitely on some sort of athlete's visa https://www.settler.ca/english/immigration-to-canada-for-athletes-coaches-and-athletic-events-organizers/

It does seem to state that athletes are eligible to apply for permanent residency, but I don't think the skaters at TCC would go through that process, and either way it takes many years (3+)

PJ has interviewed Nam as well. This one's uploaded earlier than those with Piper/Paul or Javi so some of you may have already listened to it, but I put this in here anyway because it is a nice interview.

This one has been uploaded a month ago but looks like this is the short film with which Roman took part in a film festival he mentioned in one of his videos or somewhere else?
The situation has changed a bit since then and skaters in Canada may be able to get back on the ice in the near future. I really hope their patience during this quarantine period will be rewarded and their experiences will help them in the future.

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

He may be in Vancouver, or at least in Alberta?

He lives in Vaughan, Ontario, or Richmond Hill:.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Vaughan,+ON/@43.8369994,-79.7060246,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x882b268883243a77:0xdd95317585aa054b!8m2!3d43.8563158!4d-79.5085383

He's in the same time zone as me. That's how I know he was up so late. 

Yup he's a GTA boy and I suspect he would have said if he moved way out to BC, because I doubt his coaching team would remain the same if he had. 

I"m glad he decided not to review skating memes.  I was more than a bit surprised when he said he was going to do it.  Mature of him to realize the big problems with doing so and pulling back from it.  And doing so in a positive way!

I understand his frustration with waiting, but watching the numbers go up in Ontario and seeing people being stupid in Toronto (and clearly many other places in the province if the Mother's Day social distancing flaunting theory is true), I'd have 0 problems if they delayed or otherwise pushed back the opening dates even further.  Safety of people in the province is paramount.  I am happy that Skate Ontario didn't jump to open once May 19th hit, whether or not that happened because provincial public health forced them to wait and to make substantive alterations in the name of safety.  No would want a rink to become the site of a cluster.  I hope hockey would be kept back for more time for rinks that handle both sports, as things get much trickier once team sports are permitted. 

3 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Yup he's a GTA boy and I suspect he would have said if he moved way out to BC, because I doubt his coaching team would remain the same if he had. 

I"m glad he decided not to review skating memes.  I was more than a bit surprised when he said he was going to do it.  Mature of him to realize the big problems with doing so and pulling back from it.  And doing so in a positive way!

I understand his frustration with waiting, but watching the numbers go up in Ontario and seeing people being stupid in Toronto (and clearly many other places in the province if the Mother's Day social distancing flaunting theory is true), I'd have 0 problems if they delayed or otherwise pushed back the opening dates even further.  Safety of people in the province is paramount.  I am happy that Skate Ontario didn't jump to open once May 19th hit, whether or not that happened because provincial public health forced them to wait and to make substantive alterations in the name of safety.  No would want a rink to become the site of a cluster.  I hope hockey would be kept back for more time for rinks that handle both sports, as things get much trickier once team sports are permitted. 

I can't even visualize how they're going to handle hockey under COVID. I think with the exception of the NHL, hockey is done for the time being, except for individual skills training. There's no way you could safely do a Timbits league right now, for example.

Roman's practice report on day3. It's interesting and exciting to see the process of him retrieving his jumps. Roman's likely to retrieve 3A faster than 2A like Yuzu did after his ankle injury in 2017...