25 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

What.  The.  F%#K?!?!!!

I don't know even know how to react.  I guess i am reacting - with utter bewilderment and extreme annoyance... I mean... I'm not normally sensitive to these things but what possible reasoning for doing this could there be that isn't offensive?

eta: it also looks like they  lightened his skin.

eta 2: for comparisonNathan_Chen3.jpg?width=300

Yeah I noticed that too. So moving champions to the West isn't enough in itself, color must be erased, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Jason Brown just tweeted his new SP, and it's Schindler's List, by David Wilson. :ummm:

Not really sure how I feel about that, for two reasons: 1. DW did a Schindler's program last year for another skater,  and the snippet of choreo Jason shows looks similar, and 2. I'm sick of the Schindler's List music in skating. It's fast becoming a warhorse and for what it ( the movie) is, that's really not appropriate. 

12 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So Jason Brown just tweeted his new SP, and it's Schindler's List, by David Wilson. :ummm:

Not really sure how I feel about that, for two reasons: 1. DW did a Schindler's program last year for another skater,  and the snippet of choreo Jason shows looks similar, and 2. I'm sick of the Schindler's List music in skating. It's fast becoming a warhorse and for what it ( the movie) is, that's really not appropriate. 

It’s his free. His SP will be choreographed by Rohene Ward. 

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

It’s his free. His SP will be choreographed by Rohene Ward. 

My mistake, but it doesn't change my opinion of the music, which I think should be plunked into a bin marked ' Do Not Ever Use Again' . 

Jason is Jewish, so I can imagine him wanting to skate to it. Well, ever since Yulia I’ve had a weakness towards SL. 

As long as no ever skates Roxanne again, I might be happy. :) 

I loved that subtle hand move on the last half Bielmann spin. Hope he keeps it! 

5 hours ago, Fay said:

Jason is Jewish, so I can imagine him wanting to skate to it. Well, ever since Yulia I’ve had a weakness towards SL. 

As long as no ever skates Roxanne again, I might be happy. :) 

I loved that subtle hand move on the last half Bielmann spin. Hope he keeps it! 

I just hope the choreo is sufficiently different from the one for the other skater Dave Wilson did a Schindler's for last year. Sometimes Wilson comes up with great things, but a lot more often his programs all look the same to me, like he's just phoning it in.