• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And to say that Nathan's doing things that have never been done...what, exactly, might that be? 4Lo? No, Yuzu was the first one to land it. 4F? I do believe that was Shoma. 4Lz? That was Brandon Mroz back in 2011. 4S? Timothy Goebel, 2002. And the first 4T was landed before Nathan was even born, by Kurt Browning in the 90's. 

Spoiler

*cough*  Yale  *cough*

:rofl:

21 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Hide contents

*cough*  Yale  *cough*

He's not even the first to do that. Sara Hughes, 2002 Olympic champion, did it first. And according to Google, he's only taking four courses a semester anyway. 

As a one-time engineering student, this amuses me greatly...my school required engineers to take six courses per semester. which I did while working 30 hours a week. Don't brag to me about  time management at university. 

16 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sad, but also weird when you consider that the US is the ground zero of the whole LGBQT rights movement, going all the way back to the 60s, long before any other country was open to it. America definitely has a bit of a schizophrenic attitude in this regard. 

That being said, I take issue with Scott's comments from a different perspective. Saying anyone is 'unbeatable' is always demonstrably false ( even saying it about Yuzu...reality is that this is figure skating and winning or losing is the judge's hands, not the skater's.). And to say that Nathan's doing things that have never been done...what, exactly, might that be? 4Lo? No, Yuzu was the first one to land it. 4F? I do believe that was Shoma. 4Lz? That was Brandon Mroz back in 2011. 4S? Timothy Goebel, 2002. And the first 4T was landed before Nathan was even born, by Kurt Browning in the 90's. 

If he wants to talk about the number of quads in a program, yes, Nathan is the only man to have attempted 6 and it was a spectacular failure. And under the new rules, such an attempt would be extremely difficult if not impossible. Nathan hasn't invented any signature moves either.  So no 'things that have never been done' for Nathan. 

Nathan's very, very good and getting better all the time. But he's no innovator and he's as human as anyone else so I don't really understand Scott's comments. They're unrealistic at best and jingoistic at worst. 

the only thing Nathan did, that no one else did, was jumping all 5 of them. yes, he is/was capable of jumping 4lo 4lz 4s 4f 4t. these are facts and thats all the credit we should give him

15 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Reveal hidden contents

*cough*  Yale  *cough*

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Ania said:

the only thing Nathaniel did, that no one else did, was jumping all 5 of them. yes, he is/was capable of jumping 4lo 4lz 4s 4f 4t. these are facts and thats all the credit we should give him

Hide contents

Ikr! Like, Yuzu goes to uni too, y'know! But all people talk about is how hard it must be for Nathan with him being at Yale, it gets kinda irritating.

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He's not even the first to do that. Sara Hughes, 2002 Olympic champion, did it first.

Not to mention the zillions of NCAA athletes in every sport under the sun, some of whom are competing at a very high level, some who compete in popular sports like football and deal with huge pressures from fans and media and with future pro contracts on the line, and some who are already OGMs like Kyla Ross. 

Just now, Vulnavia said:

Not to mention the zillions of NCAA athletes in every sport under the sun, some of whom are competing at a very high level, some who compete in popular sports like football and deal with huge pressures from fans and media and with future pro contracts on the line, and some who are already OGMs like Kyla Ross. 

Exactly.