Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

41 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

 

As long as they don't try and replicate the whole narrative they had at the time of 'real men' skating.

 

Though admittedly, the 'no transitions' bit is something that amuses me as an attempt  on Zu :laughing: He really is a terrible target, isn't he? I almost, almost feel sorry for them. But not really :biggrin:

 

That’s exactly what the costumes remind me of. The Evan Lysacek years. It’s manly as long as it’s black.

 

I have seen posters on the other forum denigrating Yuzu’s SS, but I don’t engage. Actually saying he has too many crossovers :rofl:

I think I never complain about Patrick's no real costume again. At least Patrick's look more bearable :slinkaway:

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I have a horrible suspicion that this is the thinking behind the 'sports gear' look

 

It probably is. We are so not past that yet. 

  • Author
15 minutes ago, beki said:

Actually saying he has too many crossovers :rofl:

 

I saw that. I laughed for five minutes straight. Of all the things they could have picked, they picked that. Ai. 

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

 

I saw that. I laughed for five minutes straight. Of all the things they could have picked, they picked that. Ai. 

They live in a parallel reality in which Yuzu’s programs are the poorest in terms of transitions. Ah well. 

At first I thought D/N were siblings bc of the hair, but maybe they just dyed it??

 

17 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

is there a YT link?

 

Not that I know of, but qq works for me!

 

44 minutes ago, Sayu93 said:

for those who want to watch pairs is up

  Reveal hidden contents

ETA: okay the link stopped

ETA2: and it's back

 

This different factoring of scores between the different disciplines throws me off every single time. I always need to do some research when watching competitions to remember what good scores look like in that particular discipline :S

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

 

As long as they don't try and replicate the whole narrative they had at the time of 'real men' skating.

 

Though admittedly, the 'no transitions' bit is something that amuses me as an attempt  on Zu :laughing: He really is a terrible target, isn't he? I almost, almost feel sorry for them. But not really :biggrin:

 

" real men skating" has been the theme of usfsa for decades and that will never go away unfortunately. Johnny got trashed and before him it was Rudy Galindo. Ppl still give Jason Brown heat for his hair lmaooo.

~WE ONLY WANT REAL MEN ON THE ICE!!!1!1111~

~NONE OF THAT SPARKLEY/FLAMBOYANT STUFF, ONLY MEN SKATING IN WIND SUITS AND THAT'S IT!!!1!11~ 

 

that also reminds me of when some random espn writer a month ago wrote about how all skaters should just wear ( flag emblazoned?) unitards and stop with the ~sparkly costumes~ . That's the mindset of this country.

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.