Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, cirelle said:

I’m kinda laughing. Looks like Yuzu’s UA, except the zipper. Fashion TM obviously. 

 

I can see some Yuzu in UA envy in these costumes too :rofl:

 

Except the Yuzu about Yuzu in UA is what makes it a good look....

So Vera Wang basically produced an Adidas knockoff for the SP and a UA knockoff for the FS, when Nathan is sponsored by Nike. Good job desu. :laughing:

  • Author

Well ... Lysacek is a consultant designer there or something and you know, these costumes are so 'exciting' that I wouldn't be surprised if he had input here. Good grief, what is that mess.

 

But Jason's is fab, oh yes. We'll pretend that blue monstrosity never existed.

Just now, robin said:

 

I can see some Yuzu in UA envy in these costumes too :rofl:

 

Except the Yuzu about Yuzu in UA is what makes it a good look....

 

Actually, it would have been better if it was UA. At least it'd have some color!

10 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Vera Wang part 2

 

 

I don't find it as amusingly meme-able as the SP costume and I like the sleeves but the visible zipper on the back kinda ruins it for me.

Does the front have sparkles or just a grey pattern? He look like he is wearing a wetsuit. 

Just now, ThiriYuzu said:

Nathan looked like he's ready to go for a dive. :)

 

I mean, maybe he's preparing himself for melting ice. 

3 minutes ago, robin said:

 

I can see some Yuzu in UA envy in these costumes too :rofl:

 

Except the Yuzu about Yuzu in UA is what makes it a good look....

 

I’m kinda partial to the tight black shirt look... Javi’s Reebok compression shirt has been a gift. :devilYuzu:

how could things go so wrong so fast??? from this, a strong 9/10 for me personally:

rawImage.jpg

to literally the blandest things ive ever encountered in my life :crybaby: 

Now that I think about it, maybe the bad VW costume is his good luck charm for Olys - I mean it worked for Lysacek, didn't it? :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, golden said:

how could things go so wrong so fast??? from this, a strong 9/10 for me personally:

rawImage.jpg

to literally the blandest things ive ever encountered in my life :crybaby: 

 

His SP costume was also great. All black, yes, but the lace made it very nice. 

  • Author
3 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Now that I think about it, maybe the bad VW costume is his good luck charm for Olys - I mean it worked for Lysacek, didn't it? :rolleyes:

 

As long as they don't try and replicate the whole narrative they had at the time of 'real men' skating.

 

Though admittedly, the 'no transitions' bit is something that amuses me as an attempt  on Zu :laughing: He really is a terrible target, isn't he? I almost, almost feel sorry for them. But not really :biggrin:

43 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

My point is, if you're going to disregard the song you're skating to, why did you choose it (keeping the lyrics)?

They could have used an instrumental version. If they weren't given permission or absolutely wanted a song with lyrics, they could choose another song that fit what they wanted to portray.

It's not like there is shortage of songs with sassy feeling, sung by whichever type of voice you want. But they chose this song, sung by this guy and with this lyrics, so both the voice and the lyrics became part of the song, so imo it's different from when you have to skate to classic or something like PW, where you have only the music and whatever feeling it inspires in you.

What is even the sense of choosing a certain piece if you're just going to say "I do what I what" with it? I don't demand the interpretation to be literal, but at least not completely different!

(which is why I liked the program better before I considered the song itself. I still like the program a lot and I don't even care about any of this when I watch it because I don't listen to the lyrics at all, which is quite easy for me given I'm not even native english speaker, but I think judges should care and this disconnection should be evalued in IN at least. Quoting from ISU: "The personal, creative, and genuine translation of the rhythm, character and content of music to movement on ice." Yes, it says personal and creative, but I'd like to point out it doesn't mean do whatever you want, it still has to be connected to the piece. And "Expression of the music’s character/feeling and rhythm, when clearly identifiable". Imo those lyrics do contribute to the character/feeling of this particular piece. The pure enjoyment of a program might have nothing to do with this, just like it can have nothing to do with difficulty, quality crossovers, lacks of TR and so on, but how the program needs to be judged is a different story)

 

:2thumbsup:to all this: you wrote exactly what I think about it!

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

 

His SP costume was also great. All black, yes, but the lace made it very nice. 

 

believe me, i know!!!! and his costumes even earlier than that had flair. sparkle and personality. and now all we have is ugly stripes, a wetsuit and broken dreams. :crybaby: 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.