ISU: makes presentation with introduction to this season changes in scoring

also ISU: for q rule they show downgraded throw jump where lady clearly lands forward.

They even slowmo-ed it! SEND HELP

https://www.isu.org/isu-news/news/80-inside-figure-skating-news/13244-a-simple-guide-to-the-changes-for-season-2020-21-by-the-singles-and-pair-technical-committee?templateParam=15

Worlds 2021 seems to have lost a sponsor: Kose is no longer listed as a partner on their website. I'm not going to make assumptions as for the reasons in these crazy times but  after Canon & Citizen, it's the 3rd company to back out. It can't be good for the organizers. 

Eta: well, they actually have another sponsor listed that wasn't there before. Kagocel, which is apparently a Russian antiviral drug. That's.... a choice in the current situation. 

45 минут назад, Veveco сказал:

Eta: well, they actually have another sponsor listed that wasn't there before. Kagocel, which is apparently a Russian antiviral drug. That's.... a choice in the current situation. 

Kagocel was a sponsor before, it was funny to listen ad in Russian during breaks in Saitama arena :rofl3:

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Shizuka’s Friends on Ice didn’t happen this year, so they made this nice little video about it

Such a beautiful and moving video. Thank you for posting. I hope we would at least get to see skating here and there like this since I don't think this season is feasible at all.

(Sorry in advance and I hope this is the right thread to discuss this)

I have questions about 2014 Sochi Olympic men’s free program. 

I’m a very very new Hanyu fan and ice skating fan (like since a month ago) so I’m not very familiar with ice skating scoring and regulations. So I tried to learn as much as I can. One of the method i got recommend is to watch the programs with scoring sheet from ISU to familiarize with the jumps and different elements and how well they were executed, etc.

So I was just Re-watching Sochi men’s free program with the scoring pdf and I’m a bit confused. So yuzu fell twice at the beginning of FS so he got negative GOE and 2 points deductions. 

And then I watched Patick’s program next and he also fell (with his hands on the ice?) twice in the beginning but he didn’t have deduction marks???? 

So I went to ISU’s website to find the regulation and technical rules. And rule 503 says:

” A Fall is defined as loss of control by a Skater with the result that the majority of his/her own body weight is on the ice supported by any other part of the body other than the blades e.g. hand(s), knee(s), back, buttock(s) or any part of the arm. For every Fall there shall be a deduction. “

Did they change the rules or something? Or is the rules for Olympic different ? (if so, where can I find the rules for that? ) 

Also, they say 1 point is deducted for the first and second fall. and 2 points deduction for third and forth fall. So does this means for the first two fall, each will be counted 1 points deduction ? And then third fall will cost 2 point instead??? 

:waffle:Please help! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

sorry again for the long post question🙈🙈🙈 I’m at a lost 😅 

I’ve no answer why Yuzu’s 3F was deemed as a fall, while Patrick’s 4T wasn’t. But basically, the technical panel decided Yuzu’s weight was off his skates, while Patrick’s remained over the skates. 

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

I’ve no answer why Yuzu’s 3F was deemed as a fall, while Patrick’s 4T wasn’t. But basically, the technical panel decided Yuzu’s weight was off his skates, while Patrick’s remained over the skates. 

Really? That’s what they decided? I mean it does look like Patrick’s weight was off his skates tho.

But anyway, thank you for you answer! 🥰🥰

1 hour ago, Rinnarsev said:

(Sorry in advance and I hope this is the right thread to discuss this)

I have questions about 2014 Sochi Olympic men’s free program. 

I’m a very very new Hanyu fan and ice skating fan (like since a month ago) so I’m not very familiar with ice skating scoring and regulations. So I tried to learn as much as I can. One of the method i got recommend is to watch the programs with scoring sheet from ISU to familiarize with the jumps and different elements and how well they were executed, etc.

So I was just Re-watching Sochi men’s free program with the scoring pdf and I’m a bit confused. So yuzu fell twice at the beginning of FS so he got negative GOE and 2 points deductions. 

And then I watched Patick’s program next and he also fell (with his hands on the ice?) twice in the beginning but he didn’t have deduction marks???? 

So I went to ISU’s website to find the regulation and technical rules. And rule 503 says:

” A Fall is defined as loss of control by a Skater with the result that the majority of his/her own body weight is on the ice supported by any other part of the body other than the blades e.g. hand(s), knee(s), back, buttock(s) or any part of the arm. For every Fall there shall be a deduction. “

Did they change the rules or something? Or is the rules for Olympic different ? (if so, where can I find the rules for that? ) 

Also, they say 1 point is deducted for the first and second fall. and 2 points deduction for third and forth fall. So does this means for the first two fall, each will be counted 1 points deduction ? And then third fall will cost 2 point instead??? 

:waffle:Please help! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

sorry again for the long post question🙈🙈🙈 I’m at a lost 😅 

The way I see it judged usually is like this: if all your weight on your hands and definitely not on your blades == maybe a fall depending on who you are :wink2:

Basically, your understanding of the rules if fine. It is the TP and the judges that have a problem in being consistent.

47 minutes ago, Neenah said:

The way I see it judged usually is like this: if all your weight on your hands and definitely not on your blades == maybe a fall depending on who you are :wink2:

Basically, your understanding of the rules if fine. It is the TP and the judges that have a problem in being consistent.

I see. Thank you. 

I guess now I have more understanding about why I always see comments in YouTube complaining about the scoring ... (not just under yuzu’s program but also in the ice dance, which I also just started watching) 

these judges seem not to be able to objective 🤔🙃 And that’s very sad 😢 

5 hours ago, Rinnarsev said:

I see. Thank you. 

I guess now I have more understanding about why I always see comments in YouTube complaining about the scoring ... (not just under yuzu’s program but also in the ice dance, which I also just started watching) 

these judges seem not to be able to objective 🤔🙃 And that’s very sad 😢 

Ice dance is notorious for arcane and untransparent judging. Basically the top five couples in the world don't seem to have much actual difference in level beyond whether the judges decide to like them or not.