Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rostelecom Cup 2017 in Moscow, Russia

Featured Replies

7 minutes ago, adiosnonino said:

Hi, so I wanted go to COR for quite some time but didn't actually do anything productive. :facepalm: 

I thought four months is enough to do everything without much difficulty especially because it's a smaller event...:sadPooh:

Now it turns out hotels are already booked, people are getting visa's etc. Never underestimate Yuzu fans :rofl:

Should I bother trying to get there or is it already too late? 

 

You're not late at all because they didn't start selling tickets yet. Hotel isn't really a problem. There are many hotels nearby. :earthhug:

11 minutes ago, adiosnonino said:

Hi, so I wanted go to COR for quite some time but didn't actually do anything productive. :facepalm: 

I thought four months is enough to do everything without much difficulty especially because it's a smaller event...:sadPooh:

Now it turns out hotels are already booked, people are getting visa's etc. Never underestimate Yuzu fans :rofl:

Should I bother trying to get there or is it already too late? 

 

Go for it!

 

I only have accomodation, no ticket, no visa, no flight - but I am still hopeful to see Yuzuru in Moscow:2thumbsup:

...to be honest, I dont't even have the time, yet, to go: I will be starting a new job on October first, so officially I can not go on holiday. My worst case scenario in case I get tickets: work, go to the airport after work Friday night and fly back Sunday night...but ifI can get a ticket for the men's free, it will be totally worth it. :smile:

 

And perhaps I will be able to talk about figure skating with my new employer and get away earlyier:rofl:

Every one,

I would like to have a good seat in Megasports Arena, but I still can't decide which one will be a "GOOD" one. 

Never been to the spot or even see a real competition of figure skating. 

Who can explain simply that which one shall be good one?

Thank you.

On 2017/5/30 at PM4点33分, Upnights said:

Yes, absolutely!

I asked a very kind fan of Yuzuru helped translate your mail to Russian. Here I post it hopefully could help other fans willing to write to COR committee for OUR RIGHT OF OP.

 

 

Я искренно советую вам открыть official practice 2017 Rostelecom Cup.

Если зрители можно смотреть это,они могут лучше знать о фигуристах и их программах.Они могут разделить фото в Интернете с фанатами,которые не могут ехать в Москву смотреть соревнования.И это тоже может увеличить популярность фигурного катания. Спасибо за внимание !

 

We request that you have open practices for Rostelecom Cup 2017.

For many fans, open practices are an important part of competitions. Attending practices allows fans to better appreciate the work that goes into skaters' performances. Photos and reports that fans post on social media are seen by many fans who can't attend competitions. This increases the popularity of figure skating.


На многих соревнованиях тренировки открыты,например World Championship,4CC,Skate Canada и Skate America.Зрители могут смотреть official practice без проблем,хотя бы иногда надо купить билет.Я считаю,что открыть тренировки можно приносить доход не только организатору,но и мечтой экономике.При этом случае фанаты будут приезжать в Москве пораньше смотреть тренировки и в то же время они будут платить больше за отели и рестораны и арену.
Для многих фанатов official practice это одна очень важная роль соревнования и решающий фактор,что ездить в Москву или нет.Так как они должны летать очень долго и платить много за стоимость проезда.

 

Open practices are standard at many ISU competitions, including the World Championship, the Grand Prix Final, Four Continents, Skate Canada and Skate America. There have not been problems with allowing fans into practices at these competitions. We believe that open practices are money-makers - not only for the competition organizers, who can sell extra tickets for the practices, but for local businesses. Fans will arrive several days early in order to attend practices, and will spend more money at hotels, restaurants and arena concession stands. For some fans, whether practices are open is a deciding factor in whether they are willing to undergo the travel and expense of going to a competition at all.
 

2 minutes ago, supphear said:

I asked a very kind fan of Yuzuru helped translate your mail to Russian. Here I post it hopefully could help other fans willing to write to COR committee for OUR RIGHT OF OP.

 

 

Я искренно советую вам открыть official practice 2017 Rostelecom Cup.

Если зрители можно смотреть это,они могут лучше знать о фигуристах и их программах.Они могут разделить фото в Интернете с фанатами,которые не могут ехать в Москву смотреть соревнования.И это тоже может увеличить популярность фигурного катания. Спасибо за внимание !

 

We request that you have open practices for Rostelecom Cup 2017.

For many fans, open practices are an important part of competitions. Attending practices allows fans to better appreciate the work that goes into skaters' performances. Photos and reports that fans post on social media are seen by many fans who can't attend competitions. This increases the popularity of figure skating.


На многих соревнованиях тренировки открыты,например World Championship,4CC,Skate Canada и Skate America.Зрители могут смотреть official practice без проблем,хотя бы иногда надо купить билет.Я считаю,что открыть тренировки можно приносить доход не только организатору,но и мечтой экономике.При этом случае фанаты будут приезжать в Москве пораньше смотреть тренировки и в то же время они будут платить больше за отели и рестораны и арену.
Для многих фанатов official practice это одна очень важная роль соревнования и решающий фактор,что ездить в Москву или нет.Так как они должны летать очень долго и платить много за стоимость проезда.

 

Open practices are standard at many ISU competitions, including the World Championship, the Grand Prix Final, Four Continents, Skate Canada and Skate America. There have not been problems with allowing fans into practices at these competitions. We believe that open practices are money-makers - not only for the competition organizers, who can sell extra tickets for the practices, but for local businesses. Fans will arrive several days early in order to attend practices, and will spend more money at hotels, restaurants and arena concession stands. For some fans, whether practices are open is a deciding factor in whether they are willing to undergo the travel and expense of going to a competition at all.
 

 

Hello, can I suggest I take a look at it tomorrow and edit this?

Just now, Fay said:

 

Hello, can I suggest I take a look at it tomorrow and edit this?

Sure, I don't know any Russian at all. I asked a very kind college student helped to translate it. 

If you can help to polish it that will be great!!!

3 minutes ago, supphear said:

Sure, I don't know any Russian at all. I asked a very kind college student helped to translate it. 

If you can help to polish it that will be great!!!

 

I will, but today's I'm just freshly off a theses' defence procedure, so I can't think straight. I can't think in zigzags either. :) I can't think full stop, I'm afraid

5 часов назад , supphear said:

Every one,

I would like to have a good seat in Megasports Arena, but I still can't decide which one will be a "GOOD" one. 

Never been to the spot or even see a real competition of figure skating. 

Who can explain simply that which one shall be good one?

Thank you.

For me it's like: the closer to the ice - the better))) If close to the KnC - that's even better.

17 hours ago, Fay said:

 

Hello, can I suggest I take a look at it tomorrow and edit this?

 

I've made some revisions to the letter, so I'd rather you translate that version.  No rush.  I am 1st going to do a Twitter campaign.  Check my Twitter (@michlmint) over the next week.  I'm going to set out the separate arguments for open practices (& refer to the Russian Fed's twitter handle, so they get notifications) & hope to get lots of likes & retweets.  I'm also going to put up 1 or 2 polls.  I'm going to ask a Japanese Twitter friend to translate my posts into Japanese, so Japanese non-English readers can respond too.  If anyone wants to translate into their languages, that would be great.  After that, I plan to send my letter (with a Russian translation, if you are kind enough to help with that), to the contact email for the Russian Fed.  I'll invite others to sign the letter with me or to send their own letters.  I decided not to post a petition since fans like to remain anonymous & online petitions require too much personal information.  The Fed is also on Facebook, so I'm keeping an eye on that for a post on which to comment about open practices.

 

I was at a skating event yesterday & I spoke with a competitive skater about what he thought about open practices.  He said he likes having the audience; when he gets up at 6am, it's nice that they're there with him.  I also talked with other people there who are involved with skating & they supported the idea of requesting that Rostelecom open practices.

 

Here's the revised letter:

 

Dear Rostelecom Organizers: 

We request that you have open practices for Rostelecom Cup 2017. 

For many fans, open practices are an important part of a competition.  Attending practices allows fans to better appreciate the work that goes into skaters' performances.  Photos and reports that fans post on social media are seen by many fans who don't attend the competition.  This promotes the skaters and the event, increases the popularity of figure skating and encourages fans to attend future competitions.

Open practices are standard at many ISU competitions, including the World Championship, the Grand Prix Final, Skate Canada and Skate America.  There have not been problems with allowing fans into practices at these competitions.  We believe that open practices are money-makers - not only for the competition organizers, who can sell extra tickets for the practices, but for local businesses.  Fans will arrive several days early in order to attend practices, and will spend more money at hotels, restaurants and arena concession stands.  For some fans, whether practices are open is a deciding factor in whether they are willing to undergo the travel and expense of going to a competition at all. 

We believe that you will discover many benefits if you allow fans to watch the Rostelecom Cup 2017 practices.

Thank you! 

 

 

17 hours ago, supphear said:

I asked a very kind fan of Yuzuru helped translate your mail to Russian. Here I post it hopefully could help other fans willing to write to COR committee for OUR RIGHT OF OP.

 

 

Я искренно советую вам открыть official practice 2017 Rostelecom Cup.

Если зрители можно смотреть это,они могут лучше знать о фигуристах и их программах.Они могут разделить фото в Интернете с фанатами,которые не могут ехать в Москву смотреть соревнования.И это тоже может увеличить популярность фигурного катания. Спасибо за внимание !

 

We request that you have open practices for Rostelecom Cup 2017.

For many fans, open practices are an important part of competitions. Attending practices allows fans to better appreciate the work that goes into skaters' performances. Photos and reports that fans post on social media are seen by many fans who can't attend competitions. This increases the popularity of figure skating.


На многих соревнованиях тренировки открыты,например World Championship,4CC,Skate Canada и Skate America.Зрители могут смотреть official practice без проблем,хотя бы иногда надо купить билет.Я считаю,что открыть тренировки можно приносить доход не только организатору,но и мечтой экономике.При этом случае фанаты будут приезжать в Москве пораньше смотреть тренировки и в то же время они будут платить больше за отели и рестораны и арену.
Для многих фанатов official practice это одна очень важная роль соревнования и решающий фактор,что ездить в Москву или нет.Так как они должны летать очень долго и платить много за стоимость проезда.

 

Open practices are standard at many ISU competitions, including the World Championship, the Grand Prix Final, Four Continents, Skate Canada and Skate America. There have not been problems with allowing fans into practices at these competitions. We believe that open practices are money-makers - not only for the competition organizers, who can sell extra tickets for the practices, but for local businesses. Fans will arrive several days early in order to attend practices, and will spend more money at hotels, restaurants and arena concession stands. For some fans, whether practices are open is a deciding factor in whether they are willing to undergo the travel and expense of going to a competition at all.
 

 

Thank you so much!

 

As I wrote above, I made a few revisions to the letter, but this translation should be a good base for the final one.

How about our high-profile friends,who can make some actual noise and difference? The skaters per se,the journalists,commentators. No need to foist ourselves on with solicitation,just ask them on twitter how do they like the idea,and if they do like it,whether they could help to spread the word and maybe drop it in the right ear. Such people coming to mind are Tatiana Flade, Alexander Grishin and skaters,who will be at  Rostelecom,especially russian skaters (I have my doubts Russian Fed officials can relate to the pain of Yuzuru Hanyu fans:)): Medvedeva,Radionova,Misha Ge( is he rеtirеd?).

 

(Why is the word "r.etire.d" bleeped?)

 

5 hours ago, Cosha said:

How about our high-profile friends,who can make some actual noise and difference? The skaters per se,the journalists,commentators. No need to foist ourselves on with solicitation,just ask them on twitter how do they like the idea,and if they do like it,whether they could help to spread the word and maybe drop it in the right ear. Such people coming to mind are Tatiana Flade, Alexander Grishin and skaters,who will be at  Rostelecom,especially russian skaters (I have my doubts Russian Fed officials can relate to the pain of Yuzuru Hanyu fans:)): Medvedeva,Radionova,Misha Ge( is he rеtirеd?).

 

(Why is the word "r.etire.d" bleeped?)

 

 

That's a good idea.  I think anything is worth trying!

On 2017/6/9 at AM4点35分, Lunna said:

For me it's like: the closer to the ice - the better))) If close to the KnC - that's even better.

It's quite a tough choice. Normally the long side will be better but obviously long side will be far from K&C. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.