Since Yuzuru's first GP event will be the Rostelecom Cup in Moscow, Russia, between 20-22 October 2017, and that many fans are planning to go there to support Yuzuru, I thought it would be good to have a separate thread where we can discuss any informations about the event, like how to get tickets, how to get around in Moscow, tips for accommodation etc. :smile:

:embSwan:

I've heard getting good seats for CoR is usually a pain in the butt.... plus expensive..... Insights, anyone?

I was preparing for Skate Canada but would love to visit Russia! Congrats to all Russian fans who have been waiting for Yuzu forever:embSwan:

Is it hard to obtain a visa? Accommodation pricing looks reasonable for me which is SUPER important! Is the arena still going to be MegaSports?  

Might not be very appropriate but I have all event tickets for Skate Canada with good seating, please let me know if anyone is interested.

^ You need an invitation from someone in Russia to get a visa. I had someone do it for me so there was no problem but its something that'll probably cost you extra. 

17 minutes ago, ShiroKJ said:

^ You need an invitation from someone in Russia to get a visa. I had someone do it for me so there was no problem but its something that'll probably cost you extra. 

The hotel I booked sent me an email regarding the invitation issue that it will cost around $20 to get a visa support. Do we need to go for a visa interview in person?

5 minutes ago, Elaine said:

The hotel I booked sent me an email regarding the invitation issue that it will cost around $20 to get a visa support. Do we need to go for a visa interview in person?

Yeah, they called me in for one. This was a few years back so I'm not sure if they've changed their regulations or if it differs depending on your nationalitiy. 

28 minutes ago, ShiroKJ said:

Yeah, they called me in for one. This was a few years back so I'm not sure if they've changed their regulations or if it differs depending on your nationalitiy. 

Just checked visa application page for my country; looks like we do need to make an appointment for submitting documents:yznotimpressed:

I'd love to go to Rostelecom Cup, but I am not sure if I can make it if they usually start selling the tickets only one month before the competition. Applying for the visa takes time and the flight should also be be booked in time, otherwise the ticket would cost a fortune.

Unless I'll apply for visa before I buy the tickets for the competition...but I am not sure if it's a good idea.

It'd be fantastic to see and support Yuzuru on his first GP event, so I try to do my best to make it happen :smiley-love017:

5 часов назад , Pamigena said:

I've heard getting good seats for CoR is usually a pain in the butt.... plus expensive..... Insights, anyone?

I can't say it's that much expensive especially comparing to WC or GPF, a pain it maybe (too much seats for VIPs and other guests in my opinion). I'm usually sitting at the short side of the rink - near KnC, the arena itself is nice.

5 часов назад , Elaine said:

Congrats to all Russian fans who have been waiting for Yuzu forever

Thank you! Waiting since 2011, went to other countries already, but yay! Today it was the best news in a long time! :BeatingHeart: I was literally jumping in the middle of the street when saw the news in my phone))

1 часа назад , sallycinnamon said:

I'd love to go to Rostelecom Cup, but I am not sure if I can make it if they usually start selling the tickets only one month before the competition.

Last year it was 2 months before, but yeah, not early.

Anyway, if you have any questions I'll try to help (in terms of transport, view at the arena, etc.). It's just that Moscow is a big city and not that I know every corner even if live here)))

A question - is it hard to get a ticket and around how much do they cost? (A FS competitions viewer newbie asking ~)