Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rostelecom Cup 2017 in Moscow, Russia

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, supphear said:

hi Fay, 

Thank you a lot for answering our questions about possible trip to Moscow. I really appreciate your help.

I also plan my trip to Moscow for COR but my condition is a little bit complex. I may have a biz trip in Cologne, Germany so I will probably fly to Moscow from Germany. The airport I will land will be Vnukovo International Airport and according to the website the Aeroexpress train whose terminus is only Kievsky Rail Terminal.

Will the train has another stop to Belorussky Rail Terminal or the route of Aeroexpress train is only "Vnukovo airport - Kievsky Rail Terminal" and "Sheremetyevo airport - Belorussky Rail Terminal"? There is no othe option.

Not Fay but would dare to answer.

There are three different airports in Moscow, and Aeroexpress connects each of them with different rail terminal (whichever is closer to corresponding airport). So Aeroexpress from Vnukovo goes straight to Kiyevsky rail terminal.

 

Being non-Moscow resident going every year to CoR I find ”Yandex.Metro" app very useful.

It exists for both Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.yandex.metro&hl=en and iOS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yandex-metro/id392589075?mt=8 

Really easy to find the best route (in case of going from Kiyevskaya to Dinamo you'll have to change line at Belorusskaya).

Different lines in subway are color-coded.

OK. Any of the three Aeroexpresses don't make any other stops between the airports and the railway terminals they get to - so you get to any of the three terminals: DME - to Paveletsky, VKO - to Kievsky, SVO to Belorussky. The good news is that all three terminals are on the ring line, so from there you can get anywhere you like. If your hotel is in the vicinity of Dinamo, then your route is:

a. VKO - Aeroexpress - Kievskaya (ring line) - Belorusskaya (change to the green line) - Dinamo

b. DME - Aeroxpress - Paveletskaya (green line) - Dinamo

c. SVO - Aeroexpress - Belorusskaya (green line) - Dinamo.

Moscow subway is efficient and fast. You can also get a taxi, but you risk getting stuck in traffic jams which can be really dreadful here. Half the existing roads are under reconstruction. If possible, stick to the underground.

 

28 minutes ago, Dara said:

Not Fay but would dare to answer.

There are three different airports in Moscow, and Aeroexpress connects each of them with different rail terminal (whichever is closer to corresponding airport). So Aeroexpress from Vnukovo goes straight to Kiyevsky rail terminal.

 

Being non-Moscow resident going every year to CoR I find ”Yandex.Metro" app very useful.

It exists for both Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.yandex.metro&hl=en and iOS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yandex-metro/id392589075?mt=8 

Really easy to find the best route (in case of going from Kiyevskaya to Dinamo you'll have to change line at Belorusskaya).

Different lines in subway are color-coded.

Dara,

It's really nice for your answer. Highly appreciated:devilYuzuf:

Well, it would be better to get to city centre only by taxi, at least I can take railway. I think eventually I can find a way to get to one of my reserved hotels. (Yes I booked at least 4 hotels in case any change for the arena.:sign0007:)

Now, hotels, check; visa, not a problem(Chinese is easy to get Russian VISA); the only thing need to worry about is the tickets!  It's quite a shock that NO OP can see during COR, what a tradegy ε(┬┬_┬┬)3

But my trip to Moscow is supposed on 16th-22nd Oct. So what shall I do then? Visiting Moscow looks is the best option even though my plan for Russia is definitely not like this. :facepalm:

Why they don't let us watch OP??? Learning from WC and SC, please!!!! If you plan to sell tickets of them we will pay!

26 minutes ago, Fay said:

OK. Any of the three Aeroexpresses don't make any other stops between the airports and the railway terminals they get to - so you get to any of the three terminals: DME - to Paveletsky, VKO - to Kievsky, SVO to Belorussky. The good news is that all three terminals are on the ring line, so from there you can get anywhere you like. If your hotel is in the vicinity of Dinamo, then your route is:

a. VKO - Aeroexpress - Kievskaya (ring line) - Belorusskaya (change to the green line) - Dinamo

b. DME - Aeroxpress - Paveletskaya (green line) - Dinamo

c. SVO - Aeroexpress - Belorusskaya (green line) - Dinamo.

Moscow subway is efficient and fast. You can also get a taxi, but you risk getting stuck in traffic jams which can be really dreadful here. Half the existing roads are under reconstruction. If possible, stick to the underground.

 

Yes I saw workers hard working on the stree via Google street view. Looks like half the city becoming a big construction field, ○| ̄|_

Actually I pre-booked several hotels in case any alternation of the sport arena. So with your detailed explanation, I will find my way to the hotel eventually.

The only thing left to be nervous is competition tickets...... The only hope is the website being friendly to foreigners and I can buy the seat I expecting.

Thank you very much for answering my questions.

Hey, guys, I've been keeping track of this tread since the beginning and to be honest, I'm still struggling with the idea of going to Russia. But the talks here are getting me hopeful. I've only been to the events in Shanghai, so I absolutely have no idea about stuff such as tickets, accommodations and transportation, basically everything.=( Does anyone have any idea about the schedule of the events? I mean daily wise. Cuz I'm worried that the last discipline of each day or the ceremony will end pretty late that there will be no metro or other public transportation to get back. 

5 minutes ago, Mikachu said:

Hey, guys, I've been keeping track of this tread since the beginning and to be honest, I'm still struggling with the idea of going to Russia. But the talks here are getting me hopeful. I've only been to the events in Shanghai, so I absolutely have no idea about stuff such as tickets, accommodations and transportation, basically everything.=( Does anyone have any idea about the schedule of the events? I mean daily wise. Cuz I'm worried that the last discipline of each day or the ceremony will end pretty late that there will be no metro or other public transportation to get back. 

The public transport works until 1 in the morning. You really don't have to worry about that. :)

And we're always here to help! We'll instruct on every detail, don't worry. Like how to buy metro tickets etc...

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

The public transport works until 1 in the morning. You really don't have to worry about that. :)

And we're always here to help! We'll instruct on every detail, don't worry. Like how to buy metro tickets etc...

Wow, 1 am?! then one less worry. =) What about the security around the city? Since 99% i will be travelling alone...and I'm thinking about visiting Moscow and maybe even some other places in Russia. Is it safe for girls travelling alone? Or is there anything that I should mind? Any tips on that matter?

I found a schedule of COR 2013. Not sure whether it worth reference..... Only FYI.

 

Event Schedule: Moscow Rostelecom Grand Prix

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

All day  Arrival of Teams

Thursday, November 21, 2013

All day  Official Practice

16:00  Team Leaders Meeting

17:00  Referees and Technical Controllers Meeting

18:00  Judges Meeting

20:00  Opening Ceremony

Sunday, November 24, 2013

08:00  LADIES – Judges Round Table Discussion

09:00  PAIRS – Judges Round Table Discussion

10:00  MEN – Judges Round Table Discussion

11:00  ICE DANCE – Judges Round Table Discussion

14:00  Victory Ceremonies (all categories)

14:50  GALA EXHIBITION

19:00  Closing Banquet

 

Moscow's Rostelecom Cup will take place at the

Small Sports Arena of Olympic Complex “Luzhniki”

Luzhniki st. 24, bld.3,

 

Official Hotel for the Rostelecom Cup:AEROSTAR Hotel

125993 Leningradsky pr. 37,9 Moscow

+7 (495) 988-31-31/32

1 hour ago, supphear said:

I found a schedule of COR 2013. Not sure whether it worth reference..... Only FYI.

 

Event Schedule: Moscow Rostelecom Grand Prix

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

All day  Arrival of Teams

Thursday, November 21, 2013

All day  Official Practice

16:00  Team Leaders Meeting

17:00  Referees and Technical Controllers Meeting

18:00  Judges Meeting

20:00  Opening Ceremony

Sunday, November 24, 2013

08:00  LADIES – Judges Round Table Discussion

09:00  PAIRS – Judges Round Table Discussion

10:00  MEN – Judges Round Table Discussion

11:00  ICE DANCE – Judges Round Table Discussion

14:00  Victory Ceremonies (all categories)

14:50  GALA EXHIBITION

19:00  Closing Banquet

 

Moscow's Rostelecom Cup will take place at the

Small Sports Arena of Olympic Complex “Luzhniki”

Luzhniki st. 24, bld.3,

 

Official Hotel for the Rostelecom Cup:AEROSTAR Hotel

125993 Leningradsky pr. 37,9 Moscow

+7 (495) 988-31-31/32

ok, I notice that's another arena other than the megasports... so it isn't decided/announced yet where COR 2017 will be held, right? 

2 minutes ago, Mikachu said:

ok, I notice that's another arena other than the megasports... so it isn't decided/announced yet where COR 2017 will be held, right? 

Yeap, nothing being announced yet. Have to wait.....

  • Author
16 hours ago, Lunna said:

Well, we all hope to get tickets somehow))) But resellers can use even double price.

 

About safety. I dunno, I live near the center and near metro station so it's OK for me. From the arena to the metro there will go a lot of people after competition in the evening. In the center there're also a lot of people in the evening especially on weekend. I think it's just better to have a hotel in the short walking distance from the metro station cuz the end of competition is rather late.

For those who are travelling alone (and those who not) maybe we can organize some meet up)) I also know nice and cheap japanese restaurant (they have udon and rice with pork/vegetables/chicken) in case smb. is interested)))

 

I wouldn't mind if the resellers ask double the price, since the original price is not too expensive either.

 

About the safety - it's just because I'd travel alone and I have to make sure to book a hotel in a safe area of the city (yes, and not far away from a metro station). But it's too early to think about it now. First I have to make sure I get tickets, then I can apply for a visa.

well, I travel alone regularly at night and I'm a girl. I don't think you'd need to feel threatened - well, as long as you use common sense. Russia's not as horrible as politicians would have people believe. That said, avoid going to Chechnya. :smile:

  • Author
2 hours ago, Fay said:

well, I travel alone regularly at night and I'm a girl. I don't think you'd need to feel threatened - well, as long as you use common sense. Russia's not as horrible as politicians would have people believe. That said, avoid going to Chechnya. :smile:

 

Yes, but it is still a bit different if you don't know the language at all and and you don't know the city either. :) Moscow is huge and I heard there are many districts which aren't really safe. There are places in my hometown too which I would never recommend to any foreigners, not even during the day.

 

And I have nothing against Russia or its politicians - on the contrary. I like your country a lot. :smile:

Just now, sallycinnamon said:

 

Yes, but it is still a bit different if you don't know the language at all and and you don't know the city either. :) Moscow is huge and I heard there are many districts which aren't really safe. There are places in my hometown too which I would never recommend to any foreigners, not even during the day.

 

And I have nothing against Russia or its politicians - on the contrary. I like your country a lot. :smile:

 

No, I would say there aren't so many disreputable districts here. Well, of course, things can happen - but they happen everywhere. But there aren't any places I wouldn't recommend to anyone. We have some social inequality between different parts of Moscow, but it's not huge, it's not as if we have ghettos.  :smile:

Moscow is pretty safe unless you guys want to have a political demonstration. Our powers that be are suspicious of that. :biggrin:

 

10 hours ago, raebia said:

 

Thank you!!:thankyou:

I just changed to ibis Moscow Dynamo!:smile:

 

I also reserved ibis for my friends:laughing:Now its fully booked. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.