Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rostelecom Cup 2017 in Moscow, Russia

Featured Replies

10 часов назад , Mikachu said:

Hey, guys, I've been keeping track of this tread since the beginning and to be honest, I'm still struggling with the idea of going to Russia. But the talks here are getting me hopeful. I've only been to the events in Shanghai, so I absolutely have no idea about stuff such as tickets, accommodations and transportation, basically everything.=( Does anyone have any idea about the schedule of the events? I mean daily wise. Cuz I'm worried that the last discipline of each day or the ceremony will end pretty late that there will be no metro or other public transportation to get back. 

Ususally it's like this::

Friday - all SP + opening ceremony

Saturday - all FS

Sunday - Gala + medal ceremony

The events end late (around 21:00-22:00) but you'll have no problem to get on the metro.

7 часов назад , Mikachu said:

ok, I notice that's another arena other than the megasports... so it isn't decided/announced yet where COR 2017 will be held, right? 

Until last year Megasport was under reconstruction, but 99,99% it will be Megasport this year.

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

21.00-22.00 isn't even considered late in Moscow. I often finish work then. LOL

Yeah, and even a lot of shops works till then or even 24 hours ))

3 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Yeah, and even a lot of shops works till then or even 24 hours ))

yep, this is one city that never sleeps. I know I can go to the supermarket at any time of day or night. :)

Off topic so feel free to ban me- been there before- but I love reading about what it's really like to try and go to a show in Russia or Finland or Japan or wherever.  You day dream about going but the practicalities differ so much even within Europe- I admire those of you who do it.  

You guys are getting my hopes higher and higher!! Now I'm just hoping that I could really get the tickets. And about tickets, do the official ticket sellers have websites in English? I checked the megasport site, it was only in Russian, which was a nightmare for me, couldn't understand anything at all. ╮(╯▽╰)╭ If it's the same story with the ticket seller, I think I'll need to find some decent online translator for that.

44 minutes ago, Mikachu said:

You guys are getting my hopes higher and higher!! Now I'm just hoping that I could really get the tickets. And about tickets, do the official ticket sellers have websites in English? I checked the megasport site, it was only in Russian, which was a nightmare for me, couldn't understand anything at all. ╮(╯▽╰)╭ If it's the same story with the ticket seller, I think I'll need to find some decent online translator for that.

 

The ticket selling website parter.ru, which sold Rostelecom 2016 tickets, has a button on the top right to change to English language.

7 hours ago, Elaine said:

 

I also reserved ibis for my friends:laughing:Now its fully booked. 

 

What a coincidence! I booked that hotel as my 5th backup, too! :xD:

Hahaha you guys, I am not even sure yet I can go to COR, but I went ahead and booked a hotel anyway.

You all are great at encouraging people :jumping0042:

ibis is fully booked on the Friday already though. I will need to look at other options for the first (few) nights.

(That is, if I really decide to go lol... Never been to Russia before.)

Regard to the OP of COR, I have a kind of day-dreaming thought. How about we wrote to the COR to point out that how eager we are desiring to see OP?

Considering the potential GDP growth point that may be led by the OP ( hotel, catering, shopping, etc...), maybe we can persuade them issue OP tickets even like SC or WC packaged with all other competitions sold by sets.

Actually I would like to watch OP a little bit more. I may see him for one hour each day during OP of COR but only 2.30/4.30 min when competing with others.....or in GALA exhibition.

 

Here is email address of Russian Skating Union: [email protected]

I copied from weibo.com @柚子飴 who post this info.

8 minutes ago, supphear said:

Regard to the OP of COR, I have a kind of day-dreaming thought. How about we wrote to the COR to point out that how eager we are desiring to see OP?

Considering the potential GDP growth point that may be led by the OP ( hotel, catering, shopping, etc...), maybe we can persuade them issue OP tickets even like SC or WC packaged with all other competitions sold by sets.

Actually I would like to watch OP a little bit more. I may see him for one hour each day during OP of COR but only 2.30/4.30 min when competing with others.....or in GALA exhibition.

 

Here is email address of Russian Skating Union: [email protected]

I copied from weibo.com @柚子飴 who post this info.

 

How about a petition?  Something like:

 

We would like to encourage the Rostelecom organizers to have open practices.  Fans have been able to attend practices at World Championships, Four Continents, the Grand Prix Finals, Skate Canada and many other competitions.  Many fans consider going to practices a favorite part of the competition experience.  Many fans are more willing to travel long distances to go to competitions if open practices are included.  It is beneficial for local hotels and businesses when fans arrive a few days early in order to attend practices.  Competition organizers can also charge extra for practice tickets, adding to their income.  For all these reasons, please consider becoming one of the competitions that offers fans a complete competition experience - including practices.

For purchasing tickets, is it similar to Japan where tickets get sold out in minutes?

Will I need to extensively practice my clicking skills beforehand? 

 

1 minute ago, Upnights said:

 

How about a petition?  Something like:

 

We would like to encourage the Rostelecom organizers to have open practices.  Fans have been able to attend practices at World Championships, Four Continents, the Grand Prix Finals, Skate Canada and many other competitions.  Many fans consider going to practices a favorite part of the competition experience.  Many fans are more willing to travel long distances to go to competitions if open practices are included.  It is beneficial for local hotels and businesses when fans arrive a few days early in order to attend practices.  Competition organizers can also charge extra for practice tickets, adding to their income.  For all these reasons, please consider becoming one of the competitions that offers fans a complete competition experience - including practices.

Fantastic!! My English skill just stuck in daily communication not like writing an "emotional" petition.

If there are enough fans write to them maybe this year.......  OMG I can't stop imaging that  :embSwan:

I think at least we have nothing to loose, don't we? The worst situation is non-OP like now.

6 minutes ago, Upnights said:

 

How about a petition?  Something like:

 

We would like to encourage the Rostelecom organizers to have open practices.  Fans have been able to attend practices at World Championships, Four Continents, the Grand Prix Finals, Skate Canada and many other competitions.  Many fans consider going to practices a favorite part of the competition experience.  Many fans are more willing to travel long distances to go to competitions if open practices are included.  It is beneficial for local hotels and businesses when fans arrive a few days early in order to attend practices.  Competition organizers can also charge extra for practice tickets, adding to their income.  For all these reasons, please consider becoming one of the competitions that offers fans a complete competition experience - including practices.

Can I post your petition in weibo.com? I believe more fans write to them more chance we will earn.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.