Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rostelecom Cup 2017 in Moscow, Russia

Featured Replies

The petition idea sounds great! even though I'm not having any expectations. But I would definitely participate.

 

16 minutes ago, Upnights said:

 

How about a petition?  Something like:

 

We would like to encourage the Rostelecom organizers to have open practices.  Fans have been able to attend practices at World Championships, Four Continents, the Grand Prix Finals, Skate Canada and many other competitions.  Many fans consider going to practices a favorite part of the competition experience.  Many fans are more willing to travel long distances to go to competitions if open practices are included.  It is beneficial for local hotels and businesses when fans arrive a few days early in order to attend practices.  Competition organizers can also charge extra for practice tickets, adding to their income.  For all these reasons, please consider becoming one of the competitions that offers fans a complete competition experience - including practices.

 

other than what Upnights just wrote, will it be better to include maybe like our locations to show that fans all around the world want to make it happen? The diversity and the possibility of income that will bring. And maybe put them into Russian as well just to be more sincere? 

2 hours ago, supphear said:

Can I post your petition in weibo.com? I believe more fans write to them more chance we will earn.

 

Yes, please do! 

 

What I wrote is just a draft, whatever people want to add or change would be fine.  If we could get it in several languages, including Russian, that would be helpful.

3 hours ago, katonice said:

For purchasing tickets, is it similar to Japan where tickets get sold out in minutes?

Will I need to extensively practice my clicking skills beforehand? 

 

 

It has never been so bad before, but we haven't had Yuzu in Moscow since 2011. Now everyone everywhere is so excited he's coming.

3 hours ago, Mikachu said:

The petition idea sounds great! even though I'm not having any expectations. But I would definitely participate.

 

 

other than what Upnights just wrote, will it be better to include maybe like our locations to show that fans all around the world want to make it happen? The diversity and the possibility of income that will bring. And maybe put them into Russian as well just to be more sincere? 

 

I'd add one & maybe two more points.

 

1.  Watching practices gives fans a greater appreciation of the skaters' efforts.

 

2.  I've never heard or read skaters' address this, so I don't know how any of them think about open practices, but it would seem to me that it's good for them to have practice in front of an audience before a competition.  I wonder also if Yuzuru would have done the amazing jumping passes he did in the gala practice in Marseille if there hadn't been an audience, which leads me to think he might enjoy open practices. 

 

3 hours ago, Mikachu said:

The petition idea sounds great! even though I'm not having any expectations. But I would definitely participate.

 

 

other than what Upnights just wrote, will it be better to include maybe like our locations to show that fans all around the world want to make it happen? The diversity and the possibility of income that will bring. And maybe put them into Russian as well just to be more sincere? 

 

As a Chinese my English can deal with daily communication, but as for the petition....I am not that good.

But I agree with you, referring that fans will come to Moscow all around the world may be helpful to persuade them. Much less the consumer demand coming with us. Even there are only a few days it can't be ignored. I fully trust myself. :laughing:

1 hour ago, Upnights said:

 

Yes, please do! 

 

What I wrote is just a draft, whatever people want to add or change would be fine.  If we could get it in several languages, including Russian, that would be helpful.

 

For now I think only English and Russian will be useful......

Just a random thought to share... should we maybe put ourselves in organizers's shoes once to go through this petition 'thing'? I'm not saying that COR would definitely discuss within opening the practice, but if there is indeed a possibility that the organizers might be considering it...they must be thinking about the pros and cons. So far we've come up with quite a few pros, but what about the setbacks/obstacles? If we could offer them the solutions at the same time, will it be easier for them to make the decision in favor of us?

 

At the moment, I could think of things like...security, staff and administrative aspects on the day of practice... hopefully the events are always equipped with enough security and staff since day 1.

Another which I think is pretty crucial, is what it means to the athletes. Will opening the practice to the public affect them? And is it good for them or bad for them? If it's positive, that'll be great, but if it's negative or not so positive, could it be controllable to certain degree that is acceptable?

Since I've never been to a practice before, I have no idea what it is like. So this is simply how i imagine...

23 minutes ago, Mikachu said:

Just a random thought to share... should we maybe put ourselves in organizers's shoes once to go through this petition 'thing'? I'm not saying that COR would definitely discuss within opening the practice, but if there is indeed a possibility that the organizers might be considering it...they must be thinking about the pros and cons. So far we've come up with quite a few pros, but what about the setbacks/obstacles? If we could offer them the solutions at the same time, will it be easier for them to make the decision in favor of us?

 

At the moment, I could think of things like...security, staff and administrative aspects on the day of practice... hopefully the events are always equipped with enough security and staff since day 1.

Another which I think is pretty crucial, is what it means to the athletes. Will opening the practice to the public affect them? And is it good for them or bad for them? If it's positive, that'll be great, but if it's negative or not so positive, could it be controllable to certain degree that is acceptable?

Since I've never been to a practice before, I have no idea what it is like. So this is simply how i imagine...

Thinking about SC and WC, if the athletes are this fragile/weak, their competition can also be private, then only 9 persons will be present, nothing need to worry about, isn't it? Why sold tickets to the public? Why have GALA exhibition?

 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

 

It has never been so bad before, but we haven't had Yuzu in Moscow since 2011. Now everyone everywhere is so excited he's coming.

It would be great if they could provide the option for all-event tickets as well. But from what I've read so far of GP events, they usually don't. Would make it easier to buy tickets though in case it does become a click war.

12 minutes ago, Elaine said:

I believe there will be tickets left since Mega is quite big for a GP event; the real question is how to  get good seats:Poohgaveup:

Yeah exactly - If I actually get there I want to see more than a fly in the sea of white xP

Hi All,

I discuss with some guys, her suggestion is:

1. shorten the letters, the committee won't be patient enough to see your email.

2. Don't mention other emotional parts, actually they won't care about your feeling, even the athletes'.

3. State our point straightly----WE WANT TO SEE OPEN PRACTICES! IT CAN MAKE YOU MONEY!!!

4. The benefits they will have. Here is some numbers:

1) The profit Moscow government will earn from the tourists who will arrive in advance to see the OP. They will bring huge incoming for hotels, catering service and local tourism.

2) The profit Russian Skating Union will earn. This year Yuzuru Hanyu will join COR.  

Taking 4CC as example. There were over 32000 tickets sold in 2017 4CC which held in Korea, and Hanyu joined this competition. But back to 2016, 4CC was held in Korea as well. There were only 6500 tickets sold, and Hanyu didn't join it. Both of them had open practices and allow audiences to watch it. Of course, OP was sold with formal tickets as a set.

3) Because when Hanyu joined competition in Japan, situation is like COR--NO open practices left to audience but they can watch OP in 4CC. There were more than 4000 people traveling from Japan watching Hanyu and his OP. And for China there were hundreds of people as well.

4) Think of how much COR may gain from audience who want to watch OP.

 

For now that's all I can think about. Any more points helpful please feel free to reply. Got to try our best for Hanyu's OP!!!

And here is my email. Quite simple, nothing emotional, straightly state my request and their benefits.....:facepalm:

 

WE WANT TO SEE OPEN PRACTICES! IT CAN MAKE YOU MONEY!!!

Here below is the benefits you will have.

1) The profit Moscow government will earn from the tourists who will arrive in advance to see the OP. They will bring huge incoming for hotels, catering service and local tourism.

2) The profit Russian Skating Union will earn. You will definitely sold as many tickets as you want with OP. This year Yuzuru Hanyu will join COR.  We are willing to buy tickets of OP to see him!  But if you cancel it, many fans will cancel their trip to Moscow cause lacking of OP.

 

Taking 4CC as example. There were over 32000 tickets sold in 2017 4CC which held in Korea, and Hanyu joined this competition. But back to 2016, 4CC was held in Korea as well. There were only 6500 tickets sold, Hanyu didn't join it. Both of them had open practices and allow audiences to watch it. Of course, OP was sold with formal tickets as a set.

 

3) Because when Hanyu joined competition in Japan, situation is like COR--NO open practices left to audience but they can watch OP in 4CC. There were more than 4000 people traveling from Japan watching Hanyu and his OP. And for China there were hundreds of people as well.

 

4) Think of how much COR may gain from audience who want to watch OP.

...don't have time tonight to write much or discuss on text, sorry!!, just wanted to say, I can translate into German, if needed and wished.

 

Many greetings, 

 

raebia

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.