What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the infamous ISU award show 2020?

Henni147

What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the infamous ISU award show 2020?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the infamous ISU award show 2020?

• Let's Go Crazy
    • Origin and/or Otonal
    • Any other old competitive program
    • Any other old EX gala or show program
    • Pudding of the Opera with wine and cheese
    • Another completely new program
    • Stroking exercises
    • Something else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/22/2020 at 09:00 PM

50 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I will give him a lifetime supply of koala puppets if he promises to skate to anything but NDP (he can wear the costume, though <3)

I actually can't really imagine him skating to NDP somehow, still voted for the 'former competition program' option because of the basilica xD (I don't really like the costume though, the big cross ruins it for me.....I only like the colours). I wouldn't be surprised if he skated to something else though. 

42 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm done guessing lol I never hit it ... He can do whatever his hearth desire! 

I'm still wondering why he never did LGC as Ex ... I mean, he used almost all his competitive programs in Galas or shows ... never LGC ... and I was so expecting him to do it... I kinda gave up. lol

Legal reasons possibly? Prince was known for being strict with using his music and he had many copyright issues. 

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm done guessing lol I never hit it ... He can do whatever his hearth desire! 

I'm still wondering why he never did LGC as Ex ... I mean, he used almost all his competitive programs in Galas or shows ... never LGC ... and I was so expecting him to do it... I kinda gave up. lol

He used it as an encore at FaOI 2017

4 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

Is it a bad idea for Yuzu to take another skater's program for his exhibition, not as a tribute but just like a big fat flex. What could be the consequences in doing so? Is it unethical or distasteful?

Well, I don't think it's any of those things, but realistically speaking, that would mean him having to learn another skater's program on top of his own.

31 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, I don't think it's any of those things, but realistically speaking, that would mean him having to learn another skater's program on top of his own.

From what I've seen this season so far, Yuzu seems to know all 124675564297532 choreos by heart. Men, ladies, pairs, dance... senior, junior...

Honestly speaking... I wouldn't do it (except Gabi begs Yuzu to perform Fame) :xD:

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

He used it as an encore at FaOI 2017

Who knows what was in the contract, maybe he could only use it in 2016/2017 season. 

3 hours ago, mokjakarma said:

Is it a bad idea for Yuzu to take another skater's program for his exhibition, not as a tribute but just like a big fat flex. What could be the consequences in doing so? Is it unethical or distasteful?

I haven't seen anyone doing it in figure skating, it could overshadow or even make fun of the skater who originally skates to the program.

....so, pray tell me, how does this awards show thingy work again???

I chose LGC just out of wishful thinking really, not out of any prediction attempt or anything to such effect :þ. Sure the copyright claim feels worrisome but so far Kevin Aymoz's SP is still up on ISU's channel, no? So now I personally am not too worried about the video of Yuzu's (hypothetical) LGC EX being taken down due to copystriking (if it is a fan upload one can just unlist the video or anything, make it shareable only through linking in other social media sites...)

I really don't think so. (Except these few steps of Moonwalk last gala.)

Why not Sing Sing Sing? ;-)

To be honest, I should like him to do Nathan Chen's program to show how easy it would be to him to do just crossover and minimalist elements. But of course, he would never do so. It would be unfeeling for Nathan Chen himself. But a good lesson to judges and a few others.

I would also like something new with other skaters (preferably, not invited to skate to this "award ceremony" but who can guess who will be?)