General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Pammi said:

Yuzu quoting "what if this world becomes a lie" made me cry  :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw : His world became a lie, but he refused to get along with the lie and stuck to his beliefs and ideals, worked hard, strived for excellence, supported and encouraged others, including people struggling after trauma, and again the words of the FCCJ President resonate “you are showing us a truth”.

I just savored his superb FTT  :girlsigh: :animated-smileys-character-075: :softyuzu: and he still had a lot of strength of character to have overcome this "lie" that he felt so well  :weeping: and here he is all smiles despite everything and he gives us so much happiness  :grouphug: and :agree: with the ending sentence 

55 minutes ago, EisElle said:

Only thing I'd ask YT producer Yuzu: plz also get someone to film you at boards level, I also want the kind of camerangle we got for 24hTV Rondo:snonegai:

I concur. Although I think hiring a cameraman would make the videos more expensive and less personal. I like the fact that he shares something he does on his own from A to Z. It's like he's sending private messages to his fans. In the process, he displays new skills, great creativity and innovation. On the other hand, I must admit that I couldn't fully connect with this particular performance on the level I would expect from FTT (FTT!!! Yes, I have cosmic expectations from his FTT :heart::heart::heart:), even though it is one of my favorite programs and that it has been SO BEAUTIFULLY executed here. FTT is pure magic and this performance is sublime, so smooth and flowy, perfectly into the music, and his layback spin... :love: And yet I still feel a little detached. Maybe it's because of the lack of close-ups, but also due to the perspective: he appears mainly in the upper half of the screen, often far away, and sometimes blends with the background containing a lot of detail, which I find a bit distracting. Film as a genre has its own language when it comes to creating an atmosphere of intimacy or, on the contrary, a sense of distance, and with these shots I can't help but feel a little distanced. (I also regret that with this angle the shape of the mark left on the ice is often invisible, as in 3:16. Yes, I watched the video many, many times :xD:). But there is always something for something, this way I get unusual, unexpected shots and something that comes directly from him (and a legal recording of one of his gems that won't disappear unexpectedly from the web). I really like how he experiments with editing. All his films look like A LOT of work, and he's doing it just to please us :2lbkos0: That's amazing.

It occured to me that I need to think of a strategy against nervousness for three weeks from today. Whether I'm watching live or depending on tweets, how am I going to calm down half an hour before the show starts while the master himself is taking a nap backstage? Assuming that's not the case - how on earth will he deal with the nervousness? Well, it's not the first time he's gone on stage, but seriously, it's not like he can take a sedative.

15 minutes ago, DancingFeather said:

It occured to me that I need to think of a strategy against nervousness for three weeks from today. Whether I'm watching live or depending on tweets, how am I going to calm down half an hour before the show starts while the master himself is taking a nap backstage? Assuming that's not the case - how on earth will he deal with the nervousness? Well, it's not the first time he's gone on stage, but seriously, it's not like he can take a sedative.

The sheer size of this is mindboggling, and every new announcement boggles even more... and then you look at this small, slim figure right in the centre of it.

2 hours ago, DancingFeather said:

I feel you, as someone who was so nervous before competitions (barely slept during the olys) and prologue lmao, I can only imagine how I'll be watching GIFT:embSwan:but I guess that's part of the excitement, I'm used to being anxious when I watch his performances live for the first time, I can barely process what yuzu does, I'll only really enjoy the show later when I rewatch it a billion times. One thing I tell myself is that while I worry about my poor self, there's no need to worry about yuzu, he's a master at this game and he always delivers:loveshower:

5 hours ago, nekodearu said:

I concur. Although I think hiring a cameraman would make the videos more expensive and less personal. I like the fact that he shares something he does on his own from A to Z. It's like he's sending private messages to his fans. In the process, he displays new skills, great creativity and innovation. On the other hand, I must admit that I couldn't fully connect with this particular performance on the level I would expect from FTT (FTT!!! Yes, I have cosmic expectations from his FTT :heart::heart::heart:), even though it is one of my favorite programs and that it has been SO BEAUTIFULLY executed here. FTT is pure magic and this performance is sublime, so smooth and flowy, perfectly into the music, and his layback spin... :love: And yet I still feel a little detached. Maybe it's because of the lack of close-ups, but also due to the perspective: he appears mainly in the upper half of the screen, often far away, and sometimes blends with the background containing a lot of detail, which I find a bit distracting. Film as a genre has its own language when it comes to creating an atmosphere of intimacy or, on the contrary, a sense of distance, and with these shots I can't help but feel a little distanced. (I also regret that with this angle the shape of the mark left on the ice is often invisible, as in 3:16. Yes, I watched the video many, many times :xD:). But there is always something for something, this way I get unusual, unexpected shots and something that comes directly from him (and a legal recording of one of his gems that won't disappear unexpectedly from the web). I really like how he experiments with editing. All his films look like A LOT of work, and he's doing it just to please us :2lbkos0: That's amazing.

I agree with you! But thinking how much work he puts into the editing, I don't know how to bring it up under his YouTube channel. All I comment was how much I love this program. The music sounds pristine clean, which means it's the original music in a separate soundtrack, then at various timepoints, he puts in the blade sound, which must be extracted from each camera and cleaned it up to remove the music background, and each has to be aligned perfectly with the video. He mentioned it took 30 hours to edit サザンカ and this one doesn't look like any easier. Consider how busy he has been to prepare 2 ice shows at the same time, and he did this just as Gift for us :11135030: but if nobody dares to give him constructive opinions...I really wish we could see the Final Time Traveler at the regular camera angle:YuzuPoohSad:

5 hours ago, DancingFeather said:

Yuzu thrives on being the centre of attention. That is why he chose figure skating as his sport because, as he said even as a baby Yuzu, in what other sport could he perform and be the sole focus of attention for thousands of spectators. The more people that watch him, the better he performs. Imagine how he is going to perform in front of a live audience of up to 55,000 people and livestream audiences of hundreds of thousands. This is the beginning of what he has worked for all his life – to showcase himself, alone, before an adoring audience of hundreds of thousands live and ultimately millions without the specter of false judgment. Yuzu not only has brains and immeasurable talent, he has courage and vision. GIFT is going to be – already is – an unprecedented success. (It would be an even bigger success if made available to viewing worldwide.)