General Yuzuru Chat

Has this been already posted?

"Another Stories - Turning Point of Destiny - Yuzuru Hanyu's Back-to-Back Olympic Victories - Medalists Talk about the Legend of the "Greatest"  

on NHK, 15th January 23:45 - (for 44 min.)

Re-edition of the program broadcasted in 2019 with some addition of unreleased parts. 

Interviews by Dick Button, Evgeni Plushenko, and Javier Fernandez, etc.  

https://www.nhk.jp/p/anotherstories/ts/VWRZ1WWNYP/episode/te/6L1YXQRVPP/

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
18 時間前, Pammiさんが言いました:

Just read Kohei Uchimura has decided to retire - what a great athlete! If he needs a job I have an idea for him!! 

(I have linked the Yahoo Japan article in the Other Sports thread)

Yeah, I was so shocked. I have seen him from younger age.

He will have press conference later.

What do you think is his next job?:grin:

7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

the US commentators would never. they are just doing their job. they have no skin in the game other than being paid.

The US commentators are reading from a script prepared by USFS promoting NC as the greatest frigging figure skater in the world and the favorite for gold at Beijing. They believe that if they keep repeating fake news and the big lie constantly, people will be brainwashed.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

HAHAHA oh my god he is way braver than I am LOL

I have the feeling that lately, Max has become even more outspoken about his support for Yuzu. I guess he's just had enough of all the unfairness against Yuzu and this ridiculous media hype surrounding Nate. Go, Max! :cheer:

reading so many news about skaters having to withdraw from competitions due to covid is heartbreaking..imagine all the hardwork you did leading to the event only to have to withdraw on the day of. Its not even a choice. If you're injured you could still try to compete but if you have covid you cant even choose. :( Yuzu (and other skaters) please keep yourself safe 

27 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I have the feeling that lately, Max has become even more outspoken about his support for Yuzu. I guess he's just had enough of all the unfairness against Yuzu and this ridiculous media hype surrounding Nate. Go, Max! :cheer:

i loved it whenever he responded to hersh on twitter

4 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Oh I know - but how enjoyable would it be to watch him take some of them to pieces?

Oh, there would be no contest on a technical debate regarding Yuzu's and Nathan's performances. Max would wipe the floor with them on an intelligent analysis of the performances, no question. The problem is that the US commentators would refuse to engage in such an intelligent technical analysis. They would turn a deaf ear to Max's thoughtful comments and shamelessly point to the scores awarded Yuzu at Japanese Nationals and the scores awarded Nathan at US Nationals. They would have the same mentality as the Americans who still firmly believe that Biden is not the lawfully elected President of the United States and that the election was stolen from Trump. They would just keep repeating the same old rhetoric, fake news and lies without engaging in any intelligent discourse. (This is just my opinion. My apologies to people I may have offended who believe that Trump actually won the election. I don't mean to start a political discussion here.)

This is another example of how everything on Yuzu's side is built on truth, integrity and honour. Yuzu is the model of truth, integrity, honour, humility and respect. Max only points out the obvious truth. He is the most knowledgeable and honest figure skating analyst and he is calling it as he sees it.

On the other hand, US Figure Skating, American commentators and media are the exact opposite. They don't care how their skaters win. The end justifies the means.

This would not be such a one-sided buildup to the Beijing Games if the judges at Japanese Nationals scored Yuzu fairly, awarding him the grades of execution he deserves. I am not talking about over scoring Yuzu. If the JSF scored Yuzu objectively and fairly, his short program and free skate scores would have outpaced Nathan's ridiculously inflated scores.

What US Figure Skating is doing with Nathan's scores is shameless. On the other hand, what the Japan Skating Federation is not doing to support Yuzu is shameful.