General Yuzuru Chat

I would like to think JNats provides the important opportunity for Yuzu to attempt 4A in a competition setting before heading to the Olympics next year. He has the intelligence and sensibility to ignore/detract from media talks and naysayers' comments while staying focus on his goals. Hence, I am quietly confident his experiences (regardless of the outcome) at JNats provides further invaluable input for his training towards a ratified 4A jump in a future competition. Praying for the best possible outcome for this hugely inspiring and beautiful being.:smiley-angelic001:.:smiley-angelic001:.:smiley-angelic001:.:smiley-angelic001:

Yuzu has been taking an academic approach to his 4A training. He studies it and the mechanics of jumps, then applies the theory to practice to improve results. That is why he needed to try it here now. He needs more data to refine his methods. There is a big difference between practising it in his own private space compared to a competition were the ice is different, there are many people around and the pressure is on a whole new level.  

I am more excited than worried this time. Regardless of the results of the free today, what matters most is that he is in a good space mentally and physically. He is getting better at managing his physical condition and taking care of himself. I was also very happy to hear him say that he is a better athlete now and still has a lot to give to the sport (paraphrasing). He is finally acknowledging what we all knew for a while and it means he is pushing back against all the negativity that is surrounding him.

For me, I want him to be satisfied with his efforts regardless of the results. That is more than enough.

Best of luck Yuzu, we are cheering for you  :smiley-happy105:

I love this picture poster by Nikkan Sports describing Yuzu's practice at JNats. 

On the left side, it lists Yuzu's 10 attempts at 4A:  10 tries, 1 2ft landing, 6 pops, 3 falls; then the following lines  - continuation of failures, "Never losing hope, never giving up".    

On the right side: "The dream of Quad Axel, today at 21:03 Free (Program), the Descent of the Angel (tenshi korin) - the one who excels in adversity (i.e. in the real competition)" 

On the bottom right, the poster shows the large kanji for "Hanyu" and separates them into a sentence that reads "The Wing 羽が will grow 生える"  (Hane-ga haeru).

Beautiful.  May the earth and heavenly spirits enter into his soul. 

Someone noticed that Yuzu is inspiring these sports journalists to become poets and artists. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
47 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

I love this picture poster by Nikkan Sports describing Yuzu's practice at JNats. 

On the left side, it lists Yuzu's 10 attempts at 4A:  10 tries, 1 2ft landing, 6 pops, 3 falls; then the following lines  - continuation of failures, "Never losing hope, never giving up".    

On the right side: "The dream of Quad Axel, today at 21:03 Free (Program), the Descent of the Angel (tenshi korin) - the one who excels in adversity (i.e. in the real competition)" 

On the bottom right, the poster shows the large kanji for "Hanyu" and separates them into a sentence that reads "The Wing 羽が will grow 生える"  (Hane-ga haeru).

Beautiful.  May the earth and heavenly spirits enter into his soul. 

Someone noticed that Yuzu is inspiring these sports journalists to become poets and artists. 

Beautiful:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

6 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

Yes i think the percentage of him landing it is very slim but imagine if his able to land one.What a major news it will be!I just hope that even if  he falls on the 4A he still be able to land other jumps cleanly and with the gap from the sp he still might be able to win.I just want to see him happy winning jnats again

I would bet money that if he fails 4A in the beginning he will skate clean. He is being really consistent! Vamos Yuzu! :strong:

Hey guys, I feel much relieved after reading several of your posts on the coming 4A tonight!!! Thank you all very much. Indeed, though the chance of 4A landing is little tonight, it definitely means something positive for Yuzu. Finger crossed for his safe practice and safe competition. No injury is the priority. And we will know if he will go to Olympics tonight.  

4 minutes ago, jier said:

Hey guys, I feel much relieved after reading several of your posts on the coming 4A tonight!!! Thank you all very much. Indeed, though the chance of 4A landing is little tonight, it definitely means something positive for Yuzu. Finger crossed for his safe practice and safe competition. No injury is the priority. And we will know if he will go to Olympics tonight.  

yup! I totally agreed with you.Injury free after competition regardless of results.

8 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Dear fellow satellites 

Planet Hanyu present in Saitama to cheer for Yuzu!!!! This is our banner and represents all countries of the members of this forum! 💖 Wishing Yuzu a successful performance!!!🙏🏼

Wow  :grouphug:

May it bring Yuzu good luck today:smiley-angelic001:

Not sure this is the right thread. If not, apologies. 

I find myself suddenly looking up flights and rooms in Tallinn. What do veteran satellites think are the odds that Yuzu will compete at 4CC? It seems to me he would want more experience with Nessie and his programs before Olys. But I never feel confident trying to predict what Chaos Boy will do. 

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share. 

11 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

Not sure this is the right thread. If not, apologies. 

I find myself suddenly looking up flights and rooms in Tallinn. What do veteran satellites think are the odds that Yuzu will compete at 4CC? It seems to me he would want more experience with Nessie and his programs before Olys. But I never feel confident trying to predict what Chaos Boy will do. 

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share.