General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

... also why do many people think he would have a new costume for Tenchi too? :confuses:(... did he announce it? Did I miss something ??)

(... I'm pretty happy with his current Tenchi costume, well maybe add some structure to the shoulder area and we're good to go ~~)

Is that so !? where did you read that? surely on twitter and, also, I like the tenchi costume a lot too and I have an article (sorry it's in French, but you can translate it like I do here) and he doesn't talk about his costume for his FS of this Sunday, but it does include a 4A 

https://www.sudradio.fr/sport/patinage-artistique-hanyu-rassure-pleinement-pour-son-retour-en-competition  

Ganbate Yuzu and good Christmas evening to  :nod2:  ALL the fanyus 

7 hours ago, snowy said:

I'm over the moon but ditch the costume and the hairstyle.

I'm not too fond of his hairstyle this time and while the costume itself (the colour and details) is pretty, it feels like the chocker doesn't really go well together with the costume. The costume also reminds of Otonal a lot and to this piece of music maybe something else would go better.

re the chocker: I think because of the deep V-neck cut without a choker Yuzu's neck would look even longer so they wanted to make it look a bit shorter. Which is fine, but the overall result could be much better imo :) 

But it is really not the most important after how wonderfully skated to this great program. 

Yeah the costume does give very big Otonal vibes - I think it's also the blue colour contributing to that and the folded ruffles like Otonal 2 (but Yuzu looks so good in blue I can't really complain about it). But hello the gold streaks are so pretty (reminds me of FOTP sm I lvoe it) and I think the more I watch Rondo the more the costume is growing on me LOL

I finally watched it and loved it. I actually really like his new costume and hair, but to each their own.

Im just waiting with baited breath for the free skate when he may/will attempt the 4A. Dislcaimer-I know he'll do whatever he wants and is beholden only to himself...but a part of me wants/wishes him to land it successfully and then retire. No Beijing Olympics. No more ISU that only wants him around for the sake of money, but then trash him by making a mockery of scoring. Just 4A and peace out like a boss having shut up all the naysayers. And not for the sake of fans that only want him to try for a 3rd gold for the sake of history. I'm so. So tired by FS and all it's drama lately. 

Of course even when he does some day in the future-go or not going to Olympics- I doubt we will have seen the last of him. Skating is his passion, so I wont mourn a retirement since it wont be the end. 

Merry Christmas everyone! :grouphug:

I'm so happy for Yuzu that he skated well and finally got the credit he deserves for his incredible skating.

My day started really badly. The bell was unexpectedly ringing and in the hurry I badly crashed my hip into the doorknob. Had to cool the bruise while Yuzu was skating, but thankfully it heals well.

I still can't believe this insane mythical energy of number 4s that are gathering here one after another:

• Yuzu was born in 1994 and started skating at the age of 4
  • Rondo Capriccioso was debuted on April 4 in 1867 (checksum=22 and checksum of that is 4)
  • Rondo is Yuzu's 4th SP in this Olympic cycle after Otonal, Ballade and LMEY
  • Yuzu skated 4th in the 4th SP group on December 24
  • He will skate in the 4th FS group
  • His starting number in SP and FS is #24
  • He hit all four LV4 in his SP today
  • He has 4 crossovers in Rondo
  • His SP score contains 4x number 1: 111.31
  • It will be the 4th time that he skates Ten to Chi to
  • He aims to land the first 4A...

If this is not main character stuff, I don't know what is :xD:

11 minutes ago, Kat said:

-I know he'll do whatever he wants and is beholden only to himself...but a part of me wants/wishes him to land it successfully and then retire. No Beijing Olympics. No more ISU that only wants him around for the sake of money, but then trash him by making a mockery of scoring. Just 4A and peace out like a boss having shut up all the naysayers.

Me too, actually. But for him to be credited and the successful 4A be ratified, he needs to land it in international comps (someone corrects me if I’m wrong). So, maybe 4CC, but no Oly? Sigh. I doubt the honourable Hanyu will do it tho.

I would cry if Yuzu came to 4CC!
It's a miracle in itself that such an event is held in my country so of course I got tickets, but right now I'm not letting myself even hope for a chance of seeing him live. 

To be honest, my heart was trying to escape my chest during his sp earlier, and that was from watching a sream. Seeing it and Tenchi live would be magical. 

1 hour ago, yuzupon said:

Me too, actually. But for him to be credited and the successful 4A be ratified, he needs to land it in international comps (someone corrects me if I’m wrong). So, maybe 4CC, but no Oly? Sigh. I doubt the honourable Hanyu will do it tho.

Well pardon me, but that is some serious BS....so vexing but oh well. Absolutely must have everyone on board or lets say it never happened. Sweet lord.