General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, snowy said:

First, I declare "The KING is back" and every nemesis of him can eat dust.

Then, again, the costume is awful. His skating is so passionate and intense (with lots of scary looks at judges :lol:). The costume does not go with his performance, it's on the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of the feelings and the message it delivers. I hope someone tells him that. He needs a costume that resonates with the strengths and intensity of his skate.

Hm, I DO recognize the delicacy he was aiming for with the music, both in his skate and in the costume. The intensity doesn't contradict this delicacy. The costume will grow on me.

7 minutes ago, snowy said:

First, I declare "The KING is back" and every nemesis of him can eat dust.

Then, again, the costume is awful. His skating is so passionate and intense (with lots of scary looks at judges :lol:). The costume does not go with his performance, it's on the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of the feelings and the message it delivers. I hope someone tells him that. He needs a costume that resonates with the strengths and intensity of his skate.

as for the costume, i will respectfully disagree. which is fine =) costume is one of the most subjective aspects, i think. 

in my opinion, costume emphasises the image of ice emperor, ethereal yet powerful. and as was mentioned earlier, it's such a nice eff you to the adepts of manly-man costumes so common in the international field

I still haven't found the words to define Rondo... Grand and magnificent and there's still room to grow. BEAUTIFUL.:cri:

Merry Christmas Yuzu! Merry Christmas Planet Hanyu! Thank you all for making this place rich with positive energy and emotions. I wish you infinite blessings. May peace, joy, health and prosperity dwell in their lives. Thank you all:puddingpooh:

1 minute ago, kay said:

as for the costume, i will respectfully disagree. which is fine =) costume is one of the most subjective aspects, i think. 

in my opinion, costume emphasises the image of ice emperor, ethereal yet powerful. and as was mentioned earlier, it's such a nice eff you to the adepts of manly-man costumes so common in the international field

You are absolutely right that costume is very subjective. There is nothing wrong with you liking it and I hating it. I understand your opinion about manly-man costumes. In fact, the manly-man costumes can be very classy and even sexy but for some weird reason they have reduced to the concept of a simple monotone shirt and pants on international stage :huh: In case of this program of Yuzu, I would very much prefer a simple but classy costume with no see-through and definitely no V-neck.

diversity of opinions is great to have, and i love that we can have a civil conversation about it!

i see your point of view, and your version of the costume would look great too. (though, i am one of those people who would find a potato sack looking good on Zu)

4 minutes ago, snowy said:

You are absolutely right that costume is very subjective. There is nothing wrong with you liking it and I hating it. I understand your opinion about manly-man costumes. In fact, the manly-man costumes can be very classy and even sexy but for some weird reason they have reduced to the concept of a simple monotone shirt and pants on international stage :huh: In case of this program of Yuzu, I would very much prefer a simple but classy costume with no see-through and definitely no V-neck.

and yes, totally agree that the current international trend of monotone shirts and trousers is simply tragic. all these men and boys need to learn that colour exists, lol

side remark: added my home country info to the profile, to emphasise how truly international planet hanyu is 

second side remark: happy holidays, folks. may the end of the year be kind to you

third remark: dear Yuzu!!! we are supporting you till the very end!!!

1 minute ago, kay said:

side remark: added my home country info to the profile, to emphasise how truly international planet hanyu is 

second side remark: happy holidays, folks. may the end of the year be kind to you

third remark: dear Yuzu!!! we are supporting you till the very end!!!

It's nice to see people from all over the world here ^_^

Roncapu costume looks like a mashup between Notte Stelatta and Otoñal... Which isn't bad per se, and I don't mind the v-neck (I mean Yuzu pulled it off with Notte Stelatta, I think he kinda pulls it off with this one, he'd do so completely if... there were no collar on the shirt. The collar is distracting from the whole look for me, and it just doesn't add anything noteworthy to the costume :shrug:)

Some says that he should go with fiery colors such as red (and I'd agree with that) but since I am that much of a sucker for the color blue (just like our ice emperor, methinks :space:), I'd definitely let him off with picking the color blue yet again for his costume...

Love Rondo very much...

Can't really say the same about the costume though. While it's not ugly by any means and i really Like the v neck and the collar, the colour ist not my fav and the transition at the waist plus the fringy bits here and there trip me up a Bit. The biggest Thing is though, that to me the costume screams much more otoñal 3.0 than roncapu and I can't unsee that.

2 hours ago, DancingFeather said:

How come no one is talking about his size? Definitely a plus of the new costume.

Another thing I loved about today's performance: in the first part, the audience was so calm you could hear a fly flying.

:wave:  the fanyus, to admire this program I had to go to the "video" section (I don't have twitter) and there WOOOOOO (and I thanked whoever posted it) and the silent audience is, also I think, that the music is soft and not to distract Yuzu and for my part, the costume is OK (of course there are some who don't like it) and here, we can express ourselves freely and without judgment  :peace2: and in the end, these thanks to the staff who hands him his business and the girl to the door of the rink and then I said :mushroom8: :animated-smileys-character-075: 

I love all this debate on the costume :)

Personally,  I love the theory that it may be a blend of previous costumes (Otonal, Notte, Chopin). I would've preferred if it wasn't blue so it wouldn't remind me of Otonal but I actually don't mind the overall design of it! I actually love the collar... and I think it looks better in movement than it does when stands still (which may be the point?)