General Yuzuru Chat

13 hours ago, barbara said:

I think this is the only place I have heard of Yuzu interacting like an ordinary person with a friend.

OK, but you have to know that Nobu has been HYPER friends with Yuzu and has been for quite a while and I remember  seeing on a video (I think an NHK) and that she year? :shrug:because Nobu was there as a commentator and Yuzu at the end of the medal ceremony, gives his bouquet of flowers to Nobu and says with a nod : "Nobu kun"  :thanks:  and I even think that Nobu is  talking about this funny anecdote in a  video too ? 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Blues for Klook and Beatles Medley were definitely crowd-pleasing ... especially in Kelowna ... maybe too much  : 8788161:. I clearly felt courted after watching. 

Or maybe "strongly flirted with" would be a better word choice. 

Hide content

Oh who am I trying to joke ... Nam made love to every person in the audience that night and made us all shake and fidget and in need of a cigarette. Figuratively.

RHOOOOOOOO, what I read with a magnifying glass   and it would be a "sacred NAM" :eek: :giggle::girlsigh:  

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So it's loosely related to Yuzu ...

If anyone is bored and wondering what the weather was like in Sendai recently, in general what Yuzu town and its surroundings is like, here are two Canadian expats who know full well that Yuzu and Sendai are going on adventures there - low :

I just listened to and saw this video and you can guess, all of you, that I had enormous difficulty understanding the English words of this charming couple who love to laugh !!!!!! Anyway, they must understand / know how to read / speak Japanese, since they knew how to read the sign and buy this milk sake (I don't know if it's good ??) and the guy has his driver's license Japanese and change of driving on the left and I enjoyed the interior views of Sendai city and seeing the clouds (heard a lot of times in the lyrics) the forest where they are attacked by insects and yet in Canada and Quebec, there are the terrible black flies, the maring yeah ..... and see a rice plantation up close: but they would have to go to the ice rink at night and "maybe"? try to see Yuzu : yuzupout:  

30 minutes ago, liv said:

Nam using White Legend... OK. Different for a showboat like him... and apart from yuzu fans, do general skating  fans remember yuzu skated to it? For many skating fans, his breakthrough, iconic, programs started either with R/J or PW, and previous programs aren't much on their radar. 

R+J has been used by multiple skaters (Jun, for instance - but a very different version).  I would think that Nam will have totally different choreo and probably even a different version of the song.  Unless he states he's doing an something to commemorate Yuzu, I would think his take will be original.

My only concern with Nam skating to White Legend is his interpretation of the music, regardless of the associations the piece has in the mind of the FS audience (Fanyus or otherwise), that's it.

I see that he attempts to perform a more sophisticated level, and while it might be a bit warhorsey on a conceptual level, White Legend has a certain freshness to it. I am looking forward to how he'd perform it...

Anyhow, speaking of judging (and Yuzu...)

Spoiler

This has been weighing my heart for a while, and I feel like I have to let it out sooner or later — while I agree with the sentiment that we should be happy with whatever Yuzu wants to achieve from each of his performances (eg. meeting his own standards in jumps, steps, choreo etc.) no matter the judging situation, I couldn't help but feel annoyed (and wrathful tbh) whenever I think of how the judges would shamelessly underscore him in the coming competition, especially when he faces off the favored, star-spangled skater™.

I could still kinda hope that the judges wouldn't be as egregious in other comps, where he wouldn't face him, but where he'd face him? Forget about it. As long as he doesn't fall the judges would be showering all the points on him, and I hate the thought that Yuzu could only win against him only when he is not skating cleanly (because remember that Yuzu is clearly the superior skater whenever they both skate cleanly :v).

I still trust that Yuzu's skating is the *truth*, and it will reach the hearts and minds not yet familiar with FS thusly, but with the perversion of the I*U I worry sometimes that his skating alone is not proof enough that he's truly the best in the whole world, of all time (also I admit that it is satisfying to me too whenever he is scored accordingly).

Perhaps the long and short of it is just that I want him to be  undisputedly viewed by most (if not all) people as the Greatest, period (and his scoring recently should reflect that, instead of sabotaging him).

I know this is an old concern, but as you can see I still have to prepare my heart accordingly for the coming season... (Goodness knows how stormy it would be, especially mentally speaking...)

27 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

So I have a very random question right...  :peekapooh:

I was thinking about this all night yesterday and I couldn't sleep because of it...  :crazyshit2:

so I thought I would ask it here before I remain sleepless for another night.  :yznotimpressed:

Don't judge me for this question but...  :idk: 

What shoe size does Yuzuru wear?  :1:

The world has many mysteries but this is the one I need to know! :darklordyuzu:

A quality question :gla: 

...............That i can't answer :waffle: In fact, i can't even begin to conceptualize the size of his feet o.o ?? I don't even know if they're big or small, let alone how big or small. I've failed as a fanyu....... My encyclopedic knowledge of all things Yuzu is a scam, my life is a lie and i'm a fraud :dontdothistome: 

Well, at least i know that he looks cute in the toe socks that he likes to wear :yuzupout:

this is the weirdest collection of words i've posted here so far, don't @ me about it i'm going through severe missing yuzu hours rn and this is the result 

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER!  :muahaha:

According to this fan translation: https://yuzuland.tumblr.com/post/119321058267/yuzuru-hanyu-x-emi-takeuchi-interview-part-1 (which is a little old, so it may

be outdated but still), Yuzuru's shoe size is 40,5 (EU). :knc_yuzu1:

But here is the REAL shocker... according to the interviewer, size 40,5 shoes aren't that big. :surprised:  My size 36 (EU) shoes and I are shaking right now.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE ONLY INTRESTING INFO WE GOT FROM THAT INTERVIEW.  :sipping:

Apparently little 'zu was a hair model for a hair salon? What??? :ohmygod:

I mean, once his floppy, fluffy, cutie boy next door everyday life hairstyle became trendy for the young men and boys in JPN so ... (Don't quote me on this, I read abt this somewhere some times ago already lol)

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER!  :muahaha:

According to this fan translation: https://yuzuland.tumblr.com/post/119321058267/yuzuru-hanyu-x-emi-takeuchi-interview-part-1 (which is a little old, so it may

be outdated but still), Yuzuru's shoe size is 40,5 (EU). :knc_yuzu1:

But here is the REAL shocker... according to the interviewer, size 40,5 shoes aren't that big. :surprised:  My size 36 (EU) shoes and I are shaking right now.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE ONLY INTRESTING INFO WE GOT FROM THAT INTERVIEW.  :sipping:

Apparently little 'zu was a hair model for a hair salon? What??? :ohmygod:

If my comment could help clear things up then just know that I, a woman, am 173 cm tall (just one cm taller than Yuzu ;)), and my shoe size is EU 40, so yeah, that size definitely seems plausible for him.

...and speaking of his size being "not that big" — think of the tendency of men's shoe size being bigger than women's, when they have the same height... (I mean height is not the only factor, and the comparison between height and shoe size is more of a correlation, IMHO...)

Ehhh... I'm surprised :surprised_pikachu:

I thought Yuzu's size (40.5 EU / UK size 7) was on the small side for a man. All my male friends have sizes of UK 9 (EU 43) and above.

My own feet (tiniest compared to all women I know) are a UK 3.5 (EU 36) and is the smallest size available on the Adidas website in my country :scratch2:

8 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

I just listened to and saw this video and you can guess, all of you, that I had enormous difficulty understanding the English words of this charming couple who love to laugh !!!!!! Anyway, they must understand / know how to read / speak Japanese, since they knew how to read the sign and buy this milk sake (I don't know if it's good ??) and the guy has his driver's license Japanese and change of driving on the left and I enjoyed the interior views of Sendai city and seeing the clouds (heard a lot of times in the lyrics) the forest where they are attacked by insects and yet in Canada and Quebec, there are the terrible black flies, the maring yeah ..... and see a rice plantation up close: but they would have to go to the ice rink at night and "maybe"? try to see Yuzu : yuzupout:  

Norm ( the man) and Sharla ( the woman) are both well-known Youtubers who have been living and working in Japan for many years and speak Japanese fluently. But they're new to Sendai. 

As for insects, Canada has nothing nearly as big and scary as the hornets Sharla was describing. Blackflies and mosquitoes are tiny but annoying. The hornets in the video can grow up to 2 inches long! 

42 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Norm ( the man) and Sharla ( the woman) are both well-known Youtubers who have been living and working in Japan for many years and speak Japanese fluently. But they're new to Sendai. 

As for insects, Canada has nothing nearly as big and scary as the hornets Sharla was describing. Blackflies and mosquitoes are tiny but annoying. The hornets in the video can grow up to 2 inches long! 

Chris Broad from Abroad in Japan (perhaps the most successful of all the video bloggers in Japan) is based in Sendai, so they are all getting to be in the same city, aren’t they? And they are all good friends. Sharla was there for some Journey Across Japan episodes. 
I sorta wait for them to mention or imply Yuzu, subliminally. But no… 

9 minutes ago, Fay said:

Chris Broad from Abroad in Japan (perhaps the most successful of all the video bloggers in Japan) is based in Sendai, so they are all getting to be in the same city, aren’t they? And they are all good friends. Sharla was there for some Journey Across Japan episodes. 
I sorta wait for them to mention or imply Yuzu, subliminally. But no… 

I don't think any of them are into figure skating, or know/care who Yuzu is.  But in a way, that makes their videos more useful, because you get to see Sendai more as Yuzu himself would see it: not 'home of Yuzuru Hanyu' touristy, but just 'Sendai, the city' . 

Also, I don't think Norm has plans to leave Tokyo any time soon, but I imagine he'll be in Sendai more often now.