General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you so much everyone for the nice comments! :studsmatta:

Haru yo Koi ice-chan kiss. :201111231756430f6:  We had so much fun at the beginning trying to figure out if he really kissed the ice or not!

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Dead unfair question,  @Henni147! How am I supposed to chose?

I will say my favorite video of his Ina Bauer is the overhead shot from Saitama Worlds of his Origin 1.0 IB. Just spectacular in every way.

Agree! My fav as well. I do love Notte Stellata IB dearly also, the loveliest graceful swan.

15 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Agree! My fav as well. I do love Notte Stellata IB dearly also, the loveliest graceful swan.

Yes! I really love this camera perspective, too! I tried to add it to the compilation, but my current editor couldn't synchronize the footage with the original music properly.

Confession: I love the ocean wave-like arm movements of the IB in Dory aka Wings of Words! They are SO gorgeous and perfectly in tune with the music! It really deserves more attention. And this pivot 3T, too:

13 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you so much everyone for the nice comments! :studsmatta:

I just can't pick one. I particularly love HYK for the ice kiss and CiONTU and the Skate Canada gala practice for their exits, and I have a soft spot for the other Skate Canada gala practice hydroblade because "he falls good"-- jaw-droppingly good.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Yes! I really love this camera perspective, too! I tried to add it to the compilation, but my current editor couldn't synchronize the footage with the original music properly.

Confession: I love the ocean wave-like arm movements of the IB in Dory aka Wings of Words! They are SO gorgeous and perfectly in tune with the music! It really deserves more attention. And this pivot 3T, too:

I didn't realize that Dory IB was so good until I saw it in your compilation! I also love his smile as he did Haru yo Koi IB. He looked so joyful skating, it really made me happy.

News today that Rika is going to TCC as her training base!

Travel's not an issue then, for Yuzuru I mean.

EDIT ah I see now Canada opened borders to international travel on 7th sept

25 minutes ago, Pammi said:

News today that Rika is going to TCC as her training base!

Travel's not an issue then, for Yuzuru I mean.

EDIT ah I see now Canada opened borders to international travel on 7th sept

I'm still sceptical if Yuzu really returns tbh.

- He would be with his coaches and

choreographers again

(live monitoring and feedback included)

- He would have some competition in training again

- No time zone issues with remote coaching

- Access to physio (maybe he has it in JP already?)

- More crowded rink and less space for 4A practice

- Less freedom with music rotations and RTs

(unless he's allowed to train outside the regular sessions)

- Lot more travelling and jetlag issues

(all his competitions will be in Asia/Europe)

- Either living alone (risky for people with asthma)

OR ask his mom to leave Sendai and family again

OR share an apartment with someone else

- Canada is not Japan

- Toronto is not Sendai

- Without Habi it's all pointless anyway

I have the feeling that Yuzu will not leave Sendai again for a longer period. Not even for the sake of his career.

But I might be wrong.

@Henni147 Lol I love the Javi bit, it's true!! From what other skaters say at TCC it appears that after Javi left, Yuzu really kept himself to himself. (though he did say in CBC interview at Skate Canada 2019 that he had "such good friends" at TCC)

I think the pandemic is also an issue for him, not wanting to travel and take what he sees as unnecessary risks.

I don't think he will return either....

27 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I have the feeling that Yuzu will not leave Sendai again for a longer period. Not even for the sake of his career.

But I might be wrong.

I agree with all your points. Even with Canada opening the borders, Japan is still on alert and I don't think Yuzu would risk traveling yet. I could see him going at some point between now and November since he does have some time before his first competition to get some assessment by the TCC team. But Yuzu's a man now, he is much more responsible with his decisions and I believe he has a good idea of how to train. He probably knows it's in his best interest (and his family's) to remain in Sendai with remote coaching. There's a lot more pros than cons in staying in Japan, I wouldn't blame him in the slightest for staying.

Again, we may both be wrong lol

My understanding is that Rika was originally supposed to go to TCC last year anyway, until the pandemic intervened.  I hope TCC will give her that last little push she needs to get to the top and stay there.

As for whether Yuzu will go back to TCC or not, who knows? He's a law unto himself and it's pointless to speculate. I personally think that he will go for at least some time this fall, if only to get out of his own head for a while and hear some other perspectives. 

I'm also interested in seeing whether Jun will come back. I think he badly needs to, but the situation in SK is different from Japan so whether Jun can travel yet is still an open question.

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

My understanding is that Rika was originally supposed to go to TCC last year anyway, until the pandemic intervened.  I hope TCC will give her that last little push she needs to get to the top and stay there.

I'm hoping so too - Rika seems to need to find some balance to her training and taking care of her body - TCC seem really good at this balance (though of course there are always SOME people who wont listen....!!) I thought Evgenia really benefitted from this, for example. She looked the picture of health whilst in Canada, and the benefit to her skating was just starting to show before the pandemic hit. Rika was hampered by injuries last season, lets hope TCC can work the same magic on her as they did with Evgenia (although it took longer than just a few months, which is all we have left until Beijing...)

I think if Yuzu’s first GP was Skate Canada and not NHK he may have considered returning to Canada this fall. As of now if he were to return to Japan he’d have to quarantine and it’s not really worth it if he can make-do with the training he’s doing in Japan. At this point who knows if he might participate in Asian Open Trophy or even in Japan Open, and traveling from Japan makes more sense if he is. Rika has a real tight turnaround between Skate Canada and NHK too, and so will Yuzu between Rostelecom and the GPF. I think they’d have to train under same quarantine rules they had for WTT?