General Yuzuru Chat

I don't remember the exact date I knew Yuzu, nor do I remember the first program of his that got me hooked as I was kind of binge watching him after the first video and everything just blended into a blurry mess. What I do remember, is that it was definitely between SC 2016 and NHK 2016, so that would make it nearly 1500 days since AH. :) So I guess one of the first Yuzu programs I watched was LGC or Hope & Legacy, both of which I loveeee. :smiley-love017:

Being a baby fanyu at the time, I didn't know any means of watching FS live, so I only followed the results of NHK 2016 and GPF 2016 and watched the videos after. The first competition I watched live online was 4CC 2017. By WC 2017, I was so nervous for Yuzu that I could hardly think about anything else, especially after that 5th place SP. :unsure2: Fortunately, his FS was perfection, winning him his 2nd world title and getting me more hooked along the way. :laughing:

Then I miraculously won tickets to NHK 2017 (sobs, let's not talk about what happened here). After that, besides worrying endlessly about Yuzu's condition leading to the PC Olympics, I was fretting for months about how I was going to watch Yuzu live during the Olympics itself as the Men's SP and FS fell right on the first and second days of Lunar New Year 2018, and, like all festive periods, engaging in ~family activities~ like visiting relatives and stuff is a must. :rolleyes: Somehow, again miraculously, I escaped all the family obligations and managed to watch the Olympics live peacefully, and those were one of the most nerve-wracking moments of my life. :laughing:

Everything after that has been a bonus for me, just being able to watch his beautiful skating makes me very happy. :smiley-love017:

48 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

Then I miraculously won tickets to NHK 2017 (sobs, let's not talk about what happened here).

Oh my goodness, talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. :consoling2: That must have been so painful.

Following Yuzu sure gives your nerves a workout.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh my goodness, talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. :consoling2: That must have been so painful.

Following Yuzu sure gives your nerves a workout.

I know, right. I landed in Osaka only to find everyone on PH panicking, and it was hard finding out more information as I had to catch my trains and sort my accommodation. I just knew something bad had happened, but I didn't know what. :sigh: Thank goodness PC 2018 went really, really well and I got to see Yuzu (finally) at NHK 2019. :smiley-love017: 

The first time I saw Yuzu was februari 13, 2014 on television, Parisienne Walkways. I was immediately flabbergasted!

Then of course Romeo and Juliet on februari 14th.

When the GPF took place in Barcelona in 2014, I did not go there and regretted it afterwards. I live in Europe, so Barcelona was not that far away. When the GPF was back in Barcelona in 2015, I didn't have to think long and went. I also went to the GP Helsinki in 2018.

Two great and unforgettable experiences!

1 час назад, DeniseB сказал:

When the GPF took place in Barcelona in 2014, I did not go there and regretted it afterwards. I live in Europe, so Barcelona was not that far away. When the GPF was back in Barcelona in 2015, I didn't have to think long and went.

Story close to mine. I live close to Europe but didn't go to Barcelona in 2014, previously I didn't have a thought about traveling to comps, only went to events in my town. But I liked to travel, so when it was Barcelona for second time in a row and I had a friend who wanted to go to Spain, I didn't think twice :biggrin: Going at least once per season since then.

REMINDER THAT THIS IS HAPPENING IN 3 HOURS!!!

MY GOSH, I'M EXCITED !!!! :cheer::dancingpooh::party2:

Also! If you haven't yet, you can change your icon on Planet Hanyu or Twitter to one of the special birthday designs submissions !

here's a thread where you can also vote for your favourite! https://planethanyu.com/topic/1283-poll-vote-for-your-favourite-birthday-themed-icon/

:tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: Happy Birthday Yuzu :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

I wish you wonderful birthday with your family. May you always be healthy and happy. You are a big inspiration for me and so many people. I can't wait to see you on the ice again. My best wishes for you. :tumblr_inline_mto5i7Wpxr1qid2nw:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     :snpeace: