Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone. Small update: thank God, our friend is recovering well and we might be able to visit her soon. Sadly, my grandfather is still in very bad shape, but we try our best to support him and care for him. I'd like to thank you once again with all my heart for your encouraging messages.

 

I took the new Lotte CM as an opportunity to reveal my new/old video montage of Yuzu's famous quotes. It's really uplifting in these difficult times. I hope you like it, too.

 

 

 

I’m so glad for your friend! I’ll keep your grandfather in my prayers; nothing seems certain in these times, but I truly hope that he will recover and that you will enjoy peaceful times together. Thank you so much for the update! I was worried, so I’m really relieved to hear news from you, and thank you so much for sharing that video of Yuzuru’s quotes! He really inspires me so much, and that video was just what I needed today. :thanks:

 

Apologies for any typos on this. I’m using my phone right now, and I don’t normally do this, so I may have made some mistakes. :59227c768286a__s: Sorry, but hopefully it’s understandable! 

Link to post
13 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone. Small update: thank God, our friend is recovering well and we might be able to visit her soon. Sadly, my grandfather is still in very bad shape, but we try our best to support him and care for him. I'd like to thank you once again with all my heart for your encouraging messages.

 

I took the new Lotte CM as an opportunity to reveal my new/old video montage of Yuzu's famous quotes. It's really uplifting in these difficult times. I hope you like it, too.

 

 

Happy to hear that about your friend, but definitely keeping your grandfather in my thoughts <3 Hope things get better soon.

Link to post
9 hours ago, Fay said:

YouTube just offered me this link today - Yuzu’s gala number at the JWC 2010 along with the finale. Just very funny and cute Sui/Han, or the Shibs, and even Katsalapov. 

 

When you consider that that was when he was still in Juniors and long before he started winning everything in sight.... it's really kind of brilliant. You can see the genius ready to come out. 

 

I would not complain if he brought this music back again, with upgraded choreography that reflects the skills and mastery he has now. A little shamisen would liven things up, and I bet he'd make it spectacular.

Link to post
1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

When you consider that that was when he was still in Juniors and long before he started winning everything in sight.... it's really kind of brilliant. You can see the genius ready to come out. 

 

I would not complain if he brought this music back again, with upgraded choreography that reflects the skills and mastery he has now. A little shamisen would liven things up, and I bet he'd make it spectacular.

 

I love “Change” by Monkey Majik, a band formed in Sendai in 2000 consisting of two Canadian brothers Maynard Plant and Blaise Plant as vocalists and two Japanese on instruments.

 

I think my favourite version of Yuzu performing this is at the 2011 Nagoya Festival when he was 16 years old.

 

I believe that the last time he performed this was at 2014 Together on Ice, the show that he produced in Sendai after he won gold at Sochi.

 

 

I also prefer the original version of “Change” by Monkey Majik performed with the Yoshida Brothers on shamisen.

 

 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

 

I love “Change” by Monkey Majik, a band formed in Sendai in 2000 consisting of two Canadian brothers Maynard Plant and Blaise Plant as vocalists and two Japanese on instruments.

 

I think my favourite version of Yuzu performing this is at the 2011 Nagoya Festival when he was 16 years old.

 

I believe that the last time he performed this was at 2014 Together on Ice, the show that he produced in Sendai after he won gold at Sochi.

 

 

I also prefer the original version of “Change” by Monkey Majik performed with the Yoshida Brothers on shamisen.

 

 

 

I had no idea Monkey Majik had a Canadian connection. That's pretty cool! 

 

Strange coincidence: the Yoshida Brothers have a Canadian apprentice who is also a videographer and YouTuber, who I follow on YouTube. That's where I first heard about the Yoshida Brothers, actually. 

Link to post

I loved the 2014 version of change.  I also like the shamisen - was inspired to buy the Yoshida brothers album by team Japan’s gala performance at WTT 2015.  I would love it if Yuzuru were to use their music.

 

 

Link to post

Okay so my mother and I always write letters to her Japanese pen pal. In the most recent letter I told her that I really like figure skating, especially a certain space kitty. And she sent me a magazine about FS that's roughly 60% Yuzu:loveshower: It's called 'Trace of Stars' and I'll share some photos soon.:wink_star:

Link to post
1 hour ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Yuzu’s 3As topped all other men’s of the season:

 

 

And if you think that in this still modest 12.57 at 4CC include a 0.88 bonus for having jumped it in the second half of the program... He should have had a plain 14.08 for it (8.8 base value + 4.4 grade of execution + 0.88 bonus), shouldn't he? Come on, judges, what are you expecting of a 3A to give it a 5 all over the board?

 

Edit : wrong base value (8.8 instead of 8) leading to big errors. Thank you @river for seeing it.

Link to post

I just realized that the video quality on twitter is not the very best (on my devices at least), so I uploaded the montage with Yuzu's quotes here on the Planet in 1080p. There is not much that I can contribute right now, but I try to get back on track soon.

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

And if you think that in this still modest 12.57 at 4CC include a 0.88 bonus for having jumped it in the second half of the program... He should have had a plain 14.08 for it (8.8 base value + 4.4 grade of execution + 0.88 bonus), shouldn't he? Come on, judges, what are you expecting of a 3A to give it a 5 all over the board?

 

GOE actually doesn't get a 10% bonus for being backloaded - only the base value of the jump is increased. I do agree with you that the jump deserved a +5 across the board, though. So the math should work out to be 8.00 (3A BV) * 1.1 (backloading bonus) + 4.00 (+5 GOE gives 50% of the base value without the bonus) = 12.80 points.

Link to post
11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

When you consider that that was when he was still in Juniors and long before he started winning everything in sight.... it's really kind of brilliant. You can see the genius ready to come out. 

 

I would not complain if he brought this music back again, with upgraded choreography that reflects the skills and mastery he has now. A little shamisen would liven things up, and I bet he'd make it spectacular.

The knee spin is everything. 😂😂😂 ❤️

Link to post
9 hours ago, Geo1 said:

 

I love “Change” by Monkey Majik, a band formed in Sendai in 2000 consisting of two Canadian brothers Maynard Plant and Blaise Plant as vocalists and two Japanese on instruments.

 

I think my favourite version of Yuzu performing this is at the 2011 Nagoya Festival when he was 16 years old.

 

I believe that the last time he performed this was at 2014 Together on Ice, the show that he produced in Sendai after he won gold at Sochi.

 

 

I also prefer the original version of “Change” by Monkey Majik performed with the Yoshida Brothers on shamisen.

 

 

 

So much more intensity and a better top!!! 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...