General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, airi said:

If my math is not failing me, after adjusting Nathan will have 2880 points, Yuzu 3786 - big lead :) Shoma 2639,

Actually, Aliev will be second with 2957, Nate third, and Jason closely behind 2844. Shoma will fall in the standings because of his disastrous GP and no 4CC.

7 minutes ago, river said:

Right, but once they declare this season over, 17-18 means nothing, they'll be calculating based on 20-21 (100%), 19-20 (100%), and 18-19 (70%). So Nathan not doing any ISU championships or Challengers really hurts him until he can start adding points for 20-21, while Yuzu skated a full season, so he has the points from ACI and 4CC as well as the GP series (which is all Nathan has).

Samarin has 3046... so far he's the last one I've calculated, but I have him in second. No idea if someone will go in front of him.

Hope you guys are correct!

I guess for the world standings we'll need to wait what happens with rescheduling (if rescheduling happens, tho it will be though to shift the whole pre-olympic season)

Glad that at least 4CC was quite a good comp for Yuzu, at least he had that... :grouphug:

time to go on rewatching spree

Maybe we could bring back the streaming parties? Tho of course maybe we can allow ourselves time to go through the stages of grief first, I think it still hasn't quite registered with me 'cause I'm mostly numb/relieved (both for people being safer and for ISU getting their carefully laid plans twarthed....tho I would hav einfinitely preferred if it had happened in another way)

I wonder what happens with the silly ISU gala awards thing. Will we get some sad streamed awards like when the oscar nominees are announced?

Maybe they'll just give up on the idea all together or at least rework it into a separate thing that doesn't impede on the gala performances.

2 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

I wonder what happens with the silly ISU gala awards thing. Will we get some sad streamed awards like when the oscar nominees are announced?

Maybe they'll just give up on the idea all together or at least rework it into a separate thing that doesn't impede on the gala performances.

Well, nominees were supposed to be announced... yesterday.

24 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I guess for the world standings we'll need to wait what happens with rescheduling (if rescheduling happens, tho it will be though to shift the whole pre-olympic season)

I doubt it'll happen. To plan an event of that scale in what? A few months? It's impossible. Not to mention we have no idea what the virus situation will be in a few months. The ISU won't want to make the deposits without knowing if they'll have to cancel again. And you can't ask figure skaters to stay in shape throughout the summer. Many of them have to skate in shows (if they're even happening) to make money. There's just no way it'll be rescheduled because unlike 2011, you can't just pick a new venue.

2 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

How did you guys survive the 2017-18 season Yuzu drought? (Except the Olympics ofc)

I just officially became a Fanyu this season (which is relatively packed compared to previous seasons) and I’m already craving for more Yuzu content T_T

I can't speak for others here but to me his performances have always been masterpieces so i would always go back and watch them during off season or when i need inspirations. I like watching the thrill of a competition but more than that I see his competition performances as actual performances. So my mindset wasn't always to see him win but to see him perform. the rewatch value is there, so i could keep watching old performances over and over and his ice shows

14 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

How did you guys survive the 2017-18 season Yuzu drought? (Except the Olympics ofc)

I just officially became a Fanyu this season (which is relatively packed compared to previous seasons) and I’m already craving for more Yuzu content T_T

Well, I wasn't around for the 17-18 drought, but I lived through 18-19.

Things are going to get very silly around here as we go through Yuzu withdrawals. Fair warning.

4 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

That was nothing. Now 2016 drought was quite serious. Four or five months of no information at all.