General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Yuzu is definitely the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen! He doesn’t actually fit into the conventional male beauty standards that much but somehow he’s just so handsome and beautiful - maybe it’s also his charisma and confidence shining through haha

If they should do a remake of Lord of the Rings Yuzu would make a perfect Legolas.

I just showed my fifty-ish year old mom Yuzu’s 4CC Chopin and she loved it! Throughout she kept saying, “oh my. OH MY. Look at him jump! So difficult, what if he falls?? He’s only 25, such a young guy, he should be careful!” 

She couldn’t believe how he was doing the donut spin, “his leg might break! Incredible! How does he do it?!” And when she saw the score and Paul’s commentary said it was a new record she cheered🤗

And when he helped pick up the poohs, that was the final nail that turned my mom into a fan...she laughed and went, “he’s such a good guy!” 

I’m so glad Yuzu’s performances can speak to people of any age and nationality, I managed to bond a lot with my mom tonight for the first time in a long time. 

7 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Yuzu is definitely the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen! He doesn’t actually fit into the conventional male beauty standards that much but somehow he’s just so handsome and beautiful - maybe it’s also his charisma and confidence shining through haha

I recently sent a male friend the video of Chopin from 4CC. His response: "He's beautiful!"

A couple of days later he asked me to remind him of Yuzu's name. I think he watched a couple of other videos, and after that he brought him up again in conversation. We talked about how Yuzu completely transcends traditional expectations about beauty and gender. My friend kept searching for ways to describe Yuzu's appeal and falling back on, "He's ... beautiful."

And this is a 70-ish white, straight, American. Maybe there's some hope in this world after all. 

:cri:

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

I recently sent a male friend the video of Chopin from 4CC. His response: "He's beautiful!"

A couple of days later he asked me to remind him of Yuzu's name. I think he watched a couple of other videos, and after that he brought him up again in conversation. We talked about how Yuzu completely transcends traditional expectations about beauty and gender. My friend kept searching for ways to describe Yuzu's appeal and falling back on, "He's ... beautiful."

And this is a 70-ish white, straight, American. Maybe there's some hope in this world after all. 

:cri:

It’s universally acceptable to fangirl/fanboy over Yuzuru no matter what your age, gender or nationality is 🥰 True art transcends all these barriers ❤️

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

So off-season really started after 4cc. :O

Such an unusual season. Yuzu didn't get injured, won skate canada, won 4cc, lost comps that he used to win, changed his program in the middle of the season and now worlds are cancelled. This boy can't be bored in his life for a single minute. 

Now I’m really wondering if Yuzu will keep these programmes for next season or choreograph new ones! Maybe he himself doesn’t even know the answer to that question now haha

Also we will never know which programme he was planning for exhibition... this will forever be one of our unanswered questions

Also we all feel so bad for the athletes who have worked so hard but I suddenly remembered one of Yuzu’s famous quotes - “Effort will lie but will never be in vain”.