General Yuzuru Chat

It will be interesting to see what he does.  The chances are he will have a long spell in which to work on whatever he wants at his leisure because probably a lot of ice shows will be cancelled as well while the world is shutting down to try and minimise the impact of the pandemic.  Lots of time to work on 4A, choose new music, polish new choreography.  Maybe finish his degree.  Not sure he’s ever had this luxury of time before without injury or illness - I’m looking forward to seeing what he does with it.

Soooo with canceled Worlds it is almost sure Yuzu stays for another season riiiight??? I don't believe he would leave it at that.

Wonder if he will have new shiny programs - I think so, even if I sooo wanted to see clean(ish) Seimei 3.0.

ahhhh call me selfish but i hope this is Yuzu's last season. Idk how many more competitions will get cancelled next season bc we dont know how long this pandemic prolongs. But I know I dont want to invest anymore of my time or emotion on the sport. this season ended with super slam so i thought thats a silver lining that came out of all of this mess. of course i will still follow yuzu if he chooses to compete but if i personally hope to see him doing something else. If he continues i dont want to see any old program again. i personally wanted to see clean 5 quad origin more than seimei tho

oh btw yuzu got his 2 silvers again lol almost every season

Spoiler

(too bad nathan is claiming his 2nd world standing)

4 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

It will be interesting to see what he does.  The chances are he will have a long spell in which to work on whatever he wants at his leisure because probably a lot of ice shows will be cancelled as well while the world is shutting down to try and minimise the impact of the pandemic.  Lots of time to work on 4A, choose new music, polish new choreography.  Maybe finish his degree.  Not sure he’s ever had this luxury of time before without injury or illness - I’m looking forward to seeing what he does with it.

We will likely know afterwards. He is both so open and so discreet. The right opposite of "celebrities".

I hope so much he will be "fresh enough", some day, to offer us SEIMEI 3 as an exhibition or show. After all his new costume coulours were thought, more for exhibition and show than for the two competitions planned to include it.

I want to see clean new layout of SEIMEI for once. Sigh... But he'll have more time to think of new programs now. Its still a pity we dont get to see the final form of SEIMEI. And how long til we can see him again????? (Given ice shows in Japan are in limbo condition too im not sure til summer its safe enough there for any show)

I feel we will see him MUCH less than any summer.

I would love him to stay a bit longer, master that 4axel, but at the other hand - after experiencing this ISU&co clownery for entire season with its great finale rn I would totally understand if he decided to take "bye bye, now I'm going to earn money only for myself and taking my fans with me, sorry not sorry" road. But it's probably not his way :)

Although, I'm too tired to think about it and will just wait for anything new (competitive or not) with excitment.  I'm not going to torture myself and engage in long discussion about possible scenarios. Let the boy do what he wants and enjoy what he shares - anything will be precious.

I have to say, the biggest disapointment of cancelling worlds is not seeing that shiny neon version of Seimei costume again. Such a royalty. Also, what will happen with the interview by Scott Russell from CBC? I hope they will publish it for consolation. You can't play with fanyus like that.

Considering the current uncertain developments surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic, a rescheduling and/or relocation of the above-mentioned Championships within the current season, even if the season would be extended by several weeks after its normal end in early April, cannot be reasonably considered. During the coming weeks, the ISU will evaluate in cooperation with all stakeholders whether the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2020 could possibly be held later in the year, but in any case not before October 2020. Before taking a final decision, the ISU will remain in close contact with Skate Canada and ISU Members.

https://www.isu.org/isu-news/news/145-news/13099-isu-statement-isu-world-figure-skating-championships-2020-montreal?templateParam=15

9 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

too bad nathan is claiming his 2nd world standing)

actually, after official end of the season after the points are adjusted Yuzu will be 1st at WS again. Nate can even fall lower because zero Championships points, but I would have to check that.

I don't think he will retire without a serious tilt at the 4A, so  really believe we will see him again next year, hopefully with two new programs that he feels are really, perfectly right for him.

The ice shows are up in the air, as are the Tokyo Olympics (and I would bet a pound to a penny they intended to use Yuzu in the opening celebrations, they'd be mad not to)

7 minutes ago, airi said:

actually, after official end of the season after the points are adjusted Yuzu will be 1st at WS again. Nate can even fall lower because zero Championships points, but I would have to check that.

No I checked and saw its updated as of 3/6/2020 and Nathan is still first. given his wins for the last 3 seasons, i doubt he would fall to 2nd even without this years championship points. of course i want to be wrong

but it seems like worlds could still happen so idk if they will count world standing without