General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, river said:

October 2020 is already the Grand Prix next season. That's not a realistic plan and they know it.

I can't see how they could do it then - and it would be somewhat ridiculous to even try.  The skaters would be beyond exhausted, I hope if the ISU did go that way a lot of the top ones, those IN the GP series, would decline to do both.

10 minutes ago, Paskud said:

wow that would mean significantly altering athletes' preparation... then again, everything is quite up in the air currently, even "normal" training

(ok, ok, we know Yuzu is theorically able to skate two clean programs together in Otober too, tho not early October maybe, but it could be doable... the problem is: are all skaters going to recycle their programs till October, than bring new programs to GP (possibly scheduled a bit later)? Will they just get new programs now and test them in september and compete with them at WC? But many need to travel to get choreo, so not an option. And then, next year it's pre-olympic year... well, it's going to be messy but at least for now people were kept safe and let's hope everyone stays healthy)

7 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

No I checked and saw its updated as of 3/6/2020 and Nathan is still first

but it seems like worlds could still happen so idk if they will count world standing without 

But at the end of the season (last planned competition somewhere around April, if it will take place) they will not count the points from 2017/18 season and points from 2018/19 will be counted x 70%. And then Yuzu is back on the top in WS :)

Just now, airi said:

But at the end of the season (last planned competition somewhere around April, if it will take place) they will not count the points fro 2017/18 season and points from 2018/19 will be counted x 70%. And then Yuzu is back on the top in WS :)

i hope ur right! but if u could check the scores that are updated right now on the isu site and confirm later thatd be appreciated..i really want a true happy news 

4 minutes ago, airi said:

But at the end of the season (last planned competition somewhere around April, if it will take place) they will not count the points from 2017/18 season and points from 2018/19 will be counted x 70%. And then Yuzu is back on the top in WS :)

That would be a nice fillip to what has been a mixed season - some really tough moments for our young man, but some glorious highs, kate Canada and the 4CC and his new SP world record....

16 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

No I checked and saw its updated as of 3/6/2020 and Nathan is still first. given his wins for the last 3 seasons, i doubt he would fall to 2nd even without this years championship points. of course i want to be wrong

but it seems like worlds could still happen so idk if they will count world standing without 

Yes, but after the end of the season, everything moves down a row... so 2019-2020 is 100%, 2018-2019 is 70%, and 2017-2018 drops off the list entirely. So, because Nathan didn't go to 4CC, he doesn't have any ISU championship results from this season. (GPF is counted under Grand Prix results.) If my math's right, Yuzu will have 3786 points to Nate's 2880. And just eyeballing it, I don't think anyone else will be able to catch him.

1 minute ago, river said:

Yes, but after the end of the season, everything moves down a row... so 2019-2020 is 100%, 2018-2019 is 70%, and 2017-2018 drops off the list entirely. So, because Nathan didn't go to 4CC, he doesn't have any ISU championship results from this season. (GPF is counted under Grand Prix results.) If my math's right, Yuzu will have 3786 points to Nate's 2880. And just eyeballing it, I don't think anyone else will be able to catch him.

I think 100 % for 19/20 100% 18/19 and 70% 17/18. world standing total is always around 5000 for the past few seasons so those numbers you calc look kinda low.. nathan won world champions twice for the past two seasons and gpf for the past 3 so i doubt he would get lower than yuzu. yuzu missed out a lot of comps both worlds and gpf for several seasons ans his total score suffered a lot..it was the help of olympic games that he got #1 for 17/18 but nathan won championshop the same season so his total has been really high. i dont believe his ranking will suffer just bc he misses out the championship. if he performs poorly next season then i can see yuzu ranking higher again but idk..my gut feeling is telling me the score for yuzu is already updated and hes still 2nd. but like i already mentioned i do hope i am wrong so ill wait

3 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

i hope ur right! but if u could check the scores that are updated right now on the isu site and confirm later thatd be appreciated..i really want a true happy news 

If my math is not failing me, after adjusting Nathan will have 2880 points, Yuzu 3786 - big lead :) Shoma 2639,

Actually, Aliev will be second with 2957, Nate third, and Jason closely behind 2844. Shoma will fall in the standings because of his disastrous GP and no 4CC.

On the one hand obviously disappointing that we don't get to see our boy anymore this season, but on a positive note Yuzu can get an early start on his summer break and have some much deserved rest. Even more so if the summer shows get postponed.

He will have more time to decompress, get in a new mindset and hopefully whip up some really awesome fresh programs for next season. :grouphug:

11 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

I think 100 % for 19/20 100% 18/19 and 70% 17/18. world standing total is always around 5000 for the past few seasons so those numbers you calc look kinda low.. nathan won world champions twice for the past two seasons and gpf for the past 3 so i doubt he would get lower than yuzu. yuzu missed out a lot of comps both worlds and gpf for several seasons ans his total score suffered a lot..it was the help of olympic games that he got #1 for 17/18 but nathan won championshop the same season so his total has been really high. i dont believe his ranking will suffer just bc he misses out the championship. if he performs poorly next season then i can see yuzu ranking higher again but idk..my gut feeling is telling me the score for yuzu is already updated and hes still 2nd. but like i already mentioned i do hope i am wrong so ill wait

Right, but once they declare this season over, 17-18 means nothing, they'll be calculating based on 20-21 (100%), 19-20 (100%), and 18-19 (70%). So Nathan not doing any ISU championships or Challengers really hurts him until he can start adding points for 20-21, while Yuzu skated a full season, so he has the points from ACI and 4CC as well as the GP series (which is all Nathan has).

11 minutes ago, airi said:

If my math is not failing me, after adjusting Nathan will have 2880 points, Yuzu 3786 - big lead :) Shoma 2639,

Actually, Aliev will be second with 2957, Nate third, and Jason closely behind 2844. Shoma will fall in the standings because of his disastrous GP and no 4CC.

Samarin has 3046... so far he's the last one I've calculated, but I have him in second. No idea if someone will go in front of him.

I feel really sorry for skaters who were preparing for the most important competition of the season of really not easy and expensive sport that is figure skating.

Spoiler

But ngl, the fact that ISU has now to refund these overpriced tickets, that their fan fest and idiotic awards not happened - that's beyond satisfying.

2 minutes ago, river said:

Right, but once they declare this season over, 17-18 means nothing, they'll be calculating based on 20-21 (100%), 19-20 (100%), and 18-19 (70%). So Nathan not doing any ISU championships or Challengers really hurts him until he can start adding points for 20-21, while Yuzu skated a full season, so he has the points from ACI and 4CC as well as the GP series (which is all Nathan has).

Samarin has 3046... so far he's the last one I've calculated, but I have him in second. No idea if someone will go in front of him.

Oh ok, I forgot Samarin exists :D either way, Yuzu will lead again, unless they don't recalculate in case Worlds are rescheduled to October (which is ridiculous and is already happening in another season...)

Well it's really not that important actually, but nice still :) He would not lose that lead if not for two half-missed seasons.