Jump to content
Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Geo1 said:

 

I'm quite happy with NordVPN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Thank you for this - I will experiment next week :thanks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

 

I'm quite happy with NordVPN. 

I am new to the world of VPN and would really appreciate info on how/if people are using it to watch FS broadcasts that are geoblocked.  TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuzu's interview right after Origin at ACI was aired a few minutes ago.

He was unbelievably beautiful here... I was waiting for this TV program the whole week and I'm so satisfied now :67638860:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish that I would be able to understand Japanese 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

Yuzu's interview right after Origin at ACI was aired a few minutes ago.

He was unbelievably beautiful here... I was waiting for this TV program the whole week and I'm so satisfied now :67638860:

 

 

 

I don't know... it is really painful to watch. I don't understand him, but even from his face, I can tell, he was unhappy. Like very unhappy. To the point he has tears in his voice. I think he was very kuyiashi. 

I am okay with Yuzu messing up his elements and getting less points for that reason, but this... this is just a painful injustice. I am still salty and seeing this is not helping. :deadinside:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope for a kind merciful soul to give us a clue about what is all about that Yuzuru is talking about in this interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 часа назад, daisyjune сказал:

Yuzu's interview right after Origin at ACI was aired a few minutes ago.

He was unbelievably beautiful here... I was waiting for this TV program the whole week and I'm so satisfied now :67638860:

 

 

I wonder if Japanese TV also shows protocols to other skaters that much? Sometimes I wish they would ask a lot not only about jumps but about mood of the program, did it changed from last season etc. (but don't think that I understand more then a couple of words here).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

his face in this interview sort of says it all ....but hopefully some kind soul will sub it for us ....in the mean time even if I don't understand a word it's still nice to hear his voice,natural and confident in his native tongue.

 

 

 

 

Off topic

Spoiler

I just emailed Eurosport again hoping for an answer about the season,if they are going to air it or not,funny thing is if you go to their website all the GP dates are there but then you switch to eurosport player and there's nothing...:cursing:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually the content of this interview, we already kinda got snippets of it... I think I got the main sense out of most phrases but I don't feel confident translating it, although I can say some things. He first talks about the protocols a bit (only the Free's I think), the fact that the two 4T's got UR calls felt "painful" to him, even though he knows that he couldn't do 4Loop and 4Salchow well. Then he said that the 3Lutz had all the rotations to it and the entry was the shortest he could come up with, but then I didn't get how he felt about the score he got. 

He kinda repeats that he has to skate clean and skating clean is the most important thing, even if he does it in practice, he has to do it in competition. Because if not skating clean, the score will not be the one he wants, it will not be there. 

Then they talk about "Sutokku" and I have no idea what they mean?? hahahaha. 

But then he goes to talk about GOE and how winning thanks to high GOE's is his type of skating, but he realized that he cannot only win with that thanks to last year's World Championships. He talks a bit about his style of skating, and then they ask him about ranking and I remember for sure that we got some translations about this part of the interview. I think he says that first the important thing about ranking is that he is able to be in competitions without any problems (injuries). 

And then they go on and talk about the 4A and how hard is it to land it, and how risky is it to practice it... he sounds very serious during all the interview, he must have been very pissed about his scores - not saddened, not angry at himself I think... pissed at whoever URed his clean 4T's probably lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

 

Then they talk about "Sutokku" and I have no idea what they mean?? hahahaha. 

This is a direct loanword from English, 'stock'. The interviewer asks like 'what kind of stocks can you pull out/what kind of capacity do you have in stock' and Yuzu says 'various things' and goes on to talk about how he'd ideally like to win based on GOE but, as his experience at World Championships showed, he can't rely on GOE alone, so must bring in other things as well (other kinds of 'stock' I guess). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Actually the content of this interview, we already kinda got snippets of it... I think I got the main sense out of most phrases but I don't feel confident translating it, although I can say some things. He first talks about the protocols a bit (only the Free's I think), the fact that the two 4T's got UR calls felt "painful" to him, even though he knows that he couldn't do 4Loop and 4Salchow well. Then he said that the 3Lutz had all the rotations to it and the entry was the shortest he could come up with, but then I didn't get how he felt about the score he got. 

He kinda repeats that he has to skate clean and skating clean is the most important thing, even if he does it in practice, he has to do it in competition. Because if not skating clean, the score will not be the one he wants, it will not be there. 

Then they talk about "Sutokku" and I have no idea what they mean?? hahahaha. 

But then he goes to talk about GOE and how winning thanks to high GOE's is his type of skating, but he realized that he cannot only win with that thanks to last year's World Championships. He talks a bit about his style of skating, and then they ask him about ranking and I remember for sure that we got some translations about this part of the interview. I think he says that first the important thing about ranking is that he is able to be in competitions without any problems (injuries). 

And then they go on and talk about the 4A and how hard is it to land it, and how risky is it to practice it... he sounds very serious during all the interview, he must have been very pissed about his scores - not saddened, not angry at himself I think... pissed at whoever URed his clean 4T's probably lol. 

 

Last night I watched his interview, felt very happy, and went to bed... I understand his Japanese perfectly while my English is far from perfect.

I wait for someone good at both languages translate this nice interview, but you understand almost everything :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:. About 3Lz, he said "It was (highly) evaluated." Obviously he's happy about it.

His tone during the interview is serious but very positive. He might have been a bit angry with himself and his scores, but still he was very calm and his mind is analytical. His words on the board is "to become the strongest myself ever" and this is for Montreal Worlds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...