General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

Think the articles mentioned that his jump layout would be 4S 3A//4T3T for the short, which is ole chopin layout. Which is fine, SP is more about staying as clean as possibly and getting into top6. If he gets +3 to +5 GOEs on all his jump elements going clean, he's fine...he'll probably exceed his SP record.

(To be fair though,I could just as easily see the layout go 4Lo 3A//4T3T but I need to hear the music cut and see bits of his SP to make up my mind-wait is that why he's quibbling on the news releases of his SP? Because fans managed to guess his CoR layout last year with just half-arsed footage?)

12 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

It has actually, he said it's 4S. I think there was some talk on whether or not 4A could be the solo quad in the SP. Personally, I think that'd be riskier than doing it in the free...

And it's not like they couldn't show us footage Nessie-less. Last year they hid the 4Lz-3T for months after media day, though they did show us stuff

ooh okay I must have missed that one with the full layout :smiley-ashamed005: my bad.. don't let my run of the mill thought confuses you guys lolol

11 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Personally, I think that'd be riskier than doing it in the free...

Agreed. Although I doubt that'd stop him, if he wanted to do it.

Also consider that he probably can't just pop the 4A out of nowhere like he does with 3A and that he's already mentioned that the FS is a lot 'busier and harder' at 4min. Just based on potential time constraints alone, I could be convinced that the SP might be Nessie territory.

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also consider that he probably can't just pop the 4A out of nowhere like he does with 3A and that he's already mentioned that the FS is a lot 'busier and harder' at 4min. Just based on potential time constraints alone, I could be convinced that the SP might be Nessie territory.

Hmm, actually, I do wonder about his LP layout that he announced. We don't have the full music cut yet, but I'd almost say:

4A 4T 3Lo //4S 4T3T 3ALo3S 3A2T for his 7 jumping passes if he brings out Nessie in the long, 4 quad passes total, first half still have 3 jumps, second half done in a way that matches the jump patterns of his past competitions. 

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

and considering the stamina needed for the 4A

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Hmm, actually, I do wonder about his LP layout that he announced. We don't have the full music cut yet, but I'd almost say:

4A 4T 3Lo //4S 4T3T 3ALo3S 3A2T for his 7 jumping passes if he brings out Nessie in the long, 4 quad passes total, first half still have 3 jumps, second half done in a way that matches the jump patterns of his past competitions. 

Are you sure he's gonna keep that loop a triple...? 

Translation of yahoo article by @yude from GS

Yuzuru doesn't watch other skaters' videos very often but he has watched Plushenko and Weir many times, and also Yagudin and Honda. He still watches videos in 6.0 system era (around Salt Lake City Olympics) because he loves skaters' performances in those days. Currently he has been watching Ice dance and Pairs, too. When he studies his performances on YT (he didn't say "YT" but I think it is), he watches a lot of videos on the recommendation list, mostly starts with Plushenko's. Sorry for the short summary.