General Yuzuru Chat

23 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

*gasp* What do my eyes see here? No, no. Nobody is boring! We're all unique and interesting! Plus you're a Yuzuru Hanyu fan. Precious man, gentle man. But also, Extra Man. By osmosis we all also get a bit extra as time passes. Or a bit more than a bit but you know, details, details. Anyway. It's how we survive basically. And then, you realize, that figure skating is like a giant soap opera. It's bad but so so good. Cue Russian drama music. Before you know it, you're very very extra and life is a party. And you're missing a good half of your hair, and the other half is grey but oh hey. Yuzuru rocks. Welcome to YH fandom, we're all a bit nutty but it's fun :D

tumblr_n0sw52vPdf1tszb8po1_r1_500.gif

PS your English is great, shhh. 

PPS we have a World Cup thread, just saying!

Thank you so much! I actually did a post on twitter a while ago stating that I never thought figure skating had more drama, gossip and plot twists than "telenovelas", lol. And yeah, Yuzuru is amazing. I am really glad I discovered (?) this young man, he's giving me a lot of happiness and also life lessons, and trust me, I never thought this would be possible, at the moment. I'm not that involved with World Cup because of some problems but of course I root for my country, but I will check the thread when I have time. Anyway, thank you again for the welcome and I will try to get more active :dancingpooh:

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, robin said:

Are those ruffles torn or is it supposed to be like that?

It's been like that since the first showing. Plus we know how good of care Yuzu (and mama Hanyu) takes with his costumes. It's a bit distracting when he's more stationary and raising his arms, but works well when he's skating.

The man who keeps giving. This time he donated around 1,600,000 yen to Sendai Ice Rink. Over the years he had donated over 27 million yen to the ice rink.

On one hand I am so proud of him, yet a tiny part of me is like, "Yuzu, you better save some for your retirement and family fund. Don't you know starting a family is going to be expensive!" lol

4 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

The man who keeps giving. This time he donated around 1,600,000 yen to Sendai Ice Rink. Over the years he had donated over 27 million yen to the ice rink.

On one hand I am so proud of him, yet a tiny part of me is like, "Yuzu, you better save some for your retirement and family fund." lol!

We stan a giver.

If you tally how much he gets from winning each season, pretty much each year he's donating almost all his competition earnings. And relative to his net-worth, how much he's given is a lot. :sadPooh:

29 minutes ago, Xen said:

We stan a giver.

If you tally how much he gets from winning each season, pretty much each year he's donating almost all his competition earnings. And relative to his net-worth, how much he's given is a lot. :sadPooh:

I wish we could get a net-worth on him! He doesn't even do as many commercials and endorsements as he could, but the ones he has must be lucrative.

I'm also a bit curious if he gets a cut of all the photo exhibit merchandise, they must've sold a ton if you think about those lines.

14 minutes ago, kiches said:

I wish we could get a net-worth on him! He doesn't even do as many commercials and endorsements as he could, but the ones he has must be lucrative.

I'm also a bit curious if he gets a cut of all the photo exhibit merchandise, they must've sold a ton if you think about those lines.

No idea what his net worth is, but given how popular he is + how successful most nearly ALL his ventures are, i'd say he (hopefully) doesn't have anything to worry about :)

For most sports, the competition earnings aren't...a lot...but it's the endorsements that add up. Figure skating probably isn't one of those sports, but Yuzu is a different story!