General Yuzuru Chat

hace 9 minutos , lazuliblade said:

I made a little thing to recap Yuzuru's visit to Naraha. I put links to the news snippets, included references to other times he's visited or done projects for the areas, and try to explain the significance behind his visit here. http://lazuliblade.tumblr.com/post/175536700513/yuzurus-visit-to-naraha-fukushima-732018
I was really touched by reading about his visit after a packed off-season, and just wanted to spread the love for this amazing man. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp:

You are so amazing! Thanks a lot!!!!

:thanks::tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

So, the real off season dawns upon us, and with it, our second season in this great community is getting closer:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:.

To make space for the new season, all threads from the 2017-2018 season have been archived here:

https://planethanyu.com/forum/37-2017-2018-season/

The forum is locked so you can't post on the threads anymore (necromancy is bad:hexer:) but you can relive all the craziness of past season's competitions and streaming parties:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

@robin made a handy index for the events, and it's up to date! So if you're having trouble finding something, you can look through it:

Let the off season begin!!!!:darklordyuzu:

On 7/3/2018 at 1:18 PM, Danibellerika said:

Thanks for these links. I didn't realise it's the whole event and ended up watching it (again) for the whole 4 hours last night :13877886:

I still remember when I watched the oly live streaming, I was nervous wreck. Sitting in front of my laptop and praying as I watched Yuzu skated his SP. It was like a dream. I screamed when he finished and was shaking with excitement. I was so happy to see Yuzu skating again after the months of total black out. I will never forget about this day. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I've  watched the program about Tanaka san (one of the photographer uncles). It was quite interesting to know his insight as a sports photographer. Not sure if someone is going to do translations but you can see his pick of the best shots of Yuzu and other skaters and some of them are amazing. Tanaka san said someday he would like to have a photo exhibition using the photos that he thinks the best shot of various skaters. The best shot in terms of capturing the expression that he thinks it's the best or the expression he likes. Because of the photographers who captures the moments that are otherwise disappears as we watch, we get to enjoy the amazing moments long after it's happened. He also said he wants to be like an uncle who is close enough but not too close to keep some distance with the skaters in order to take good photographs. I wish I could translate the whole program but I haven't got the time or the skill so have to leave it to someone with more suitable skill to undertake the task (hopefully...).

23 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

*gasp* What do my eyes see here? No, no. Nobody is boring! We're all unique and interesting! Plus you're a Yuzuru Hanyu fan. Precious man, gentle man. But also, Extra Man. By osmosis we all also get a bit extra as time passes. Or a bit more than a bit but you know, details, details. Anyway. It's how we survive basically. And then, you realize, that figure skating is like a giant soap opera. It's bad but so so good. Cue Russian drama music. Before you know it, you're very very extra and life is a party. And you're missing a good half of your hair, and the other half is grey but oh hey. Yuzuru rocks. Welcome to YH fandom, we're all a bit nutty but it's fun :D

tumblr_n0sw52vPdf1tszb8po1_r1_500.gif

PS your English is great, shhh. 

PPS we have a World Cup thread, just saying!

Thank you so much! I actually did a post on twitter a while ago stating that I never thought figure skating had more drama, gossip and plot twists than "telenovelas", lol. And yeah, Yuzuru is amazing. I am really glad I discovered (?) this young man, he's giving me a lot of happiness and also life lessons, and trust me, I never thought this would be possible, at the moment. I'm not that involved with World Cup because of some problems but of course I root for my country, but I will check the thread when I have time. Anyway, thank you again for the welcome and I will try to get more active :dancingpooh:

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, robin said:

Are those ruffles torn or is it supposed to be like that?

It's been like that since the first showing. Plus we know how good of care Yuzu (and mama Hanyu) takes with his costumes. It's a bit distracting when he's more stationary and raising his arms, but works well when he's skating.