General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

..how can we possibly survive exposure to the next level of skating genius he ascends to?? I dunno, but I guess I'm going to have to risk it! SO EXCITED FOR THIS COMING SEASON

Well if Haru Yo Koi is anything to go by, we are in for a glorious experience come the new season!!:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

OsPyyfl.gif

Wishing Yuzuru a productive couple of months training .... oh and btw please be CAREFUL Yuzu!! (Yuzu and careful are maybe not such a good match! 😱😂)

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As you get older, you start to realize the kind of dedicated selflessness and giving Yuzu is doing is only possible when you're young. He's able to do it because he's 23.

Also, adding in to the general discussion re: his potential to earn, Yuzuru seems like the kind of kid who'd always worry about whether his parents had enough, so even if he were raking it in in endorsements, I bet they'd be the ones getting most of it. 

@KatjaThera To answer your question about Toronto living: Compared to Tokyo it's cheap. Compared to Sendai, it might be expensive. 

I see your point about being young. Personally, though, I'm more used to selfish and self-centered youth, who, if they ever got that much money, they'd rather spend it for their own pleasures and maybe just give some to family. I'm not sure how many 23 years old would donate that much. But I could just be too cynical lol.

(On the other hand, I'm sure someone more mature might think twice before giving money to local authorities, from worrying how it would be used, so there's that as well.)

I agree that he's definitely going to want to take care of his parents and sister and probably grandparents, extended family, etc. I don't think his family was ever poor, though, so they might not need that much? But we don't really know.

And thank you for that information!

3 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Wait so are they broadcasting it!?

Also, aww that smile. But it must be when he fell from the jump and felt embarrassed. ;_;

a 55minutes version, I think? But it says tomorrow, so... it's broadcasted today? Or tomorrow, depending on the time in Japan when that aired? ^_^;

Also, quite a few skaters were filming another episode of Honoo no Taiikukan yesterday in Tokyo. I do think it's unlikely they got Yuzu as well, but it could be fun to see him in variety shows at some point. Especially ones that include physical activities and competing!

7 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

a 55minutes version, I think? But it says tomorrow, so... it's broadcasted today? Or tomorrow, depending on the time in Japan when that aired? ^_^;

Also, quite a few skaters were filming another episode of Honoo no Taiikukan yesterday in Tokyo. I do think it's unlikely they got Yuzu as well, but it could be fun to see him in variety shows at some point. Especially ones that include physical activities and competing!

Ah, then they probably won't even air the finale, despite teasing us with it. :anger:

I kind of feel like Yuzu won't ever do a variety, at least not until he stops competing. He seems to prefer talk shows at least, and maybe that's because he doesn't like to feel out of his element or maybe also because he's really cautious with his image.

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm more used to selfish and self-centered youth, who, if they ever got that much money, they'd rather spend it for their own pleasures and maybe just give some to family. I'm not sure how many 23 years old would donate that much. But I could just be too cynical lol.

I hear you. However, I suspect that in the Tohoku region, people Yuzu's age who lived through 3/11 probably share his attitudes regarding donating to reconstruction efforts. He just happens to be the one with the resources to actually do something about it. 

But I was alluding to the fact that when you're still young enough to have idealism and energy, sacrificing so much and giving selflessly comes more naturally than when you're older, disillusioned, and cynical. I hope Yuzu never loses his idealistic outlook. That is all

7 minutes ago, Sammie said:

his “cat that got the cream” expression is on point  :10814716: 

can this be the next emoji? :68468287:

I think I'm adding a new magazine to my acquisition list... this is too priceless LOL

18 時間前, kaerythさんが言いました:

Hanyuconomy update via google translate (please correct me if I got it wrong): In Fujisaki (a department store in Sendai), sales for small accessories made from Sendaihira for the past 2-4 days (after Yuzu wore the hakama on TV) have already exceeded the amount of sales for the whole month of June.

ETA: Video!

In the video clip, the sales lady said the foreign customers came and they (she didn't say how many) purchased Sendaihira products for themselves and others as souvenirs. I wonder if they were the members of this forum :giggle:

10 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Actual depiction of when Yuzu emerges from his cave:

Amaterasu_cave_edit2.jpg

Awww, now I want to see Yuzuru dressed up as a Shinto deity... not sure if Amaterasu, with all that hair, would be the best choice, but after all, he is the sun...