General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Omg, JG is still doing the "Today's Yuzu" thing?  :facepalm: 

We should do our own "Today's Yuzu" using nothing but meme-faces.

Like..."Today's Yuzu- this is a pissed off Yuzu, when the announcer called him Yuzuru Hanyu from China" :

4 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

Or a yuzu (pomelo) with Yuzu...speaking of which does he like oranges? It would be great to have him promote yuzu's for their awesome health benefits.

26 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Omg, JG is still doing the "Today's Yuzu" thing?  :facepalm: 

Lol I for one really like it, so he can keep on doing it as far as I'm concerned! :dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh: More Yuzu!! More Yuzu!!!! 

Also I'm interested to see how far he'll go...... Yuzu only has that many competitions..... 

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

We should do our own "Today's Yuzu" using nothing but meme-faces.

Like..."Today's Yuzu- this is a pissed off Yuzu, when the announcer called him Yuzuru Hanyu from China" :

I SECOND THIS MOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

Lol I for one really like it, so he can keep on doing it as far as I'm concerned! :dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh: More Yuzu!! More Yuzu!!!! 

Also I'm interested to see how far he'll go...... Yuzu only has that many competitions..... 

I SECOND THIS MOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Didn't he say he's doing thirty days of Yuzu or something?

On 5/11/2018 at 11:14 PM, Lilona said:

OMG, fandom is discussing that Yuzu lives with his mom xDDD. LOL!

Thought that was old news? Many interviews have made reference to the fact that his mum is with him in Toronto, cooks for him and ensures that he is getting his diet right - Yuzuru has mentioned this before as well. I also remember there was video clip in celebration of mothers (I'm presuming it was for Mother's Day or similar) where he thanks his mum, and makes reference to all the different things she does for him - most if not all of which were day-to-day household chores that implied she must live with him (or vica versa). I'm surprised it is a point of discussion, or is it just a case of some people trying to drum up news when none else exist?

And it's clearly not a unique situation either - seeing Mr Orser's (and some other media reports) recent comment about Zhenya's mum likely going to Toronto with Zhenya. Mr Orser's comment implied that he thought it was positive because of the support that these athletes get from their families, especially for someone like Zhenya and her mum being so close to each other (and we know Yuzuru is close to his mum as well - cf the rare interviews where his mum may be on tape, the one where his mum is showing the Zig costume to Johnny Weir comes to mind, as it shows the close interaction between Yuzuru and his mum very clearly). The flipside, however, is that not all athletes need or want this support - a Spanish documentary re Javier described him as social and outgoing, and made reference to the fact that he lived in Toronto independently of his family (in this same documentary, Mr Orser made comment that Yuzuru was more introverted and less social, and there was implication that therefore his mum being in Toronto with him was important).

1 minute ago, ajnats said:

I don't understand why people fixate on that so much. It seems to work for them and that's all there is to it. 

I have a feeling its just antis stirring the pot because there nothing for them to complain about during off season :yawn:  

38 минут назад, Cerunias сказал:

Thought that was old news? Many interviews have made reference to the fact that his mum is with him in Toronto, cooks for him and ensures that he is getting his diet right - Yuzuru has mentioned this before as well. I also remember there was video clip in celebration of mothers (I'm presuming it was for Mother's Day or similar) where he thanks his mum, and makes reference to all the different things she does for him - most if not all of which were day-to-day household chores that implied she must live with him (or vica versa). I'm surprised it is a point of discussion, or is it just a case of some people trying to drum up news when none else exist?

And it's clearly not a unique situation either - seeing Mr Orser's (and some other media reports) recent comment about Zhenya's mum likely going to Toronto with Zhenya. Mr Orser's comment implied that he thought it was positive, for the support that these athletes can get from their families, especially someone like Zhenya and her mum being so close to each other (and we know Yuzuru is close to his mum as well - cf the rare interviews where his mum may be on tape, the one where his mum is showing the Zig costume to Johnny Weir comes to mind, as it shows the close interaction between Yuzuru and his mum very clearly). The flipside, however, is that not all athletes need or want this support - a Spanish documentary re Javier described him as social and outgoing, and made reference to the fact that he lived in Toronto independently of his family (in this same documentary, Mr Orser made comment that Yuzuru was more introverted and less social, and there was implication that therefore his mum being in Toronto with him was important).

LOL was bcs I can't understand what there to discuss. First - it's no one business, second I don't find it strange. Like at all. It's common for Japanese and Korean culture to live with parents. Also, in Russia we usually do the same.

Zhenya moves to Toronto with mom in the mid-June after all Japanese shows. It was confirmed by Borser and Zhenya's mom.

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I have a feeling its just antis stirring the pot because there nothing for them to complain about during off season :yawn:  

This, it was just a few anons on curious cat stirring things up. It’s not news to fans or a big deal, etc.

1 hour ago, Lilona said:

LOL was bcs I can't understand what there to discuss. First - it's no one business, second I don't find it strange. Like at all. It's common for Japanese and Korean culture to live with parents. Also, in Russia we usually do the same.

Zhenya moves to Toronto with mom in the mid-June after all Japanese shows. It was confirmed by Borser and Zhenya's mom.

This is actually quite common in many cultures. There is no point to judge without considering the specific circumstance and needs. Independence is complicated; it does include living without protection/help from parents, however what's more important than that is making decisions on one's own and financially independent. I have to say that a lot of people nowadays focus way too much on the former, yet so in lack of the latter, which are actually far more important than whom you live with. In Yuzu's case, he's quite independent if you consider the latter standards.  

Javier's case doesn't add up here neither, because I am pretty sure it's easier for him language wise, culture wise and most importantly, cuisine wise, to adjust from Spain to Toronto. For Yuzu, he really needs to eat food that caters to his preference in order to carry on daily training; I totally support and thank for to his mom on making such sacrifice.  Otherwise he would have to learn to cook, find all kinds of Asian grocery stores, drive to mediocre restaurant? Been there done that myself I don't think it helps him at all to achieve what he aims for in Toronto. 

The person that can be compared to him might be Lang Lang. When he travels around the world to play piano, mom is usually on the side taking care of him. Neither of them are baby-ish, they just need someone to take care of daily chores so they can focus on their job, and that someone happens to be the most trusted and loving person in the world - mom.

I don't think there's much to talk about that subject, it's been known for years that mama Hanyu takes care of him in Toronto and it has worked very well:shrug:

If people are talking about that well, new fans must have found out about that and antis will always say bad stuff so i'd say just let them be:meditationf: