General Yuzuru Chat

Despite the $800 price tag for Category A seats for the Olympic Gala, the Category A Sears have also been in high demand (plenty of B though). I suspect maybe they reserved seats for VIP in A as this is one of the last events of the games, or maybe some thought Yuna Kim may skate so they bought tickets for the bests eats they could. 

14 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Nice article! It covered pretty much every important moment in Yuzuru's life and carreer (although it didn't mention last year's injury). I would have taken out that Yuri on Ice mention, which lowers the 'professional' perception of the article, but, okay. It's still nice! 

38 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

We saw in the NNN documentary that Yuzu would visit shrines to pray. A fan account says there's a banner and picture of Yuzu at Nagata Jinja in Kobe. (I'm betting Kobe fans will now flock to the shrine just as others do at Yuzuruha and Seimei jinja :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:)

Yuzu aside, that’s a really lovely shrine :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

... that will never have to worry about money ever again. :biggrin:

44 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Nice article! It covered pretty much every important moment in Yuzuru's life and carreer (although it didn't mention last year's injury). I would have taken out that Yuri on Ice mention, which lowers the 'professional' perception of the article, but, okay. It's still nice! 

I havn't really read the article yet, so I might be wrong, but why would popculture of the country native to athlete lower professional perception of article? Aside of the fact it wasn't connected to him, unless we count his Sochi Gold as the incentive for producers to hope that another skating anime might be interesting, a la Asada-Arakawa pre-Turin situation for Ginban Kaleidoscope.

47 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Bless you, you said last year's injury. It's last year's. That makes me irrationally happy and totally emo!

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Mm, there are some innaccuracies (e.g. gpf Barcellona was in 2015. But the most relevant is that Yuzuru has never skated to YOI theme, it was a fan montage:shrug:) and, as a stickler for writing and choice of words, I wish the author could have chosen different terms and phrasing in some passages...

but other than that it's a very good article for readers who have no idea of what they are missing :biggrin:

It focuses on what brought Yuzu to who he is now, some of his achievements and his stardom (no Pooh mention tho :P but it links to the NYT article).

It's funny that to show Yuzu's character it links to the yuzu-cat video :laughing:

Imo the best part is Ambesi's quote. Nothing we don't know  already, but always nice to read his "technical omnipotence and artistic excellence" :10636614:(how many hours Max has spent searching for the perfect formula, I wonder :10814716:

5 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

I havn't really read the article yet, so I might be wrong, but why would popculture of the country native to athlete lower professional perception of article? Aside of the fact it wasn't connected to him, unless we count his Sochi Gold as the incentive for producers to hope that another skating anime might be interesting, a la Asada-Arakawa pre-Turin situation for Ginban Kaleidoscope.

in this case? because there was a mention of Yuzuru skating to the YOI theme with a link to what I assume was a fanvid which just made me laugh. Also it was jammed in and compared Yuzu's admiration for Plushenko to Yuri's admiration of Victor which is a wee bit creepy. Th article would've been better without it.

4 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

in this case? because there was a mention of Yuzuru skating to the YOI theme with a link to what I assume was a fanvid which just made me laugh. Also it was jammed in and compared Yuzu's admiration for Plushenko to Yuri's admiration of Victor which is a wee bit creepy. Th article would've been better without it.

I actually wouldn't mind Yuzuru skating to the YOI theme, it was probably my favorite thing from the anime lol But that comparison... I'm guessing they might not know the full implications of Yuri's admiration of Victor... (Although a part of me still thinks the anime is less BL and more teasing/fanservice, but that's a different topic lol Also, personally, I find Yuri Plisetsky more like a younger Yuzu, than anyone else in the anime. In ambition and talent, at least, because Yuzu would never be as outright rude as Yuri lol) Also, if Yuzu skated to the YOI theme... I don't even want to imagine the reactions from the more extreme fans... So we're all better off without it, I think...