General Yuzuru Chat

14 hours ago, monchan said:

About Nats, I respect his own choice. It's a difficult situation for athletes to decide whether to compete. 

As much as I hope things will go safely, I can't guarantee if the organizers will take proper safety measures. FS in Japan has always been about money and TV ratings, who knows how much audience and media they will let in :dontknow:

I think NHK was limited to 50% capacity. It was still too much people. Most of the audience wore masks, but they were not space apart enough. It certainly didn't look safe for the audience. I think JNats will be the same. I can only hope that they have better safety precautions for the skaters. Personally, I don't trust the organizers to do their best to protect everyone. However, I do trust that Yuzu will carefully consider all the risks and make a decision that he feels is right for him, and I will support his decision. If he decides to compete, I will be :59227c768286a__s:, but I will also be excited to see him.

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just pray that - if he decides to compete - the journalists will not circle him again like a ravenous pack of wolves and push the microphone into his mouth, when he arrives. Please not, especially in the middle of a pandemic. The situation is dangerous and complicated enough without that madness.

They did that at the airport last time. So even if they have safety protocols in place at the arena, what about outside the arena? What about the hotel? 

Thank goodness JNats is in Nagano and not in Osaka, where COVID cases are spiking: https://www.nippon.com/en/japan-data/h00657/coronavirus-cases-in-japan-by-prefecture.html

COVID is not so bad in Nagano, so hopefully everything will be ok. :snonegai:

(Although we have a vaccine ready and being distributed right now, so really wish they would just cancel and wait until everyone can get vaccinated.)

2 часа назад, IceWings сказал:

They did that at the airport last time. So even if they have safety protocols in place at the arena, what about outside the arena? What about the hotel?

I hope press will have to keep distance, I din't follow in what format press-conference was done during NHK.

A recent interview with Nomura Mansai on the planned layout for the opening ceremony for Tokyo 2020 Olympics.  He speaks about his vision of returning to the origin of the Olympic spirit - away from commercialization and refocusing on the athletes.  He also speaks about simplicity and frugality. 

There is a section where Mansai speaks about his experience working with Hanyu-senshu on Seimei.   Specifically he makes reference to their shared senssibilities toward the creative process.  I have extracted the interesting paragraph that throws new insights on the way they shared that process (with my quick translation below). 

…あれだけ広い空間を一人で埋めないといけない。天地人という垂直軸と水平軸もあり、宇宙に向かう気持ち、氷という地面もあり、観客という人への意識もある。ジャンプするということは天への意識だ。そんな話をした。フィギュアスケートには職人的な技術力も必要だが、芸術性もある。単に回っていればいい、跳んでいればいいではない。アドバイスしたらすぐ変わった。元々その意識を持っていたから、僕の言ったことが響いた。そういう意味では羽生選手と僕は共通する。意識が近かった。

(In reference to single Figure Skating) there is a need to fill that enormous expanse of space (the rink) on one's own. (This space) is composed of the vertical axis and the horizontal axis called "Ten-Chi-Jin" (Heaven-Earth-Human) and comprises a feeling of opening towards the cosmic universe (heaven); there is also this "earth" called ice; and the consciousness of "humanity" in the form of the spectators.  To jump is to reach toward the heaven... We talked about such things.  Figure skating requires a very high (craftsman-like) level of technicality, but it also has to have artistry: it is not simply about turning or simply about jumping.  He (Hanyu) was able to absorb and incorporate these changes as soon as I gave advice.  Since he was already highly attuned to these sensibilities, my words immediately resonated /reverberated within him. In that sense, Hanyu and I have a common understanding. We are very close in our (artistic) sensibiltiies. 

PS  Mansai uses words that evoke musical notes and beating of the drum.  I tried to capture some of that feeling in the translation.  

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/d1719d2e35a1b17cca503fd5705429db362a9715

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

[NEWS] 

new video from JSF on twitter 

Yuzu's Part:love:

Google Translate 

We would like to thank all the fans who continue

to support us and the sponsors who support us as the

difficult situation continues. Your warm support will help the players.
We look forward to working with you in the future.