General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

WOOOOW!!! That's "half-a-leg" higher! :knc_yuzu1:

The new Lz is huge, but I don't think the difference is THAT big.

At COR the camera follows his jump and swings upwards after the take-off while the FaOI perspective barely changes. So the two footages are difficult to compare.

38 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

The new Lz is huge, but I don't think the difference is THAT big.

At COR the camera follows his jump and swings upwards after the take-off while the FaOI perspective barely changes. So the two footages are difficult to compare.

Yeah, camera angles can make apparent jump heights very misleading. What you really want to watch for is air time--there's a direct relationship between that and height (height in meters = 1.225*(time in seconds)^2), but that's not very accurate either at 30fps as discussed earlier.

14 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

No one I've seen has called it accurate without discarding human error (although I'll admit I don't know Russian). The "method" of calculating is based off simple high school physics -- and some were pointing out how close the results looked when compared to some ice scope data.

That jump being around 65-70 cm (but closer to 70) makes sense to me. 

I had someone tell me the Russian estimates for girls' quad/3a heights were "very accurate" one time, and iirc those graphics gave 1-2 cm ranges instead of the 6-8 cm differences you get from just counting or not counting a single frame at 30fps. Considering that some of the videos of the jumps they used were pulled off places like instagram, I highly doubt they were all shot at high frame rates. So that's what I was thinking of.

Sorry, guys.  My previous post was not accurate.

Originally, Yuzuru was planning to perform Masquerade on the second day, but the news on his practicing Masquerade was aired before the show, and fans expectations for the POTO program have heightened so much, so he changed the programs as he wanted to respond to expectations, according to this article (if you don't mind this article is from Josei-Seven :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid: )

This online article has ended halfway, but I read the above content in the actual magazine.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190530-00000009-pseven-spo

I should have noticed because he had actually got the costume ready :64341262:

Maybe my brain has scorched by having seen his programs, and not working properly.

4 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

so he changed the programs as he wanted to respond to expectations

It's so like Yuzu to do that, but it makes me fret. A person can tear themselves apart trying to respond to others' expectations. I hope he knows when to draw the line and stick to his original plan instead. 

Hanyu-kun for science textbooks! We are surprised at appearance to surprising place 😲 "Mom, Hanyu-kun is on it" came to show me ☺️

The water in Sendai City, where Hanyu was drinking at the parade and the conference after the monument announcement ceremony, is also sold at Fujisaki, so please after looking at the rose. The fish shop at the back of 2F underground. 111 yen We do not sell at stations.

Well, that was fun! My 26 year old, male, Persian co-worker just told me he thinks figure skating is cool, so I showed him LGC and Masquerade. He was admiring the cleanness of Yuzu's jumps:1497158260_5GOE:...but making assumptions about Yuzu's androgynous appearance. :headdesk:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's so like Yuzu to do that, but it makes me fret. A person can tear themselves apart trying to respond to others' expectations. I hope he knows when to draw the line and stick to his original plan instead. 

I'm sure that Yuzu has already gotten so used to being popular that he can deal with the pressure. He has always done what he feels is right and listened to his heart. And I believe he now also listens more to his body.

I think changing the program wasn't such a big deal, since both were probably ready to go. I feel that he knows very well which program got a stronger reaction from his fans and is more popular.

I trust that Yuzu knows best what to do for himself and his skating. If there's anyone who can deal with all the fame and success and still stay true to his pure self and integrity, it's Yuzu. :dancingpooh:

Just now, Yuzurella said:

I'm sure that Yuzu has already gotten so used to being popular that he can deal with the pressure. He has always done what he feels is right and listened to his heart. And I believe he now also listens more to his body.

I think changing the program wasn't such a big deal, since both were probably ready to go. I feel that he knows very well which program got a stronger reaction from his fans and is more popular.

I trust that Yuzu knows best what to do for himself and his skating. If there's anyone who can deal with all the fame and success and still stay true to his pure self and integrity, it's Yuzu. :dancingpooh:

Yes, and yet I still fret. I am an auntie, after all. It's in my nature.