General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

OMG! Yes, of course! :knc_yuzu1:

Exorcism of old demons Yuzu style. :clapping-smiley:

The boy always puts so many details and so much meaning into his programs, performances and costumes, it's amazing. There's always something new to discover.

:knc_yuzu1: How can someone pay so much detailed attention to everything like him?

41 minutes ago, Veveco said:

That height is insane :knc_yuzu1:

does anyone have the original video? this one is slowed down. I want to count frames and try to estimate how high he gets. I counted 23-24 real frames here which is like...an insane amount of air time corresponding to maybe 72-75 cm height. But I'm not sure if I counted accurately

10 minutes ago, shanshani said:

does anyone have the original video? this one is slowed down. I want to count frames and try to estimate how high he gets. I counted 23-24 real frames here which is like...an insane amount of air time corresponding to maybe 72-75 cm height. But I'm not sure if I counted accurately

start at 1:50:08

I counted 22, out of 30. Could be 23.

It's pointless to do it without 60 fps, though. These will always be overestimates. I'd say that's between 65-70 cm in height, so about as high as the ones in 2017 (which makes sense; the angles are different so it might look larger the way it's filmed here).

3 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

start at 1:50:08

I counted 22, out of 30. Could be 23.

Thanks. I got 23 on this one, which should correspond to approximately 72cm (whereas 22 would be 66cm). Pretty big error bars, but it's not insane given the height of his 3A according to icescope anyway. 24 would be a little crazy (80cm haha, not plausible). This video frame analysis doesn't seem as accurate as some people claim, not at 30 fps anyway, plus you have to make a judgment call about what frame the skater leaves the ice and what frame the skater lands.

7 minutes ago, shanshani said:

This video frame analysis doesn't seem as accurate as some people claim, not at 30 fps anyway, plus you have to make a judgment call about what frame the skater leaves the ice and what frame the skater lands.

No one I've seen has called it accurate without discarding human error (although I'll admit I don't know Russian). The "method" of calculating is based off simple high school physics -- and some were pointing out how close the results looked when compared to some ice scope data.

That jump being around 65-70 cm (but closer to 70) makes sense to me. 

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

OMG! Yes, of course! :knc_yuzu1:

Exorcism of old demons Yuzu style. :clapping-smiley:

The boy always puts so many details and so much meaning into his programs, performances and costumes, it's amazing. There's always something new to discover.

Oh!  I had simply thought the white was the mask and the black was Phantom’s hand!

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Current 4Lz looks bigger....

Whatever the exact height is, it's definitely higher than most competitive 4Lz's from the 18/19 season, aye? :laughing:

I hope that Yuzu can fix the landing. It would be some hell of a jump.

The attempt at COR practice on the right is still one of my all-time favorite 4Lz's. Only Kolyada's and Boyang's beauties could impress me like that.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:14 PM, eagle said:

-> when I read the interview, I got curious and searched a bit for Akira Kurosawa's movie soundtracks. He's legendary in Japanese movie directing. I get what Yuzuru meant. 

Kurosawa's later movie Ran(1985), the soundtrack was slowburn.

The others like 7 samurai sounded oldish, not surprising, it was from the 1950s.

Fun Fact time: Ran (1985) was Nomura Mansai-san, aka SEIMEI's film debut. He was 17 years old. 

https://binged.it/2K7lrOq

Sorry the pic isn't great. He supposed to be a blind flute player (with a terrible wig hiding most of his face:dry:).

6 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

Fun Fact time: Ran (1985) was Nomura Mansai-san, aka SEIMEI's film debut. He was 17 years old. 

Sorry the pic isn't great. He supposed to be a blind flute player (with a terrible wig hiding most of his face:dry:).

Everything is connected like a a perfect circle :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Akira Kurosawa is a legend in movies all over the world(italian spaghetti western king Sergio Leone owes a lot to him and so does Clint Eastwood).

3 hours ago, Flutterby said:

It's ok, a few years ago I downloaded the movie Ran. If I want, I can rewatch the scenes in HD.

Blind flute player....should the 2nd bro's wife's younger bro.