General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Hope & Legacy is modern and classical but very Japanese at the same time, really different from modern Western compositions. Seimei is not subtle like H&L and Yuzu had to work on it a lot as it was already pointed out.

Sadly ISU won't start banning warhorses anytime soon, it never happened before.

I haven't listened to a lot of modern classical music, however I would be very hard put to hear the Japanese elements in it. Perhaps it's the overall aesthetic. I'm just saying that to a casual listener it doesn't stick out. 

5 hours ago, Ferrer said:

I am not prejudiced at all honestly, was just saying that coz we all know Yuzu hadn't used any Japanese lyrics for anything international. Please don't assume the worst in people and be more realistic. We're fellow satellites, no one is better than anyone, just different. There is more than one standard in the world.

True and that's still not a reason to accept an unjust status quo. 

37 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

what happened? :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

I'm not a good translator, but it seems like they want Yuzu to get medical treatment for his hand and eye or around the eye area (something not normal?). Hope a better Japanese translator can clarify. Inflammation?

13 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

I'm not a good translator, but it seems like they want Yuzu to get medical treatment for his hand and eye (something).

Good. That hand was looking terrible, but what's this about his eye? 

Google translate says they're saying the opposite side (from the hand)  of his face and eyebrows is swollen. Whatever it is, the ones who said it might be an allergy or insect bite look like they're correct. 

I hope that Yuzu takes great care of himself! 

I prefer the performance of Masquerade but love the lyrics in Crystal Memories. Toshl's singing is very powerful. 

The fact that Yuzu chose both musical pieces, I agree, he is sharing himself with us.  

1 hour ago, Ashley2162018 said:

At what day was this swollen hand and face noticed? I don't see it in photos my eyes are probably so bad.

It’s a Monday tweet and i’m guessing she tweeted after watching the faoi broadcast. I cant really tell the right side of the face is swollen too. Maybe it is very subtle and i’m not the most observant person. But i sure hope the swollen hand will be healed soon. I hope it’s not painful that he has to take painkiller to skate. I kind of hate words like Lutz and painkiller now.

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

Is it really that new? For me it looks like come back to young Romeo.:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

The fierceness resembles that of young Romeo. But Romeo had an innocent air about him. His passion was that of an unrestrained young boy who has yet to experience and understand the depth of life.

This new Phantom oozes sensuality and regality. He expresses the kind of maturity that comes with age, with many battles fought, with experiences of victories as well as defeats, joy as well as pain.

Also, Romeo was cute, but Phantom is sexy.  :pouty:

2 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

The fierceness resembles that of young Romeo. But Romeo had an innocent air about him. His passion was that of an unrestrained young boy who has yet to experience and understand the depth of life.

This new Phantom oozes sensuality and regality. He expresses the kind of maturity that comes with age, with many battles fought, with experiences of victories as well as defeats, joy as well as pain.

Also, Romeo was cute, but Phantom is sexy.  :pouty:

Well said.  The control he has over his skating compared to R&J 1.0 is pretty amazing.

About Masquarade and Crystal Memories, I sure hope they return after faoi. I’m not sure how they can be done for both to be ex. How about taking Gold at Worlds and do one ex and then another encore? 

Am secretly hoping Crystal Memories as ex for the new season (please keep Toshi’s voice) and adapting Masquarade to POTO music (I personally don’t mind recycling this...)

56 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

It’s a Monday tweet and i’m guessing she tweeted after watching the faoi broadcast. I cant really tell the right side of the face is swollen too. Maybe it is very subtle and i’m not the most observant person. But i sure hope the swollen hand will be healed soon. I hope it’s not painful that he has to take painkiller to skate. I kind of hate words like Lutz and painkiller now.

It might be about the Waseda pictures. His eye does seem a bit swollen in that, but that can be for any number if reasons. Eyes are sensitive, so I think swelling around the eyes is more common and can have nothing to do with the hand issue. Or he might be going through a phase where his immune system isn't at full capacity, so he gets plagued by various small issues. Traveling, combined with I think, some big temperature changes in Japan might have contributed to that.

Someone mentioned on facebook that his hand looked to be red/bruised/whatever already in the rehearsal clips, but I tried looking and it was hard for me to tell. It might be, but the angles aren't really good enough for me to say for sure.

19 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Wow... Japan embassy in Canada tweeted about Yuzu at FaOI.

Has anyone checked out their full Twitter? Every tweet has between 20 -40 likes, and then there's Yuzuru - 1500 likes and counting. :LOL:

Seems like Laureus and Olymipc Channel aren't the only ones who've discovered the social media power of our boy. :9: