General Yuzuru Chat

15 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

Lol while I appreciate the Yuzu focused CM immensely, I also do kind of feel a bit sad for the other skaters that they aren't even featured..... Like they are all talented and decorated skaters in their own right, with fans of their own. There was no way that Yuzu wasn't going to be the main selling point, but not even having a single shot of any of the others makes me uncomfortable....:slinkaway:

As @Yatagarasu said, they've been airing non-Yuzu promo until the news of his participation got released.

Non-Yuzu promo for the show

But they are introducing so many participants in a short time so it's really tough to know who will come to Kanazawa only with this clip :68468287:
(More than 20 skaters are going to perform in Kanazawa)

There's non-Yuzu promo for a one-day bus tour too.

1 hour ago, Lilona said:

Forgive me my philosophical mood today but I love Yuzuru Hanyu because when I saw him, my faith in humankind began to resurrect. And at this point of my life, I lost almost all faith in decency of our species.

I felt exactly the same. A lot of people criticised the Foreign Press Club interviewer but what he said about Hanyu skating “truth” was right on. 

Everyday I see pictures or videos of Yuzu that I've never seen before.

I'm amazed by the sheer amount of media relating to Yuzu on the internet :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp: 

He is definitely the most photographed & videoed figure skater (or athlete) in the world...:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: :10636614:

And funny thing is, when I google searched Yuzu  photos, the one that I liked was linked back to the PH :LOL:

Belated happy birthday to the Planet! What an incredible, distressing, miraculous, fantastic year~ I had no idea what I signed up for when I began posting but I’m just glad I did because being a fan of yuzu is only better when it’s done with more people. Thank you to everyone who’s made this place such a great place to find resources and an oasis of yuzu content during all the Explosions, the Great Drought and Recycled White Tshirt Plague, the TV Asahi Trolling, and of course for all the communal tears, delight and emotion through all the competitions, events, watch parties, live reports and historic moments we witnessed. May there be many more amazing events to come 

:9:

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I felt exactly the same. A lot of people criticised the Foreign Press Club interviewer but what he said about Hanyu skating “truth” was right on. 

This just happened to pop in my tl 

So I was hoping Yuzu did a TV talkshow like Asaichi after 2 peat OGM but he decided to do 2 P and G talkshow lol. Which is cool but I was also hoping for a TV Appearance . Guess my hope won't come true because yuzu rarely does TV appearances.. Which I respect him allthemore because it does create a mystery about him. There is a talk show in Japan called Shabekuri 007 which Javi was on, so I was hoping yuzu came on one day. That show is like The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in Japan

http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/post/173449472069/cr-kiml99

Just a rough translation:

In this clip with Shoma and the speed skaters, Ayaka Kikuchi (speed skater) says that on that day, they had a lot of time to talk to Yuzu on the bus, and they talked about many things like skating etc (can't really catch the rest). She thinks that his impression of them might have changed after that, so she wants Yuzu to give them each a nickname.

Yuzu: Shoma will be Shoma, is that okay? :laughing: [can't catch his reasoning, someone help], so Kodaira-san will be Ko-san :smiley-laughing021:No-san (Ayano Sato), Na-san (Nana Takagi), Mi-san (Miho Takagi), and then I was thinking about Ka-san (for Ayaka Kikuchi), but then that's a bit wrong (kaa-san = mother), then I thought, maybe Aya-san, then that would clash with Ayano-san. No-san, Na-san, Mi-san, what should I do? Ki-san? [dunno what he's saying here] (turns to Kodaira-san) Is it okay to call you Ko-san?

Kodaira-san: Yes. Hanyu-kun, what do you want me to call you?

Yuzu: If we're following this flow, then Yu-san? Eh, anything is fine.

Kodaira-san: Since everyone calls you that, then Yuzu. Shoma is fine for Shoma. :laughing:

(Sorry for the incoherent translation, I hope someone who caught more of what he said in between could help :13877886:)