General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

IKR!!!

I was too giddy and was laughing nonstop, I think I spook him. But, I mean, I know where he lives:smiley-laughing021:My next mission confirmed: adding one fanboy to the forum :biggrin: 

Nah I don’t believe a Yuzu fan can faze a Yuzu fan. We’ve survived the 2018 Olympics, after all :P 

We depend on you to raise our male percentage:rofl: 

21 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

IKR!!!

I was too giddy and was laughing nonstop, I think I spook him. But, I mean, I know where he lives:smiley-laughing021:My next mission confirmed: adding one fanboy to the forum :biggrin: 

Spoiler

Your story sounds like destiny to me

watch out for da boi 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

They didn't even bother to show any of the other skaters :rofl:

Lol while I appreciate the Yuzu focused CM immensely, I also do kind of feel a bit sad for the other skaters that they aren't even featured..... Like they are all talented and decorated skaters in their own right, with fans of their own. There was no way that Yuzu wasn't going to be the main selling point, but not even having a single shot of any of the others makes me uncomfortable....:slinkaway:

1 minute ago, OonsieHui said:

Lol while I appreciate the Yuzu focused CM immensely, I also do kind of feel a bit sad for the other skaters that they aren't even featured..... Like they are all talented and decorated skaters in their own right, with fans of their own. There was no way that Yuzu wasn't going to be the main selling point, but not even having a single shot of any of the others makes me uncomfortable....:slinkaway:

Is this the only CM about it? For all we know, there were others before this one, featuring the other skaters and now, since he's added, he is prominently featured in this one.

I think it's just fine, they'd never neglect peeps.

12 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

It's probably just a cut...Japan is usually very good at showcasing all skaters...sometimes they have separate commercials for each skater

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:
On 4/29/2018 at 6:06 PM, Floria said:

FaOI Kanazawa CM

They didn't even bother to show any of the other skaters :rofl:

They didn't need to.  They knew that once word got out that Yuzu would be appearing any leftover tickets would be gone within hours, if not minutes.  They know that Yuzuru Hanyu is by far the biggest draw in figure skating.  His name connected with any competition or show is a guaranteed sellout and any local stores, if they know Yuzu is coming they'll stock up on Pooh stuff.

PS - Plus if it is a competition they need to enlist a whole brigade of flower boys and girls to handle the Poohvalanches.

4 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

You are evil. :13877886::tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380: I really can't watch all the Olympic fluff normally: it is poisoned by my knowledge about painkillers. But I still watch it (just like Boston Requiem).

In my language there is an expression used by fans (not sure, figure skating ones or any): "to eat glass" (meaning broken glass pieces). Describes the broken heart of a fan, worried about an athlete, but continuing to read / watch.

Kinda OT

This made me think of the little mermaid :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380::

You will still have the same floating gracefulness of movement, and no dancer will ever tread so lightly; but at every step you take it will feel as if you were treading upon sharp knives

So this is still happening. I wonder if it is an actual feature or if it's part of a '100 most influential athletes' as I saw mentioned or rumored. 

Edit: I'm nervous about this, I pray that it is respectful and does him justice without focusing on pooh...

4 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Is this the only CM about it? For all we know, there were others before this one, featuring the other skaters and now, since he's added, he is prominently featured in this one.

I think it's just fine, they'd never neglect peeps.

I think this is actually a CM for a company running a bus tour with FaOI tickets. Their website also changed to "HANYU WILL ATTEND!" once the announcement was made. I'm sure they sold whatever they had left in 5 seconds. :P

5 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Interrupting the clouds, with this:

(Mods, if it's too OT, feel free to move it to Random Thoughts Theater)

Hide contents

I know it's the Planet's birthday, but I am the one receiving a present:

TKWKH4j6iw2nWINQgLQqft50xAaKmkEYFISTJTvr

And this comes with a rather interesting story.

So, I am just back from an internship in another city. This packet was delivered to my place 2 days ago. My room is 511, and the tenant in 115 took it instead. He wrote a note telling me he took the packet which I found slipped underneath my door. So, I went downstairs to take it. I, of course, asked him why he took it, cz I know it would get taxed, he would have had to pay almost €30 (which he did, but don't worry, I'll reimburse him). He told me he 1) is slightly dyslexic, 2) was way too excited because he was waiting for the very same packet!!! Yes, I found a fanboy in my building. He only realised that it's not his because when he opened it (!!!) the sizes are wrong (he also bought 2, one for his older sister, both are size L), and so he finally took the time to read the name the packet is meant for. I am howling:rofl:. He is in his early twenty and is so adorably awkward and super shy:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: We had a brief fanyus moment. I told him I hope he gets his packet soon, and that I'll get to bump into him again. I think I was a bit much for him, poor guy.

But, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is unbelievable! :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: 

1 hour ago, skateIT said:

So this is still happening. I wonder if it is an actual feature or if it's part of a '100 most influential athletes' as I saw mentioned or rumored. 

Edit: I'm nervous about this, I pray that it is respectful and does him justice without focusing on pooh...

Do you reckon Yuzuru might make the Front Cover of ESPN magazine?