General Yuzuru Chat

On 1/23/2018 at 9:52 AM, MrPudding said:

Max, we agree with you. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

3 hours ago, b138oo said:

Guyysss I finally have time to go here and read a few pages only to realize that on the exact dates of the Olys men’s events, I would go camping in a super duper questionable internet service place. FAK :facepalm:  and I would only be back to my dorm on the 18th  :sadPooh:

what kind of a luck is this :Poohgaveup:

You shall be spared the anxiety of watching the competition live...Hopefully you'll return to your dorm with happy news. 

As a dry cactus, I had a dream a couple of days ago. I dreamt that Yuzu won his 5th GPF title by 0.11 points. Shoma was 2nd. And Nathan was 3rd and he trailed Yuzu by less than a point....I don't know what this means...:13877886::13877886::13877886:

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The 50% chance (very high, given the circumstances...though it'd still be the same even if he had had a season where he won his 5th straight GPF title) of that happening is more than enough reason to figuratively bet all my life savings on him. If I win then :Cheese:! If I lose, well, it was worth it for the hope i felt. (I don't trust my feelings because while my logic has yet to *really* fail me, my feelings have failed me utterly about, oh, would you lookit that? 50% of the time. Lol! Though that'd also mean they *haven't* failed me the other 50% of the time...) Good thing I can't seem to decide on what I'm feeling about how things will turn out but I do know how I *want* them to turn out so imma just bank on that. xP

Yeah, unfortunately his condition is what it will be at this point (I'm hoping that means it's at least good).

My Yuzu-intuition is pretty spot on a lot of the time as welll, although I do end up wrong sometimes :10636614:. I'll keep what I think may happen for him and the other men to myself for now and see if they come to fruition after the Olympics. I will say though, that after the announcement he had been back on ice for at least a week that came out around mid-January my feeling was that he may choose to bypass the team event after all, which is probably why I'm not that surprised by the prediction and am being relatively cool about it right now.

Just to throw in another variable to consider for those enjoying the speculations: it seems Javi won't be the flag bearer for Spain (source: Sonia's instastory), so he can miss the opening ceremony if he so feels like it, too (though considering how small the Spanish team may be, I'm not sure how likely that is... he's also probably their biggest star... BUT if he's as focused as Yuzu, then such ceremonies may be superfluous for him at this point, too).

Speaking of mock competitions at TCC, Brian did say he was going to simulate the stress of competition during this time post-Euros, when being interviewed about Javi's progress in his FS. It's likely that'll be a strategy applied with the other TCC skaters as well. 

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Speaking of mock competitions at TCC, Brian did say he was going to simulate the stress of competition during this time post-Euros, when being interviewed about Javi's progress in his FS. It's likely that'll be a strategy applied with the other TCC skaters as well. 

In director Brian we shall trust now I guess xD

Thinking about it some more, I now wonder if a combination of both options might not be the best choice... And that is leave the team short to someone else and get assigned for the free. Arrive with just enough time to get ready for that, which would get him a few extra days at TCC, and, if Japan makes the free, get a chance to give that another run in competition, because that's the program that needs it more (I think the SP should be a piece of cake if he doesn't overthink it, but the FS is really hard from many povs.). And if Japan don't make it, at least he didn't waste as much time he could have used practicing in TCC. I think the competition experience he needs is for the FS. The lutz, for sure, the loop was off, the COD was COD again and stamina was an issue in Rostelecom. I think he might want to see where he sits now compared to that.

If Brian can recreate competition atmosphere at TCC, though, I'd much prefer that... But I'm not sure how much that is possible. They still know it's not real and that counts...

8 時間前, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯さんが言いました:

Oh wait, you're just pretty sure. Well then, I hope it's him. So cool that the coach and his student are going to get to compete in the same Olys together.

Edit: It says here that it's gonna be Sara Takanashi because Kasai isn't going to be available to attend  the opening ceremony.

Flag bearer is Kasai (and yes, he deserves it!!). Sara hold the flag in the inauguration ceremony yesterday on behalf of him because he was out of country, and I think the editor of Wiki misunderstood that situation. 

3 hours ago, singcarcom said:

As a dry cactus, I had a dream a couple of days ago. I dreamt that Yuzu won his 5th GPF title by 0.11 points. Shoma was 2nd. And Nathan was 3rd and he trailed Yuzu by less than a point....I don't know what this means...:13877886::13877886::13877886:

In every Olympic dream I have he wins spectacularly but I'm always looking for the bathroom or getting a drink in the lobby and I miss it. What does that mean?

Honestly, I think he's been trolling us and his opponents. I mean, at one point they were tossing bone inflammation out and if that is actually true, then this will be the greatest YOLO Olympics of all time while he's on antibiotics and hopped up on so many pain pills that he'd feel like he's jumping octos or something. (It sounded odd so I looked it up and apparently it's something that happens from infection, bacterial or fungal, getting into the bone marrow, either through blood stream or from a surrounding soft tissue infection. It doesn't seem to have much to do with a sprained ankle, though. And if it was mistranslation of inflammation around the bone, well then, duh, they didn't need to say that, did they?)

I do think nobody outside of TCC has the slightest clue how he's actually doing and he wants that element of surprise for as long as he can have it. It's the only possible advantage of having to miss competitions and he's making whatever he can of it. Imagine, all of those people who want his gold will be coming in without the slightest clue just how Yuzuru Hanyu is. That must add to the pressure cooker feeling.

TBH I want to see Yuzuru at the opening ceremony :13877886:Whether he does Team or not. I think any opportunity he can have to practice on Olympic ice is good. There's pros and cons of all options tbh. If he does team sp he's likely to do well, it could lift his confidence going into the singles, but his SP has had more practice in shows and competition that his FS. If he does the FS it's good practice, but it's really close to singles and could be draining. If he does both, same as FS, he gets the competition to take the edge off the singles but it could be draining and who knows how it could affect his mentality going into singles event. And if he does no team event he'll have the rest and is focused on the most important thing but it could be risky....

Just gonna drop in n say an extra week of training time is not 'measly', its actually a lot, and he needs to be in perfect condition to compete in the individual event. Doing team event decrease the training time he can get and I'm a bit doubtful about his stamina since he didnt train for like a month. I think if he's doing team event at all then it might be the free skate, if Japan can qualify. 

I get the benefits of doing a competition before the single, but doing it in not-so-perfect condition just to get competition-ice-time is such a waste when he could use it to train to get back to his fit form. And imo he'll still feel the nervousness of Olympic either way. Its not like doing TE guaranteed his mental condition being great on both days of the single event. It could help, but we don't know. 

This is from the perspective that he kinda /needs/ the training time though. If he's already back to his fit form now n throwing clean skates on runthrough after runthrough then doing TE will only help him. I guess thats what they're waiting for, his condition. It all depends on that.

13 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

Just gonna drop in n say an extra week of training time is not 'measly', its actually a lot, and he needs to be in perfect condition to compete in the individual event. Doing team event decrease the training time he can get and I'm a bit doubtful about his stamina since he didnt train for like a month. I think if he's doing team event at all then it might be the free skate, if Japan can qualify. 

Even if he doesn't skate the team event he'll probably have to sit in the Japan team area anyway, I think. Although maybe not for all the events? Daisuke didn't do the team in Sochi and I think he sat for the men's FS.

Well, idk.