General Yuzuru Chat

I'm late but I wanted really bad to leave my two cents on this :hachimaki: :xD:

Chopin is every bit as commanding, if not more, than LGC. Although, I would like to believe that LGC demands attention while Chopin commands it. Which are two very different concepts.

Of course, LGC is an audacious and unique progragramme. It needs loads of confidence and showmanship to pull it off like Yuzuru did, however, Chopin, unlike LGC, does not need any vehicules to be commanding. No catchy music, provocating costume or flashy moves (those give originality bonus points to lgc tho)...It is commanding of its own; by its raw emotions, deep interpretation and brilliant choreography which translates every note into poetry of movement.

Is LGC more engaging? It is. Otherwise it would have been a failure of a programme since the very concept behind it was to draw the audience in.

But the concept behind Chopin, while it IS a more orthodox programme, goes far beyond momentarily enthralling the audience; It tells a story and invites both the mind and the soul.

IMO, while I do not deny the genius, originality and technical difficulity of LGC, the latter does not hold a candle against Chopin or Etude from a conceptual and interpretational point of view. I am glad it will be shown in its full glory to the general public at the olympics, 3-peat or not.

8 hours ago, PPOS said:

I love LGC. It's such a unique programme, which shows off his incredible skating skills, and his sassy rock star persona, which maybe did surprise some people! I loved the white costume too,,,( pic from weibo,credit unknown sorry)

lzhux1o.jpg

I always thought that case color represented SEIMEI...But I just realize that it is actually H&L plus LGC...

Eh...I could believe he'd do Finlandia. He had a habit of flopping in one of his GP events, maybe he's giving himself the opportunity to have his early season flop somewhere where it doesn't really matter all that much. I guess we'll find out when the entry list is out.

55 minutes ago, SSS said:

I always thought that case color represented SEIMEI...But I just realize that it is actually H&L plus LGC...

Wait, so... since his case this year is blue and red, and we know for certain Chopin is going to be blue... does that give confirmation that we're having a RED. SEIMEI.??

New translations from @gladi !! :11135030:

2 Yuzuru Hanyu Interviews from 2017-18 Media Day!

(A short moment from Chopin at NHK Trophy 2015 * - * )

I decided to post the two exclusive interviews from Figure Skate Magazine and Figure Skate Japanese Representatives 2017 Memorial together, to be read side by side. 

Perhaps, in a way, one gets a peek at the pillars of his beliefs and insight into figure skating. As he contends with the realities of competition and what leaves behind a GOOD memory for everyone, it isn’t just about fans becoming his strength, but also what he makes of that strength. Not only a well beloved skater, but truly one who loves and cares back with all his might. –– gladi.

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Wait, so... since his case this year is blue and red, and we know for certain Chopin is going to be blue... does that give confirmation that we're having a RED. SEIMEI.??

I thought we all knew that??.