General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Etude instead of Ienai Yo, please. 

4 minutes ago, Yolo3a said:

Too many programs we want to rewatch... Where would we put in RJ1??? 

He's prolly gonna put in the ones he did this quad. hahaha... So I'm guessing no Etude or RJ1.

He also usually skates to Japanese music when in Japan.

Purely just a guess on my part though.. :rofl:

My wish is for Believe or Change. hehehe

ETA: Pls no Final Time Traveller zuzu...

13 минут назад, kaeryth сказал:

Hmmmm... Lemme take a crack at it:

Rostelecom: POTO

NHK: H&L

GPF: Ienai Yo?

Nats: Requiem

OWG: LGC

Worlds: Notte Stellata

ETA: Throw in Pari-san somewhere..

Um, no, Pari-san for Rostelecom please :biggrin:

(looks bitterly at "No Exhibition" for ACI):sadPooh:

I guess that the lack of gala is the price to pay for the lineup... But oh how I'm going to miss it.

On the other hand, had he chosen lgc as SP I would be effectively dead so thank you Yuzu for keeping me alive by choosing chopin after all

10 минут назад, Hydroblade сказал:

(looks bitterly at "No Exhibition" for ACI):sadPooh:

I guess that the lack of gala is the price to pay for the lineup... But oh how I'm going to miss it.

On the other hand, had he shared to be lgc as SP I would be effectively dead so thank you Yuzu for keeping me alive by choosing chopin after all

But you can seat pretty close and on the judges side *the crossovers - another sweet way to die :10742290:*

14 minutes ago, xeyra said:

@gladi's version of the translation of the earlier interview about LGC as the SP for Olympics with further details on the choice for Chopin, which ended up replacing the initial idea of LGC:

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/164825368894/yuzuru-hanyu-interview-from-media-day-kateigaho

Oooooh.... I like the nuances of @gladi's translation. His answers are so on point. Also, he's always comparing everything to skating :rofl: (this time theatre & opera). He mentions Takarazuka and wikipedia says "The Takarazuka Revue (宝塚歌劇団 Takarazuka Kagekidan) is a Japanese all-female musical theater troupe based in Takarazuka, Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. Women play all roles in lavish, Broadway-style productions of Western-style musicals, and sometimes stories adapted from shōjo manga and Japanese folktales." Interesting...

So no matter what, Yuzu was going to repeat a SP and FS this season. He had his game plan set: consistency and strong programs he could build on. The only changing factor was, which SP? Since Seimei was a done deal in his head since forever (could have saved me a lot of hand-wringing tbh). I think going with Chopin was the choice that is hardest for fans and fs viewers to accept since its 3-peat, and now I think maybe it was truly a mental thing that they announced it first. There would have been an uproar anyway because there are some ridiculous fs fan standards, but perhaps if he'd gone with LGC some of those disappointed people might have been able to accept it more. Maybe.

And those same fans would have been wringing their hands if/when LGC was less than perfect, and the commentators started making comments about inconsistency and vulnerability.  And it probably would have been at some point- there are a lot of competitions between now and OG and as we've all acknowledged it's an unforgiving programme.  He doesn't need the hassle.

43 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Oooooh.... I like the nuances of @gladi's translation. His answers are so on point. Also, he's always comparing everything to skating :rofl: (this time theatre & opera). He mentions Takarazuka and wikipedia says "The Takarazuka Revue (宝塚歌劇団 Takarazuka Kagekidan) is a Japanese all-female musical theater troupe based in Takarazuka, Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. Women play all roles in lavish, Broadway-style productions of Western-style musicals, and sometimes stories adapted from shōjo manga and Japanese folktales." Interesting...

Takarazuka is da bomb (and I'm praying they get to do something for the 2020 Olympics). Much as how in the old Japanese stage performances where its all male cast and the more "effeminate" males play female roles (I forgot what it's called, but Yuzu did say once he fit into the latter role), there are females who play male roles in Takarazuka. They even have female admirers (including me).

It's so cool to see Yuzu reference them, and other things too of course, that shows his great awareness of his surroundings yet again. I have seen people make comparisons between piano competitions and fs. The parallels he draws here and incorporating it to his bigger picture makes sense too.

7 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Takarazuka is da bomb (and I'm praying they get to do something for the 2020 Olympics). Much as how in the old Japanese stage performances where its all male cast and the more "effeminate" males play female roles (I forgot what it's called, but Yuzu did say once he fit into the latter role), there are females who play male roles in Takarazuka. They even have female admirers (including me).

It's so cool to see Yuzu reference them, and other things too of course, that shows his great awareness of his surroundings yet again. I have seen people make comparisons between piano competitions and fs. The parallels he draws here and incorporating it to his bigger picture makes sense too.

OT: Our lord and saviour fujitv has a takarazuka channel :) takarazuka all day! I've watched it quite a lot of times