General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, daisyjune said:

WOW! Congratulations!!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I also have a ticket for Men's free skating....:13877886:

I'm a member of Ice Crystal, so when Yuzu said "楽しみにしていて下さいね(Please look forward to it!)" in the interview where he was seen wearing green pants, I already had a ticket, and I felt so scary, realizing 4A will come! It was about ten days ago, and now I am still very nervous but also getting exited little by little. I can't imagine how I will feel next Saturday when I will depart for Yoyogi Taiikukan.

Have you seen the practice schedule? Perhaps we might see the practice if we go there early?

Yes! Congratulations! :cheer:

That's so exciting! Have fun and enjoy every moment of it! :dancingpooh:

I believe you will witness a great moment in sports history. :ganba:

Congratulations, @SuzyQ, @daisyjune !

I also got a ticket, but it is for day 3. I have no idea what I will see in what kind of state of mind :68468287:

NHK Trophy this year isn't selling official practice tickets, but they usually open doors when the last group of skaters is still practicing. The NHK Trophy official site says they are planning to open doors 2 hours before the beginning of the competition, which, for day 2, is 10:23, and the OP for the senior men is scheduled between 10:10-11:20. For covid countermeasures, ID checks, security checks, etc., it may take time to get inside. However, I think it is highly likely that you will be able to witness the last part of the OP unless the organizer changes the schedule for some reason. So be ready and enjoy! :biggrin:

Finally, the exams are over. I am in time to catch NHK where Yuzu is aiming to debut 4A, sharing this epic moment  with his fellow countryman on home soil! I wouldn’t miss it for the world and will be cheering for him! So glad he’s inching closer to his ultimate goal. Praying hard for all forces of the universe and stars aligned to protect him, keep him safe and injury free in this Olympic season.

Frankly, by landing a 4A and making history in Figure Skating, anything less than a gold medal for Yuzu is a crime. It will be the joke of the century. ISU and Olympic will be the clowns of the century. This ultra-nationalistic sport should be dropped from the Olympics.

Congrats, @SuzyQ, @daisyjune and @sweetwater! So excited for you all cos you are going to have a once-in-a- lifetime experience at NHK.

Spoiler

PS: May I know which skaters do not jump quads in current or past Olympic seasons but made it to top 10 in the Olympics?

Guest Mary_kyo

This sounds ridiculous but Yuzu landing 4A has become something personally important to me. Like, he is aiming for a super ambitious goal that is considered impossible/unlikely and actually training for it at the age of 26 (which is considered late by many to even learn a new quad). He has challenged it since at least 2015 (publicly) and is ridiculed/judged for it many times by a lot of people, even some fans and influential figures (like Brian Boitano, Raf, Kurt, etc etc). But he miraculously didn’t give up, after failing many times, after painfully falling for more than 1000 times. I personally need the ending of his story to be a happy one. Because I need the universe to prove to me that dreams have no limit and eventually after extreme hardship and efforts, you can reach the impossible stars. I hope this will be my personal take of his story at the very end.

Hace 6 horas, daisyjune said:

WOW! Congratulations!!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I also have a ticket for Men's free skating....:13877886:

I'm a member of Ice Crystal, so when Yuzu said "楽しみにしていて下さいね(Please look forward to it!)" in the interview where he was seen wearing green pants, I already had a ticket, and I felt so scary, realizing 4A will come! It was about ten days ago, and now I am still very nervous but also getting exited little by little. I can't imagine how I will feel next Saturday when I will depart for Yoyogi Taiikukan.

Have you seen the practice schedule? Perhaps we might see the practice if we go there early?

Hace 3 horas, sweetwater said:

I also got a ticket, but it is for day 3. I have no idea what I will see in what kind of state of mind :68468287:

NHK Trophy this year isn't selling official practice tickets, but they usually open doors when the last group of skaters is still practicing. The NHK Trophy official site says they are planning to open doors 2 hours before the beginning of the competition, which, for day 2, is 10:23, and the OP for the senior men is scheduled between 10:10-11:20. For covid countermeasures, ID checks, security checks, etc., it may take time to get inside. However, I think it is highly likely that you will be able to witness the last part of the OP unless the organizer changes the schedule for some reason. So be ready and enjoy! :biggrin:

OMG I’m so happy for you two as well!!! Congratulations!!:loveshower: 

Also this: 

:68468287:

Yes, that's what I thought about the practice though I really need to arrive at the venue early to enter in time for Yuzu's practice. There must be a lot of people waiting in line in front of the entrance. I remember on exhibition day of WTT 2017 all of us dashed from the entrance to catch a glimpse of Yuzu practicing Swan, and the staffs said to us, "Please don't run! It's dangerous!" 

I tried to get a ticket for SP and EX really hard, but I failed all the lotteries. Having just one ticket for any day of this competition is very lucky, I think:2thumbsup:

On second thought, the program we definitely know Yuzu will perform is only Ten to Chi to. The other two programs, Short and Exhibition programs, are hidden in a veil of secrecy. I'm wondering how we will know about them, especially a SP. Is he going to announce at the press conference before the competition?, which used to take place but in the corona era I'm not sure.

7 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Congratulations, @SuzyQ, @daisyjune, @sweetwater:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

It will truly be a wonderful competition, no matter what Yuzu shows us! I'll be cheering from behind my screen :10636614: I hope that we will witness the birth of a miracle.

I've been to NHK twice - in 2017 and 2019, so I personally remember this time of the year fondly every year. I remember that the 2 year gap between NHK 2017 and NHK 2019 felt pretty long to me, but the 2 years from NHK 2019 to now passed in the blink of an eye! It seems like a recent memory to me. Probably no thanks to corona :59227c768286a__s: It's unfortunate that I won't be able to attend NHK this time.

I met @sweetwaterさん at NHK both times, so I hope that we will be able to meet again if I ever attend a competition in Japan again in the future :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: