Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General Yuzuru Chat

This is part 1 of the General Yuzuru Chat discussion.

Featured Replies

Happy birthday Yuzuru, may the next year be kind, healthy, happy and glorious, if it's even half as good as you deserve it surely will be...

 

:7938863:

                WISING YOU

                   A VERY

  HAPPY BIRTHDAY YUZURU 

 

DOING WHAT YOU LOVE.  XXX :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

Neko Masamune has also congratulated Yuzu on his birthday :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:. Other than the two time Olympic champion, he also mentioned that he is the first person from Sendai (and Miyagi prefecture) to receive People's Honour Awards

HAVE A BLAST INTO YOUR NEW AGE BIRTHDAY BOY! :cri:

12 hours ago, lajoitko said:

Thank you! It is very good document about the fans. I downloaded it but I don´t want to put it on Youtube or any other video sites.

Mostly the fans speak English but there is two girls speaking Swedish. First girl (finnish figure skater) says how Yuzuru´s skating is entirely captivating and second girl admires his jumps. My Swedish is very very poor so hopefully someone can correct this. There is also the famous press conference lady (she is also a ex-figure skater) explaining the special arrangements for Yuzuru´s safety in the icerink and hotel.

 

I haven´t seen this interview anywhere. It is done after the free skate. Sorry for the low quality, I recorded it on my phone. Also, Yuzuru is saying how he tries to be healthy, so be prepared.

 

Thank you for the video and the translation!

They brought me to tears. Probably the best video captured him through his fans. I was struck by the way they showed the interviewees as individuals, not as small parts of a phenomenon. They also showed that people see him as a human, not just a superstar. Both don't happen so often when media covers someone in his position and his/her fans even though we all know that we are human.
I felt something similar about the way how they kindly let us know where all the Poohs are going. Seeing the pictures, I was able to relate to the people who were wrapping Poohs and the kids who would receive them thinking of such people I know in my own life. 

I don't know how to put it, but I want to thank all the people who took part in GPH including all these.

 

5 hours ago, Anzi said:

Hi folks,

 

I do not mean to disturb you guys, but it seems JSF published a really insulting article against Yuzu...basically said what he did in CoR is to avoid JNats. And also some fanyus are speculating JSF is forcing Yuzu to go for JNats...

I didn't read article because I don't want it ruins my mood. I am not sure whether fans' conjecture is fair, but JSF did really indecent thing.

:angrypooh:

Spoiler

As some people have already said, the source is a tabloid, one of the most vicious ones. I've already said this several times but when the source is FLASH, フライデー (Friday), 女性セブン (Josei Seven), 女性自身 (Josei Jishin), 週間女性 (Shukan Josei), it's highly possible that the information in the article is false, or worse, fabricated. Also, when the original Japanese article quote 関係者, (means "the person concerned") as an informant, it's highly possible such person doesn't exist or isn't concerned enough. The informant in the article you referred to is 日本スケート連盟(=JFS)関係者, not exactly someone in JFS. Sadly, in these few months, these tabloids are publishing this kind of articles almost every week. So when you read a news from Japanese media please check if it's not from the sources above.

 

32 minutes ago, Tee said:
 

 

the last two gifs are mine.. :ohno:

 

ETA:  on another note... this year hasn't been so bad after all:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

Happy Birthday to Yuzu.... still the 6th here, but it's the 7th in Japan... so he gets 2 days of birthday messages from those around him, which is probably nice!! I think, since he's a big fan of skating (as well as skating himself, lol), he'll probably enjoy a skating binge with the competitions from Vancouver!!

 

And no, unless he's not ready himself, there is no way JSF won't give him a spot at World's... it would be like not including Gretzky, or Federer, Nadal, Steffi or Michael Phelps etc., when they wanted to play for their countries... i am not worried.

Be healthy and happy, Yuzu!

 

p.s. gonna buy a cake after work ))

57 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Thank you for the video and the translation!

They brought me to tears. Probably the best video captured him through his fans. I was struck by the way they showed the interviewees as individuals, not as small parts of a phenomenon. They also showed that people see him as a human, not just a superstar. Both don't happen so often when media covers someone in his position and his/her fans even though we all know that we are human.
I felt something similar about the way how they kindly let us know where all the Poohs are going. Seeing the pictures, I was able to relate to the people who were wrapping Poohs and the kids who would receive them thinking of such people I know in my own life. 

I don't know how to put it, but I want to thank all the people who took part in GPH including all these.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

As some people have already said, the source is a tabloid, one of the most vicious ones. I've already said this several times but when the source is FLASH, フライデー (Friday), 女性セブン (Josei Seven), 女性自身 (Josei Jishin), 週間女性 (Shukan Josei), it's highly possible that the information in the article is false, or worse, fabricated. Also, when the original Japanese article quote 関係者, (means "the person concerned") as an informant, it's highly possible such person doesn't exist or isn't concerned enough. The informant in the article you referred to is 日本スケート連盟(=JFS)関係者, not exactly someone in JFS. Sadly, in these few months, these tabloids are publishing this kind of articles almost every week. So when you read a news from Japanese media please check if it's not from the sources above.

 

This article must be from some haters  I suppose. They seem to enjoy every occasion they can seize when Yuzuru is injured to say bad things about him. Just ignore them. We can do nothing about them. Let them enjoy what they can find in their unhappy life.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.