General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I totally have to share the screens of Max's comments under this twitter post:

mwfzbb.png

I love this because he translates to the letter an italian saying that goes "Mistero della fede", which is a way to say that something doesn't have any rational explanation, and can only be accepted as a religious dogma. (for example, the virgin birth). It's a very sassy way to say that something makes no sense. 
(In Italy, we have plenty of sass against the vatican, lol)

LOL, that sounds like something like...say..."suspension of disbelief"? But then that is more a literary term than a sassy idiom.

46 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Ok another one since I am bored.

Here is the accumulated GOE for all season for the top six men (basically I added the GOE for all their performances all season).

Yuzuru  120.23

Shoma  102.13

Patrick  84.11

Javier  70.48

Nathan  39.63

Boyang  21.07

This includes the GP's, GPF, EC, 4CC, WC, and WTT. Also, both Javi and Boyang have only 5 competitions compared to the others six (Javi was not at WTT and Boyang did not make GPF)

Highest GOE in one competition (SP+FS) was for Yuzu at WC 29.28 followed by Shoma 24.6 at the same competition

Lowest GOE  in one competition (SP+FS) was for was for Boyang at Skate America -12.06 followed by Nathan -5.84 at NHK

Lol poor Boyang. I guess it makes more sense if you've bombed a competition...or two. 

Just dividing by the number of competitions to get the averages (because of the different number of competitions):

Yuzuru  120.23 -> 20.04

Shoma  102.13 -> 17.03

Patrick  84.11 -> 14.02

Javier  70.48 -> 14.10

Nathan  39.63 -> 6.61

Boyang  21.07 -> 4.21

Wow. 

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

LOL, that sounds like something like...say..."suspension of disbelief"? But then that is more a literary term than a sassy idiom.

Well, yeah, the mood is definitely that one! For example, a very familiar scene in Italy would be: there's a storm and a tree falls on a street, the street is closed and stays closed for weeks after that. Person A asks person B: "Why don't they remove the tree and re-open the street instead of keeping it closed?" and person B replies: "Misteri della fede". 

(Completely :offtopic:)

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Well, yeah, the mood is definitely that one! For example, a very familiar scene in Italy would be: there's a storm and a tree falls on a street, the street is closed and stays closed for weeks after that. Person A asks person B: "Why don't they remove the tree and re-open the street instead of keeping it closed?" and person B replies: "Misteri della fede". 

(Completely :offtopic:)

LOL that sounds so sarcastic :party0035:

I think "suspension of disbelief" (at least, from what I learned in English class) is like...when you're reading a book or watching a movie, and things just happen mysteriously in a way that doesn't make much logical sense just to get the plot to go in the direction the author wants to. Like, figuring out how to escape a trap a millisecond before the bad guy walks in...LOL something like that

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Lol poor Boyang. I guess it makes more sense if you've bombed a competition...or two. 

Just dividing by the number of competitions to get the averages (because of the different number of competitions):

Yuzuru  120.23 -> 20.04

Shoma  102.13 -> 17.03

Patrick  84.11 -> 14.02

Javier  70.48 -> 14.10

Nathan  39.63 -> 6.61

Boyang  21.07 -> 4.21

Wow. 

If  we remove both GPF and WTT (since they are  both missing one of the six men)

Yuzuru  81.85

Javier  67.2

Shoma  62.64

Patrick  56.45

Boyang  15.88

Nathan  13.7

Just chiming in from a few pages ago to say how juch I love the Chopin SP, too. It's the most elegant and perfect thing I've ever seen. Watching it in slow motion, as I've done too many times, shows what a deep and intuitive feel for and understanding of music both skater and choreographer have. Every note has a movement. It's just incredible. The spring in his legs on the arabian/camel looks exactly like it feels to hit that note on the piano. Just that one touch was enough for me to fall in love with that program but eveything else is equally brilliant. 

(I stopped writing this half way through to watch it three times.)

10 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Just chiming in from a few pages ago to say how juch I love the Chopin SP, too. It's the most elegant and perfect thing I've ever seen. Watching it in slow motion, as I've done too many times, shows what a deep and intuitive feel for and understanding of music both skater and choreographer have. Every note has a movement. It's just incredible. The spring in his legs on the arabian/camel looks exactly like it feels to hit that note on the piano. Just that one touch was enough for me to fall in love with that program but eveyhing else is equally brilliant. 

(I stopped writing this half way through to watch it three times.)

It's really amazing, isn't it? I really don't understand how can it be so inexplicably amazing... Loss for words :P

ETA: I'm not sure what my favorite version is. For some reason Worlds 2015 is one of my favorites. I like GPF 2015 but if I want to rewatch Chopin I go for Worlds 2015 or SC 2015 or something. -don't know- haha

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

It's really amazing, isn't it? I really don't understand how can it be so inexplicably amazing... Loss for words :P

ETA: I'm not sure what my favorite version is. For some reason Worlds 2015 is one of my favorites. I like GPF 2015 but if I want to rewatch Chopin I go for Worlds 2015 or SC 2015 or something. -don't know- haha

Chopin 2016 Worlds is for me all the more incredible knowing now of his injury but it really annoys me that the cameras change angles during the most beautiful flow of his body (competently captured here at the 2015 GPF @1:22). Then again, the GPF cameras only captured the world's most elegant spread eagle with arms crossed over head from behind (what a waste!) so I end up watching both whenever I watch. 

If I could become God to watch him skate from all angles at once...

Or, you know, hurry up with VR for sports before this genius r****s.

14 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Are you masochist? :space:jk

I can't replay that Chopin from SC 2015 cause I don't want to look at yuzu's disappointed face. :acceptable: 

But, 3A from SC is to die for. The rest of it I just skip it. Lol 

11 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Then again, the GPF cameras only captured the world's most elegant spread eagle with arms crossed over head from behind (what a waste!) so I end up watching both whenever I watch.

The same words came to my mind when I watched the spead eagle from behind - what a waste. But someone captured this beautiful moment from the right angle as well :smile: