What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the 19/20 season?

Henni147

What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the 19/20 season?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the 19/20 season?

• Haru Yo, Koi (because it's recycling season)
    • Let's Go Crazy (because it's recycling-and-unfinished-business season)
    • Crystal Memories (because D. Wilson and Toshi and Y-spiral and maximum sparkles and most obvious choice anyway)
    • Masquerade (because I'm Yuzuru 'I-changed-my-mind-and-want-to-please-my-fans' Hanyu)
    • Teo Torriatte (because it's Queen season and it fits the series of Tohoku 2011 tribute programs)
    • Bohemian Rhapsody (because it's Queen season and we need at least one proper performance of this masterpiece)
    • Something else (because... [insert plausible reason or troll] )

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2019 at 10:00 PM

9 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

...and more importantly, can he even fit into those pants anymore after the weight he's gained? Let's be honest, those things were stretched to their limit in 2017.

:ohmygod:  I'm sure if he even considered it he'd have to up the size of those trousers. You're comment made me giggle 🤭 

I’m expecting something new 

1) masquerade/crtstal memories due is the ex vers of origin/otobal. Either boyh in or both out:drinks: 2) Iirc yuzu put masquerade togeter from shae’s video in a few hours(??) and since he already recycling 2 programs, he can make something new as ex

2 hours ago, memae said:

Masquerade for the EX. I fear we'll never see LGC again :(  but he can take the layback spin from the end of CM and stick it in Otonal to make up for it. 

Vaguely off-topic and pedantic: he actually can't unless he makes it a flying layback spin, because the spin in a single position has to be either a CCSp or CSSp for the senior men.

he usually does lyrical kinds of Exes, though. When was the last time he had a high energy one - Vertigo, was it? Or HILY? I honestly think if he doesn't keep HYK then we'll be getting Crystal Memories. 

But what I wouldn't pay to see what he could do with Little Red Corvette. :sipping:

33 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

he usually does lyrical kinds of Exes, though. When was the last time he had a high energy one - Vertigo, was it? Or HILY? I honestly think if he doesn't keep HYK then we'll be getting Crystal Memories. 

But what I wouldn't pay to see what he could do with Little Red Corvette. :sipping:

Unless you count when Swanyu went crazy at WTT, it was HILY.

Who do I need to bribe to make it happen again?

I had to vote for Masquerade (In Case Of Lurkers) because I would die of happiness to see it at Skate Canada!! But to be more realistic,  I expect Crystal Memories, possibly HYK. 

Aaaahhh but so happy to see how many people still feel the same about Masquerade!!! I really think it's a break through program for him,  maybe the new Strongest Yuzuru Hanyu Ever could pull it off!

:003: :10742290:

uhh I had forgotten we are still waiting to know the EX... I'm giving for granted that Yuzuru is having the whole set from last season:P but I would have loved an "all of them mixed in 3min EX" option in the poll LOL

from a narratives POV, IMO it would be better if he had a modern-ish new EX 'cause it would be a glorious middle finger to what some people like to say, but Yuzuru's choice for EX has been deeply personal for a while, so HYK or CM more likely... I still think KuriMemo wouldn't be "complete" without Masquerade, and given what TrollZuzu said about Masquerade, I think that's not as likely as HYK (but Yuzu if you want to skate to BOTH twins you're welcome to do so:67638860:) but since I've come to LOVE KuriMemo by FaOI Kobe I wouldn't mind it being the EX... and it's the program he has skated less times compared to all the others, and it became so good so fast, I'd love to see it more...also, wow, I hadn't thought about Shizuka tribute in Turin... WAIT WHAT IF TARASOVA REALLY GAVE HIM MUSIC AND IT'S...TURANDOT???

as for Queen... I'd melt in delight if he skated to Queen, IMO he would really do their songs (and their spirit) justice, PLEASE can it happen ONE DAY?:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Yuzuru loved Machida's program, so there's hope! And I still hope he'll skate to LGC again, but not for EX (though gosh wouldn't it make the crow go crazy?)

I'd (of course!) love something totally new and unexpected too (might even be Hoshizora no Neptune, that would fit both jpn music and Tohoku recovery theme, and we know he wanted to skate to it), but if it's HYK, can't wait to see more sakura fairy :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: