Team France

24 minutes ago, Paskud said:

so, it wasn't P/C & co who decided not to go, they just weren't "summoned" at all? I'm confused... but then, why did they put their names in their first announcement? It was only one week ago, what has changed since then?:huh:

Anyway, glad that everone agreed that travelling back and forth from NA wasn't a good idea.

1 minute ago, Old Cat Lady said:

tsl just claimed that papadakis/cizeron had covid this summer. anyone hear of this outside of TSL? Pretty sure they’re full of sh#t.

I know even prudent people can catch it but this would mean :

- either they had it when still in France and they would have entered Canada without test? Because with the number of cycles they do (PCR tests) particularly in North America, from what I understand, one remain often "positive" weeks after having ceased to be contagious; in this case I doubt they would have been let in Canada;

- or they had it in Canada, with its low numbers? Not that it is impossible but...

Maybe they said "they had CoViD testing"?

I find nothing in French.

9 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

tsl just claimed that papadakis/cizeron had covid this summer. anyone hear of this outside of TSL? Pretty sure they’re full of sh#t.

Are you freaking kidding me? what a bunch of *many unprintable words*  For starters, Canada is not tabloid gossip immune. If they had got it, it would have made the papers here. And I sincerely doubt they'd be back skating right now. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Veveco said:

The official statement from the fed implies that he wants to teach pair skating, or at least help develop pair skating ("souhaite dorénavant œuvrer au développement de la discipline de couple"). :dry:

:jaw:entire governing body is delirious with Covid - only a fever night terror could produce that idea.

TBH I feel like Vanessa James has been unfairly victimized by all this. It's not her fault if her partner is a creep. Her career shouldn't have to be over because of that. 

The whole thing is a crying shame. They were a great pair when it came to skating and I think they had a lot more in them. Not saying this to excuse what happened, I just want to underline how much damage was caused by that one person's poor actions. The phrase "What were you thinking!!" comes to mind...:banginghead:

15 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

TBH I feel like Vanessa James has been unfairly victimized by all this. It's not her fault if her partner is a creep. Her career shouldn't have to be over because of that. 

The whole thing is a crying shame. They were a great pair when it came to skating and I think they had a lot more in them. Not saying this to excuse what happened, I just want to underline how much damage was caused by that one person's poor actions. The phrase "What were you thinking!!" comes to mind...:banginghead:

Naa posted this.  She has posted consistently on sexual abuse and is not someone I would expect to go after someone, especially a fellow WOC, lightly: 

I'm glad for the retirement - I would have loathed to see them go to another OWG, after what had been done in the name of their PyeongChang "dream".

I'm torn about Vanessa. There's always the chance that she herself is victim of that abuse system, and that she was conditioned to a point she would dismiss abuse and harassment as "the way things are done". There's also the chance she knew it was wrong but thought that her olympic dream, the dream she had sacrificed so much and so many years to, was worth it. Maybe one day we'll get her side of the story and we'll offer her sympathy for what she went through... but the fact still stands that the moment Vanessa stayed quiet and kept skating with Morgan, she did hurt the victim and became part of the self-perpetuating abuse culture.

Though I would certainly still put a bigger share of the blame on the coaches than on Vanessa. They were without doubt those in position of *power* and they actively choose to side with Morgan and use their power against the victim...

47 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I'm glad for the retirement - I would have loathed to see them go to another OWG, after what had been done in the name of their PyeongChang "dream".

I'm torn about Vanessa. There's always the chance that she herself is victim of that abuse system, and that she was conditioned to a point she would dismiss abuse and harassment as "the way things are done". There's also the chance she knew it was wrong but thought that her olympic dream, the dream she had sacrificed so much and so many years to, was worth it. Maybe one day we'll get her side of the story and we'll offer her sympathy for what she went through... but the fact still stands that the moment Vanessa stayed quiet and kept skating with Morgan, she did hurt the victim and became part of the self-perpetuating abuse culture.

Though I would certainly still put a bigger share of the blame on the coaches than on Vanessa. They were without doubt those in position of *power* and they actively choose to side with Morgan and use their power against the victim...

Well, these coaches chose to cover-up (there remains to be known what their part was as a whole) but the victims' coach appears to be the one most implicated. I hope the legal investigation will be thorough and we will know what was going on, and the culprits will be punished. I hope too, there have not been other victims.

11 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Naa posted this.  She has posted consistently on sexual abuse and is not someone I would expect to go after someone, especially a fellow WOC, lightly: 

Well that's disappointing. As @LadyLou said, we don't know her side of the story yet, though. 

Masters de Patinage

https://csndg.org/resultats/Masters2020/

now live 

Men's SP  - with Kevin Aymoz and Brendan Kerry

Edit:  Men's SP: 8:46:43

Livestream

Kevin  has choreographed his programs himself  

But virtual presence has its limits. It is therefore alone that Kevin Aymoz has choreographed his programs, which he presents on Thursday (short program at 9 p.m.) and Saturday (free program at 3.45 p.m.). “ I can't wait to say I was the one who did the programs on my own ,” the skater smiles. It sure won't be my two best programs, but I'm very proud of it .

Source

https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artistique/Actualites/Masters-kevin-aymoz-entre-deux-continents/1177998