Team France

Guest turquoiseblue

Mae is doing a giveaway :10815002:

:tumblr_meh7eaW0cM1qdlkyg: https://www.instagram.com/p/CW84h5hFNYy/

🎄 IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME 🤩
Christmas is around the corner and I wanted to do something… Amaezing 😝 so I asked @chiquesport @compexfrance @edeaskates & @johnwilsonblades and they all said YES 🤩 to partner with me to gift ONE LUCKY WINNER a Christmas package, full of figure skating essentials (swipe to see the goodies 😉)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue

Interview with Gabriella's mother:

“For a long time queue in ice dance and unspoken nuances have been preventing Gabriella and Guillaume from getting fair scores.” Interview with Catherine Papadakis

How did you feel in the 2014/2015 season, when your daughter began to win big competitions and get standing ovations?

Catherine Papadakis: I was happy, but not surprised. I have known for a long time that Gabriella and Guillaume should be in the lead: I realized this from their first performances at local competitions. But there is a queue in ice dance, and unspoken nuances have been preventing the guys from getting fair scores for a long time. You know, I’m often asked how I feel during my daughter’s performances. Am I proud of her? Of course I’m proud. But as soon as Gabby starts to skate, the coach turns on inside me. I look at the technique, the plot of the program, the levels … I just can’t separate the professional’s view from the subjective maternal feelings.

How do people in Europe and America treat the problem of excess weight among skaters?

Catherine Papadakis: Honestly, no one discusses this topic – how many times I went to seminars and talked with different coaches. In our club in Clermont-Ferrand, there are no cases of weight loss. In other schools, too, I think they know how to find a balance. In Europe, it is simply not customary to talk about weight. During the time that Gabriella trains in Canada, she also has never complained to me about such problems. She eats well and is rarely weighed.

What is your favorite program of Papadakis / Cizeron?

Catherine Papadakis: This season’s rhythmic dance. Everything is perfect there – music, rhythms, and movements in unison. The skaters accelerate, then stop a little, but after 2-3 steps they skate again at an insane speed. In the middle of the dance, they perform amazing choreographic movements and then start with complex steps. Everything is very fast until the last second. This is an excellent program! In general, I love how Gabby and Guillaume think over each dance and live in it.

Is it true that Gabriella gives all of her medals to you?

Catherine Papadakis: Yes, I keep them at home and protect them so that no one steals (laughs). I’m looking forward to add the most coveted gold medal to our collection soon. My daughter has already won all the other awards, and we are waiting for the main one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue

Mae Berenice Meite's new Instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYJtB4MggbP/

2021, You were one heck of year!
But who would have thought that the worst day of my life would turn into the best thing that ever happened to me?

You’ve shaped a brand new woman. Brought people and opportunities in my life. You have challenged many times, and I loved every step of the way. Thank you for the knowledge, the experience, the openness, the introspection. Thank you for pushing my out of my comfort zone, for challenging me. Thank you for forcing me to face my biggest fears, and to turn my life around. You were the storm I needed, and I’m happy I got to dance through it.

2021 THANK YOU for everything.
To all of you, thank you for the continuous love and support, you really helped me so much throughout this journey, I am forever grateful. To the ones who were by my side all this time, in the dark, I’m eternally grateful for you. To the ones I met and who changed my life for the better, THANK YOU

To you all, I wish you a happy and healthy New Year. Please stay safe out there 🤍

Love,
Maé

What an inspiring person she is! :worship:

Guest turquoiseblue

Mae uploaded new videos of her performances at the French Christmas show :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

How amazing :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Welcome back, Mae :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::10742289::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue

Mae posted a message on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cahi7pONJRz/

ZsdP5d4.jpg

I was looking forward to this week, to announce that finally I’m back on a competitive ice. But some minor complications arose while getting ready for the Tallinn Cup, so after discussing with the federation, we thought it was best for me to withdraw. 😔

A (frustrating) set up (yes I said SET UP, because it’s getting me ready for a bigger step 😉), and I know it’s for the best.

Lucky and thankful to be surrounded by an amazing team that is taking such good care of me, so I can be 100% functional for my next planned competition 💪🏾

🛠 The work continues 🔥

PS: 3 years later (already 🤯) and still that much in love with my dress by @juju.designs 😍

:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: