2 hours ago, Anni said:

Masters de Patinage

now live 

Men's SP - with Kevin Aymoz and Brendan Kerry

https://csndg.org/resultats/Masters2020/

Livestream

Kevin  has choreographed his programs himself  

Source

https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artistique/Actualites/Masters-kevin-aymoz-entre-deux-continents/1177998

Thank you!

The last of Junior Men, François Pitot (starting about 4h24 after the beginning of the video) has a White Legend-inspired costume!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: He fell a lot though, and took the third place.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artistique/Actualites/Papadakis-et-cizeron-croisent-les-doigts-pour-les-championnats-du-monde/1193478

More on P/C. It's a pretty somber interview :( Guillaume has a resident visa which allows him to go to France (he's there now) and get back into Canada, but if Gabi left she wouldn't be allowed back in.

That's not an ideal situation. So they are not practicing together now? 

12 minutes ago, Melodie said:

That's not an ideal situation. So they are not practicing together now? 

He said he's taking a little time to go there and see his family for his birthday, while there isn't much going on (in terms of training for competitions). He's going back to Montreal on Monday. I'm wondering how he has a resident visa for Canada and she doesn't.....he said he's had it only since January so maybe hers got held up.

• 1 month later...

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/01/19/gabriella-papadakis-guillaume-cizeron-figure-skating-world-championships/

So, they won't go to Worlds. They say they didn't have proper training conditions with CoViD, which I understand. I am sure they could have been dispensed with Nationals to avoid additional quarantine.

I am really sorry for them, but I am glad they are focusing on Olympics.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

wait, but are P/C in Canada or are they still in France? If it's the latter, then understandable that they wouldn't travel. If it's the former...well...:slinkaway:

Anyway, we'll see how P/C will be scored this season, but I don't feel super confident about their chances for OGM right now :/

they are in a much harder position than even just one season ago.

Hopefully the burnout is behind them and they'll be back with their 100%

The perception of the judges has shifted a lot and S/K are the team with momentum right now. P/C still has like 5 points more in SB, but that was scored 2 years ago, so who knows if they can score the same now... We'll see, but it's gonna be more uphill for P/C than anyone would have guessed after PyeongChang (though it wasn't unexpected that, after hailing them as unbeatable, they would have let another team get up there to spice things up for olys. The other team being russian and objectively on par or better in some elements obviously helped with the catch up)

P/C have been my fave ice dancers (though maybe now there are a few jr teams that I love more) and even acknowledging that their scores in the past have been overblown, I'll be sad if they end losing another ogm...

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

wait, but are P/C in Canada or are they still in France? If it's the latter, then understandable that they wouldn't travel. If it's the former...well...:slinkaway:

Anyway, we'll see how P/C will be scored this season, but I don't feel super confident about their chances for OGM right now :/

they are in a much harder position than even just one season ago.

Hopefully the burnout is behind them and they'll be back with their 100%

The perception of the judges has shifted a lot and S/K are the team with momentum right now. P/C still has like 5 points more in SB, but that was scored 2 years ago, so who knows if they can score the same now... We'll see, but it's gonna be more uphill for P/C than anyone would have guessed after PyeongChang (though it wasn't unexpected that, after hailing them as unbeatable, they would have let another team get up there to spice things up for olys. The other team being russian and objectively on par or better in some elements obviously helped with the catch up)

P/C have been my fave ice dancers (though maybe now there are a few jr teams that I love more) and even acknowledging that their scores in the past have been overblown, I'll be sad if they end losing another ogm...

I think they were in Canada a couple of months ago, there was an interview with Cizeron on one of the Canadian sites and then in July they posted about a photoshoot where the location was tagged Montreal (& the photographer is also from Montreal): https://www.instagram.com/papadakiscizeron_official/?hl=hu. So unless something changed then they're probably still in Canada imo. This is why I think initally they wanted to compete at ACI but decided to WD for different reasons than traveling...

Yeah, the perception of the judges have changed since Euro 2020 and Papadakis/Cizeron lost momentum from there. Skipping the whole season and not competing for 21 months is a very long time even last season wasn't a complete one. On the other hand S/K gained momentum especially with them competing and winning Worlds 2021. Their federation is also much more influental. It will really be a battle for P/C from now on and that is why it would be good if they show from the start of the season that they are coming for their gold medal and show confidence. But choosing to compete at Masters instead of ACI may not be a sign of confidence. It looks like a careful choice. Maybe they want to get the first impressions from the French judges & officials and possibly controling some things like media narrative etc., I don't know.

We'll really see, I'll be very curious about their scores in the GP Series.